Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

4 problems - please help!

Nitro

JCF Member

Nitro is doing well so far

Jan 21, 2005, 11:30 PM
4 problems - please help!

Ok Recently I got a bunch of problems and I believe somewhere somehow they are related...
1) My desktop is white and has that "restore active desktop" link on it, but when I press it then instead of getting my wallpaper back, it opens up a folder C:\WINDOWS\WEB
2) If I do in internet explorer edit->find on this page then type in a search word, the "find next" button still stays grey as if I didn't type anything and I can't press it, nor can I press the Cancel button under it, I must close it only with the X at the top.
3) In a online e-mail account (ya know like hotmail or something) you are supposed to open the letter by clicking it's subject, this however does the loading thing like clicking on any link but returns me to the inbox page where I just was.
4) In a certain website the forums list is on the right hand side of the site, (sort of like at the top when you go into J2O) but it doesn't appear there anymore, it does appear when I visit the site with another computer and I did not change any options on that site.
My specs: ADSL, 160 RAM, 30GB hardisk, 466mhz, windows 98 SE, Internet Explorer 6.0. My anti virus and spyware blaster all updated, their scans come out clean.

Stealth Admin

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Jan 22, 2005, 05:02 AM
Looks like your copy of IE is screwed. You could try reinstalling it.

BTW, if you don't have a firewall, then get one.

Nitro

JCF Member

Nitro is doing well so far

Jan 23, 2005, 03:44 AM
Thank you (:
MasterRyu

JCF Member

MasterRyu is doing well so far

Feb 17, 2005, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Looks like your copy of IE is screwed. You could try reinstalling it.
or better yet...forget about IE and try Mozilla or Mozilla Firefox - I rarely use IE anymore, there's tabbed browsing, different browser plugins and just using a browser other than IE excludes you from a mountain of security holes.