Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Timeout problems/ wierd join issue

JCF Member

Puffie40 is doing well so far

Mar 1, 2010, 10:09 AM
Timeout problems/ wierd join issue

I am behind two routers, a Mikrotik wireless radio receiver (My main internet connection) and a DLink wired connection.

Yesterday when I joined some online servers, I would time out. I checked and forwarded ports 10052-10054 UDP on both routers, and that appears to solve most of them. But something is happening that has me sctratching my head.

I attempted to join DanZeal's Zeal Duels server, and jj2 would load the same level the regular server was playing, players and all. Even though I was sending and recieving (Via f9) I would time out in 30 seconds.

Now is there a problem on my side, or is it a problem with the servers?

JCF Member

Foly has disabled reputation

Mar 1, 2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffie40 View Post
I am behind two routers, a Mikrotik wireless radio receiver (My main internet connection) and a DLink wired connection.

Yesterday when I joined some online servers, I would time out. I checked and forwarded ports 10052-10054 UDP on both routers, and that appears to solve most of them. But something is happening that has me sctratching my head.

I attempted to join DanZeal's Zeal Duels server, and jj2 would load the same level the regular server was playing, players and all. Even though I was sending and recieving (Via f9) I would time out in 30 seconds.

Now is there a problem on my side, or is it a problem with the servers?
I dont know if its server sided or client sided, but if you need help take a look at this site: http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-port-forwarding

If that doesnt work the best place to ask for help is here: http://forums.pcwintech.com/
[13:07:13] *** Foly is on a KILLING SPREE!
[13:07:14] *** you killed yourself
[13:07:14] *** Foly was looking good but died instead...
DanZeal

JCF Member

DanZeal is an asset to this forum

Mar 1, 2010, 11:05 AM
Zeal Duels are hosted on port 10058 and Zeal Duels II on 10057.

ZStats
"The myth that women should not lift heavy is advanced only by women who fear effort and men who fear women." Eric Midkiff

JCF Member

Mar 5, 2010, 08:49 AM
I have forwarded 10057 and 10058 on both routers, but I still get the same problem...

Another note I have is I cannot download server files easily. As long as I have the tileset or level in my jj2 folder, I can play, but often if I have to download a level, I get either "Error downloading file" "Error caused by server" "Unauthorized File Request", etc.

This happens more frequently on Sfaizst's servers, but I have seen this happen to other hosts as well.
DanZeal

JCF Member

DanZeal is an asset to this forum

Mar 5, 2010, 12:42 PM
You have the latest version of plus?

ZStats
"The myth that women should not lift heavy is advanced only by women who fear effort and men who fear women." Eric Midkiff

JCF Member

Mar 5, 2010, 08:07 PM
Okay, the newest patch fixed the ZD problem. I'll have to wait for some more servers to see if I can download files now.