Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is disappearing.

Taz

JCF Member

Taz is doing well so far

Sep 18, 2004, 01:03 AM
Exclamation Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is disappearing.

Perhaps you know me, I think you don't. I'm that n00b of a Taz (I think I was noobish for about 6 years..) which couldn't speak proper English and made lame levels. Anyway, I stopped playing JJ2 after a while. After that, I just observed it but didn't play anymore. I saw it really disappearing. Fansites were gone, no new players, the old players stop, the game isn't in the shops anymore, things like that. I'm almost sure that the people who aren't playing now don't see that, but the game really is. Four years ago it was on a great level of community, using JCS, and just really many people were playing. Now, when I looked at random moments on a day, there were perhaps three servers and with almost nobody in it. I know I'll get comments that this is not true, but perhaps you should see that you CAN'T see in the past, how it was. Keep the game alive, people! Invite more people to it!

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Sep 18, 2004, 01:05 AM
Welcome to last week, Captain Obvious.

The community itself is not dying. The game itself is just going very slowly down. Sponsored events, such as JDC, helps it stay alive by getting players' attention and bring the remaining active Jazzers together. Don't forget that ClanBase just granted the game a Ladder, which certainly will help keeping it more active.

Try to arrange games with some of your friends, rather than surf for games. It's much easier that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguise View Post
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!
Old Sep 18, 2004, 01:09 AM
Taz
This message has been deleted by Taz.
Taz

JCF Member

Taz is doing well so far

Sep 18, 2004, 01:11 AM
I know that's happening, but if someone stops he isn't going to join in anything like that. Most people aren't that emotional.
Old Sep 18, 2004, 01:12 AM
MoonBlazE
This message has been deleted by MoonBlazE.
R3ptile

Banned

R3ptile is doing well so far

Sep 18, 2004, 01:13 AM
Hahaha no.

We just got a Clanbase ladder, which is a great step for the whole community.
There are still many players, clans and levels.

JJ2 is dead when JDC is not running. When there's JDC, you will find like 5 public servers with 8 players each. ;P

About JCS, people are making much better levels. You might want to go look at the downloads section and get shocked from OLC's new battle pack - the best battle pack I've ever seen.

"no new players" - You should visit this forum more often.
There are many new players, too bad most of them are disappearing after a few days, but then other people are coming. This game is about 6 years old, it can't be so popular, you know..

Oh by the way, are you Taz[GpW]?

Edit: I read Moonblaze's comment, he's quite right. When we really want to play this game, we usually call friends and go play organized matches. Public servers usually exist to find people and chat with them.
Taz

JCF Member

Taz is doing well so far

Sep 18, 2004, 01:15 AM
Lol, yes I am.

Banned

Sep 18, 2004, 01:15 AM
I remember you then, a bit.

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Sep 18, 2004, 01:17 AM
Taz is old school. I remember playing with him far back, he was a gomu level designer too there. Too bad this computer fuxes too much to run such a simply game as Jazz2. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguise View Post
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Sep 18, 2004, 01:18 AM
Three servers for me are much

What R3ptile said.
Taz

JCF Member

Taz is doing well so far

Sep 18, 2004, 01:19 AM
The new player thing is hard. I found on Google that JJ2 isn't produced anymore, like I already said. You can call in friends, but then everyone has to have JJ2-loving friends and make sure nobody stops. You can't get the game without the internet. The most common way to start playing a way isn't a friend who's playing the game. It's when you see it in a shop and think that's a nice game..

JCF Member

Taz is doing well so far

Sep 18, 2004, 01:20 AM
Oh, please don;t remember me. Í was and am the weirdest player on any game. You surely dont want to remember me

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Sep 18, 2004, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz
I found on Google that JJ2 isn't produced anymore, like I already said.
As long warez sites exist, we will have more players. ;p
Taz

JCF Member

Taz is doing well so far

Sep 18, 2004, 01:29 AM
Are you sure that people really go search for JJ2 on the net? Anyway, you're a bit right. It's the best way because the producers already dumped JJ2.

