Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Deleting your file on Jazz 2 Online

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Aug 27, 2001, 02:29 PM
What do y'll think. I think we should be able to delete our files on Jazz 2 Online. Because I have to keep reuploading stuff everytime I fix a bug. And if I reupload too many times I get an error. Or no one notices the level.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005
Gargoyle

JCF Member

Gargoyle is doing well so far

Aug 28, 2001, 03:20 AM
I completly agree!

The admins at J2O really limit our power as jazz2 comunity members!!
Fquist_old

JCF Member

Fquist_old is doing well so far

Aug 28, 2001, 04:08 AM
First of all, Gargoyle, JJ tublear, you are not in any place to demand things or accuse us of delibarately restricting the community member's power. We give all this to you FOR FREE. We have written a huge site for you.. you are not in any place to act like this or demand things, as we are not obliged to listen to you. Ask things instead, as we think we are friendly people and we like to abide your wishes. But demanding things is just harsh. We are not your slaves, tublear.

Anyways, there are plans for a fixed reuploading script..

Aiko

JCF Member

Aiko is doing well so far

Aug 28, 2001, 01:58 PM
A delete feature could be useful, but i have the feeling some users wouldn't know how to use that wisely...so i think deleting whole downloads should still be in the hands of the admins (if they only could or would care more about the d/b, *sigh*).

Deleting ones own *reviews* is a useful function, by the way.

And well...obviously, some people still have problems with re-uploading at the D/L section. If the admins could be finally fix them, that would be too great

By the way, Fquist, your quite harsh tone is a bit inappropiate here. I know, Gargoyle and JJ Tublear are some of our special J2O friends...but this time they really only asked
SteelTalon

JCF Member

SteelTalon is doing well so far

Aug 28, 2001, 03:26 PM
That's why you make your level perfect the first time. An update destroys your level's cosmic balance so you'd have to do it all over again.

Deleting reviews would be useful, though.

BTW Aiko, do you still review as much as you used to? ;P
PreSenT PaST
</font>
Bobby aka Dizzy

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)istrator

Bobby aka Dizzy is doing well so far

Aug 28, 2001, 05:42 PM
Yeah... I might look at the reupload some more now that I've made stuff like that before. If the upload works, then the reupload should be easy. I think it would be best not have a delete, but only an overwrite though.
Fquist_old

JCF Member

Fquist_old is doing well so far

Aug 29, 2001, 02:00 AM
It may be harsh, but I just do not want people to treat me like I owe them a lot, or I am a slave.

I've been working on a fixed reupload script, as cheeze's code was just.. terrible.
Aiko

JCF Member

Aiko is doing well so far

Aug 29, 2001, 06:44 AM
SteelTalon, i don't have a lot of time at the moment (real life...i'm moving and a few other things). Apart from that, i think that the J2O downloads have lost a bit of their appeal in the last months (a lot of stupid programs, patches, double postings, cheap levels and so on). And usually i need some time (at least ten minutes) for every review because i want it to be different and valuable (it should provide some real info and my opinion on the level). But trust me, i will stay at the top of the review count (i have some free days at the end of September .
Lamer

JCF Member

Lamer is doing well so far

Aug 29, 2001, 07:45 AM
Quote:

On 8-28-2001 at 6:20am, Gargoyle wrote:

I completly agree!

The admins at J2O really limit our power as jazz2 comunity members!!

I don't think they deliberately want to limit our privileges but a line has to be drawn somewhere so that there won't be chaos. Also, next time, before saying something like this, keep in mind what Fquist said. They are doing this for free, it is not their obligation, so the least we can do is to try to be polite when making a request.

Thanks to Fquist, iCeD, Bobby, Derby and the others for the JCF.

-Lamer
roseta

JCF Member

roseta is doing well so far

Sep 4, 2001, 12:01 PM
I agree totally!

I cant reupload! There is a bug when I try!

Join JOL! new members wanted!