Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Another Simptom of Death

MaGoo

JCF Member

MaGoo is doing well so far

Apr 9, 2002, 12:23 PM
Another Simptom of Death

I've noticed that a lot of people have been posting things on the JCF about leaving the community. I guess according to most, this game is boring now. No, I'm not leaving the community anytime soon, but I think that all these people abandoning us is another sign of the death of Jazz. One person I know that left not too long ago is Disguise. After that, it seemed like dominos while people were leaving constantly. Could this be another sign of the Jazz death? It could just be...

Don't let it die...

JCF member

Chiyu has disabled reputation

Apr 9, 2002, 01:57 PM
Nah, there are lotsa new people coming to JJ2 too.

JCF Member

Apr 9, 2002, 02:21 PM
5 people leaving, one person joining.

JCF Member

Nadine has disabled reputation

Apr 9, 2002, 04:29 PM
I'll tell you why this game is dying. Because there are jerks who play! I just got off a two-player online game. It was a treasure game called "Piccalo here". There was someone using a hacked character or something - he was a black spaz with a never ending fire sheild and shooting never-ending freezer blasts at me. I couldn't get out of it. My brother called his character "basil, and I don't know how to get the second player to chat for himself. So he talked through me, and was getting all mad. He said if only he was playing he'd be swearing like crazy at the guy. Plus the level was really easy to get stuck in. And for some reason I couldn't shoot almost at all at some points of the level.

If there are ANY cheaters or jerks playing, this game will die online very fast. It's already hard to find people to play against, and when you find a jerk, you just want to leave. Besides, I couldn't play - I was a Spaz-cicle for a long time.

It's okay to use the editor programs for changing colours or something, but PLEASE no one cheat. Even cheaters will agree this game is no fun to play when no one is there to torment. Just play fair, okay? I'd tell you the jerk's name except it was long and hard to remember - a weird complex name.

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Apr 9, 2002, 04:59 PM
Don't be so gullable, magoo. The people who say they left will just return after a few weeks. Even if they are sick of the game now, they will want to play it again, one day.

Visit My JJ2 Blog (HOLD YOUR HORSES I'M WORKING ON IT SHEESH)
MaGoo

JCF Member

Apr 9, 2002, 06:00 PM
Yes, I suppose that this game has a little addiction in everyone.

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Apr 9, 2002, 09:45 PM
I hate these kind of topics. Do you know these things happened many times before, everytime someone left or a site left? There have always been these death-topics days.. where many people would proclaim jazz is dead. We are still alive, aren't we?

These topics help nothing, sorry. :P

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Apr 9, 2002, 10:17 PM
Jazz2 is a game. You can't "leave" a game. You can stop playing it for a while, but the game will still exist. You will still have access to it. And one day, you will probably try playing it again and find out you still like it a lot, possibly more than ever. It happened to me once, or maybe even twice.

In a way, the game won't die until we do. In another way, the game is already dead as it has been abandoned by it's creators. Either way, people will still be playing the game for quite some time, especially if we get the source code for it.

Yikes. Next time you see me this optimistic won't be for ages, I can guarantee.

Visit My JJ2 Blog (HOLD YOUR HORSES I'M WORKING ON IT SHEESH)

JCF Member

Enigma is an asset to this forum

Apr 10, 2002, 01:24 AM
*takes picture of optimistic post by EvilMike*

Leaving Jazzers might always return. Splash for example. With any luck, those who leave will start to appreciate Jazz2 again after they lived without it for a while

JCF member

Chiyu has disabled reputation

Apr 10, 2002, 02:54 AM
Ehm, there are more people coming than just Nadine.
There are also lotsa people who're joining our community, but not posting on these boards.

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Apr 21, 2002, 07:00 PM
Wow, is this the 3rd time in the Jazz2 Community's history that someone has has started a "Jazz2 is dead!!!11" fad? I used to think Jazz2 would be dead, too, and look, I'm still playing it. Anyone remember J2C's Graveyard site/picture/thing that featured a picture graveyard of all of the people, clans, and projects that died? It probably would be pretty big by now, but look, it still isn't dead. Sure, a lot of the oldies have left, but that doesn't make it dead. So there are a bunch of losers online who "cheat", eventually they'll get bored of cheating and leave.

As long as their is a community, there is life.
&lt;table width=&quot;100%&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.jj2.info&quot; title=&quot;waaaait&quot; style=&quot;font-size: 14pt;font-family: Verdana;text-decoration: none;&quot;&gt;penny on the train track&lt;/a&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/tickbot.html&quot;&gt;readme&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/quote.html&quot;&gt;quotes&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/rsg.html&quot;&gt;formats&lt;/a&gt; - are you brained? *\o/*&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td width=&quot;1%&quot; align=&quot;right&quot;&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;