Banned

Sep 18, 2004, 01:57 AM
Some stores are still selling it in Israel. Illegally or not.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Sep 18, 2004, 02:44 AM
Epic dumped JJ2 4 years ago. Yet new players are coming. OMG

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Sep 18, 2004, 03:27 AM
I agree with you, Taz. Although JJ2 still entertains me, it was so much better when there were pages of games listed to choose from, and they all had plenty of people in them.

JCF Member

BlazinDragon is doing well so far

Sep 18, 2004, 06:40 AM
Yeah, ive been playing for a very long 4 3/4 years, and the changes i've seen are dramatic: No updated J2C every few days, back then there also used to be usually between 6 or sometimes even 14 servers at a time! notn its like barely 1 server nowadays. Also i've noticed like taz said, alot of the oldies are dropping the game, but some of us are getting old and we have to continue with our life (like going into gr 11 biology which determines my life). Also, i've noticed that, yes, when JDC is on a few more players come back from the dead, but that shouldnt be an excuse to drop off for 10 months! I think we should play reugularily. Also, in schools and friends tell people about this new 2D sidescroller. Ive just told someone yesterday and he said he'd played it before (but said it didnt work which he needed patches) and he was INTERESTED to play the game again.

You see, if people just put in a little effort, JJ2 might start comming back from the dead.

P.S. that must have been the longest post i wrote in 5 minutes
#1= 100%
#2= 100%
#3= 100%
#4= 100%
#5= 25%

~BlazinDragon
~Dragoon
~Firebolt
~Iced Killer
~KILLERRABBIT
Doubble Dutch

JCF Member

Doubble Dutch is doing well so far

Sep 18, 2004, 07:33 AM
I have a certain morbid curiousity involving the death of fan communities, I watched the Cosmo, Jill of the Jungle and Biomenace fan communities all pass away, and believe me, Jazz is far from dead.

nonne amicus certus in re incerta cernitur?

/)_/)
(^.^)
((")(")
$tilettø

JCF member

$tilettø has disabled reputation

Sep 18, 2004, 01:32 PM
theres a small group that still plays.. and people like me would play this *.....* game when there are events like jdc etc but Yes.

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Sep 19, 2004, 11:52 AM
Hey, welcome back, unfortunately everyone has been known that, Taz.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Sep 19, 2004, 12:08 PM
As long as JCF, J2O and JDC exist, Jazz2 can't be dead.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)
Iam Canadian

JCF Member

Iam Canadian is doing well so far

Sep 19, 2004, 01:01 PM
Jazz is about middle-aged right now. Quieter, not as much excitement as there used to be (not even DDL is around anymore, although they were pathetic to begin with), just select group of people playing the game and chatting on the message board.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Sep 19, 2004, 08:26 PM
I am sick of these topics. If it wasn't dead the last seven times, why would it be dead now?
Tmansdc

JCF Member

Tmansdc is doing well so far

Sep 19, 2004, 08:50 PM
I know.

When I first started back in june 2002 I thought it was pretty active for an old game that was never real popular in the first place. But, it's lost a lot of activity in the last 28 months. And that's just sad.

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Sep 20, 2004, 04:24 AM
Oh by the way, agreeing something's death really makes it closer to it.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)
Ragnarok!

JCF Member

Ragnarok! is a forum legendRagnarok! is a forum legend

Sep 20, 2004, 10:58 AM
Okay, maybe it is disappearing, but oldies go, newbies come. I dont exactly like to think it is disappearing, but IMO this is a pointless thread. I hate it when people say things like this. >(
Old Sep 20, 2004, 11:09 AM
FireSworD
This message has been deleted by FireSworD.
Gr33n Pl4nt

JCF Member

Gr33n Pl4nt is doing well so far

Sep 20, 2004, 11:23 AM
I think, whatever happens, happens. I have discussed this with Ragnarok like 100 times (in each case he tells me to **** ;P). It will die one day, accept it. But ask yourself first, are you even playing it yourself that often? There are hundreds of players that still come on a weekly or monthly basis. I even posted a thread saying that I am leaving, but as Disguise miraculously pointed out, I am posessed by this game so I still come on weekly basis or every fortnight. If you don't want it to die, then contribute to it or play more often. I am not saying you have to. A lot of ppl have moved on because like Chavrash says : "OMG it's just a silly rabbit game!" but it probably the only existing decent online 2D game left.

