Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJ2WC II Scoring system

View Poll Results: Should we use my suggestion for a new scoring system?
Yes. 2 14.29%
No. 10 71.43%
I can't decide \ I don't care 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

R3ptile

Banned

R3ptile is doing well so far

Dec 8, 2004, 07:29 AM
Thumbs up JJ2WC II Scoring system

I had to choose one way, but it wouldn't be fair if I wouldn't ask the other people here. First of all, I want to present a new way of scoring system:

2x 1on1
2x 2on2
1x 3on3

Well, it sounds a bit weird, but 3on3's are usually based on luck. People just camp on both bases and sometimes there are lucky points. Also, 1on1's in JJ2 are required more skill than 3on3's. Then, each clan has to show its skills on dueling, teamplaying and the old fashioned way - 3on3's.

Also, 1on1's are much more attractive than 2on2's or 3on3's and much nicer to watch, since the duelist must do his best and shouldn't trust other people to do the job, etc...

So, each team could have it's own duelists and 2on2 teams... especially like WC3L clanwars on WC3. Indeed, the clanwars would take longer but we could start it two hours earlier and then it won't make any trouble.

That's an example of a 2x 1on1 2x 2on2 1x 3on3 clanwar:

R3ptile1_AA [ 05 : 02 ] R3ptile1_BB
R3ptile2_AA [ 05 : 03 ] R3ptile2_BB
R3ptile1_AA & R3ptile2_AA [ 05 : 04 ] R3ptile1_BB & R3ptile2_BB
R3ptile3_AA & R3ptile4_AA [ 05 : 00 ] R3ptile3_AA & R3ptile4_BB
R3ptile1_AA & R3ptile2_AA & R3ptile3_AA [ 05 : 04 ] R3ptile1_BB & R3ptile2_BB & R3ptile3_AA

Total score: AA [ 05 : 00 ] BB, a flawless victory!

Well, now vote for the best scoring system in your opinion.

Edit: If you have any questions, contact me through IRC or MSN. (Check my profile if needed)
R3ptile

Banned

R3ptile is doing well so far

Dec 8, 2004, 07:31 AM
By the way, JJ2WC II's date is 1st April 2005. ;D
Bobby aka Dizzy

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)istrator

Bobby aka Dizzy is doing well so far

Dec 8, 2004, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3ptile
I had to choose one way, but it wouldn't be fair if I wouldn't ask the other people here. First of all, I want to present a new way of scoring system:

2x 1on1
2x 2on2
1x 3on3

Well, it sounds a bit weird, but 3on3's are usually based on luck. People just camp on both bases and sometimes there are lucky points. Also, 1on1's in JJ2 are required more skill than 3on3's. Then, each clan has to show its skills on dueling, teamplaying and the old fashioned way - 3on3's.
I would argue that this is not true at all. JJ2WC is meant for clans and should be a contest that determines which clan can play the best together. Having duels be a part of this will put an unnecessary advantage on those clans who have very strong individual players, not necessarily people who can play well with others.

Also, 5 rounds per match is excessive. There were already a number of time issues with JJ2WC when there were generally 2 rounds being played per match.

2on2s are reasonable but I still think that a 3on3 is more appropriate for a clan style tournament.

Quote:
Also, 1on1's are much more attractive than 2on2's or 3on3's and much nicer to watch, since the duelist must do his best and shouldn't trust other people to do the job, etc...
I'd argue that trusting your teammates and learning to play with them is the most important aspect of this tournament.

Quote:
So, each team could have it's own duelists and 2on2 teams... especially like WC3L clanwars on WC3. Indeed, the clanwars would take longer but we could start it two hours earlier and then it won't make any trouble.
This is still an excessive amount of time for one match.

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Dec 8, 2004, 08:23 AM
I think you're trying to mend something that's not broken, Reptile. 1v1 and 2v2 require less teamwork. Good clans must have good teamwork between its members, not just good players. If JJ2WC is decided by 1v1 and 2v2s and only to a certain extent by 3v3s then we might as well play JDC. Just my opinion.

JCF Member

[GpW]Urbs is an asset to this forum

Dec 8, 2004, 09:31 AM
Without even reading what the others had 2 say, xcept for reptile,(rude i know) I can tell you this, should this system be elected(doesnt look like it will though) we definetly aint participating.
Plus, even in the 1st season teams didnt show up, or could only play together for say an hour or so(SJ always rushed us 2 hurry, cuz he had 2 go to bed earlier cuz of the time difference, and he's from EU mind!!), now with this, wars would last like x times more. I personally dont believe it can actually be done on a tournament scale. I know this was gr8 for me cuz I could study and after the studies I played a war. Now it would take half of an afternoon to get it all done. Look we can hardly get together a 3v3 much less waht you're proposing.
The time zones are another factor. How are you going 2 have like 4 wars a day(find me 4 hosts!!), with people from USA. EU and other countries playing against one another. If we were competing to get on next years Quakecon, maybe. But like this? I think not. I'm not the only one who lacks time you know...
It's nice you're trying to fix things rep, but fix those few few mistakes that season 1 had, and try not to let em happen again?
Flagbug policy is one, not showing up another(one could use that to get a presumably weaker oponent say in the semi finals etc etc...). And of course not changing the rules. I actually liked the 1st scoring system the most. When there was a count of scores from bouth rounds. But you should keep the system throughout the tournament, and not change it in the middle of it, and then re establish it in the Bronze final...
Don't complicate, you didn't in season 1 and with it, you became the 1st ever to acomplish the feat of getting jj2's clans 2 actually play in a tournament and finish it. I'm sure it took alot of time and will, so I'm not taking anything from you, but this system is nonsense and shouldn't be used.

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

JCF Member

Superjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHART

Dec 8, 2004, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't like the new system as well, but I could play in a case that the time what a single war takes would be limited to 60 minutes, like: both 1on1 10 min, both 2on2 10 min and 3on3 20 min(or 10 as it would be more fair at the last round.)

But as it seems, many people are against this kind of scoring. Even I preferred the old way a lot of more really.

And I don't mention now the mistake you did at jj2 wc, since many people have already repeated it for like thousand times on you, just as you have noticed that.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Dec 8, 2004, 12:51 PM
I'd wanna see 4vs4 in the tourney too... And a little less duelling

JCF Member

Sasik is doing well so far

Dec 9, 2004, 11:39 AM
I vote for YES. ( Yea, i'm so orginal ). Why ? Why not
I think clanwars in this new system can be more interesting. I only don't know who and how will choose lvls for this. But as I see, this system won't be accepted, so it doesn't matter. As I see ppl just aren't sure if this will work, i think we should play at first 2-3 friendly clanwars in this scoring system and then it will be more clear.

And I think it won't take more time than two 3vs3's in JJ2WC I. We can play duels and 2vs2 at the same time. Host for duels doesn't have to be 1337. So matches still have to have only one very good host.

New things don't have to be bad

JCF Member

Enigma is an asset to this forum

Dec 9, 2004, 11:39 AM
I'm not inclined to say yes to this system. Wars in a format like that are likely to take all evening, and most people don't have that kind of time. Plus, I agree with most people here that tournaments like these should be about teamplay. I could live with 2vs2s being introduced, but I wouldn't like duels. Oh, and if you think 2vs2s can be played by "trusting other people to do the job", you're welcome to try one that way and get trashed. Teamplay requires an effort from all players, and can be a good indication of the skill of the clan itself, rather than the skill of every player on his own.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 02:15 PM
REBECCASBACK
This message has been deleted by Link. Reason: Spam.