JCF Veteran

Sep 20, 2004, 11:28 AM
I especially don't play JJ2 much because everyone is obssessed with JDC. I say, hey want to duel. And they ask me what my quality. I'm like what the hell man, forget it then. Everything is too competitive all for a tournament that gives bragging rights only, especially JDC was never like that in the old days.

"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Sep 20, 2004, 01:16 PM
This what was what they were saying 4 years ago, too.

http://web.archive.org/web/200010242...Talk&number=13

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm

Iam Canadian

JCF Member

Iam Canadian is doing well so far

Sep 20, 2004, 02:25 PM
Wow, seeing the JMMB takes me back. Although you can't read the topics, one gets the idea.
I'll close this post with a rather corny phrase I said a couple years ago: "Jazz will only die if we let it die".

JCF Member

Trafton is an asset to this forum

Sep 20, 2004, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam Canadian
Wow, seeing the JMMB takes me back. Although you can't read the topics, one gets the idea.
You can actually read many of them. I'd say about 35%.

JCF Member

Sep 21, 2004, 06:05 AM
Quote:
"Jazz will only die if we let it die".
We are. Slowly, but we're getting there. "All good things come to an end."

[/morbid]

/)_/)
(^.^)
((")(")

JCF Veteran

Sep 21, 2004, 10:07 AM
I kinda like the theme better on JMMB. The bluish purple one at least. It would be cool if we could make that or soemthing. Well darn, none of the threads work, no memberlist either.

NinJazz

JCF Member

NinJazz is doing well so far

Sep 21, 2004, 08:33 PM
phew, I am just getting TSF, and now then Jazz2 has no players so what's logic of it?????? I dunno 'bout u guys but Jazz2 were my first comp game I have played (emulator roms not count) and it will always be in my comp...´Jazz Jackrabbit will of course die cus of our oldering... we get everyone older and then we start getting topics like "bye guys" or "I have left Jazz2" and like I said before, I can do my new logic to rabbits age limit:
Rabbits...........8 years old
Jackrabbits......dunno
We have sumtime stop this forum and forget Jazz2, but that time won't come soon, so we have to enjoy fun we have and not to cry pain we have, I wish more activae members would come on...
Doubble Dutch

JCF Member

Sep 22, 2004, 03:31 AM
Whinge whinge whinge. All everyone does around here is complain. These depressing threads accomplish nothing.

/)_/)
(^.^)
((")(")
BattleSpaz

JCF Member

BattleSpaz is doing well so far

Sep 22, 2004, 03:57 AM
Ill think its true... Jazz really are disappearing... 3 of my friends wont play jazz with me anymore, there is only jazz 3 demo, then epic games just killed funny & great idea of 2D game Jazz Jackrabbit, they wont even say they had game like that!!! i sendet E-Mail (for a test) to Epic Games and asked for full list of Jazz Jackrabbit 2 cheats and they ansvered they dont even have made game named jazz Jackrabbit!!! and epic games stopped even jazz online server...

JCF Veteran

Sep 22, 2004, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubble Dutch
Whinge whinge whinge. All everyone does around here is complain. These depressing threads accomplish nothing.
So what, I'd rather put up with these threads than those really dumb threads that people post in Miscellaneous Stuff. Whoa, what was the name of the last stupidest topic, hmm probably the German & Swahili Word Associations.

Doubble Dutch

JCF Member

Sep 23, 2004, 04:18 AM
Hmmm, good point. Then again, this forum is at least expected to act serious.

/)_/)
(^.^)
((")(")

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Sep 23, 2004, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derivative
Whoa, what was the name of the last stupidest topic, hmm probably the German & Swahili Word Associations.
Or maybe even "What's the worst car brand in the world?"!!1

JCF Veteran

Sep 23, 2004, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl@$h
Or maybe even "What's the worst car brand in the world?"!!1
Or maybe all of your topics!

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Sep 23, 2004, 10:47 AM
Zing.

Seriously, you're more likely to find serious topics in General Jazz Talk than in Misc.