View Single Post
ivo

Aug 26, 2010, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
It wouldn't really be deleting a file if you're not deleting it from the downloads listing, would it?
Well, it was the best suggestion I could come up with. I'm really in support of allowing authors to do whatever they think is best with their files - even if this means deleting them. However, much too effort is spent into writing a review and since there aren't that many reviewers anyway, no danger of your review disappearing should be present. If you insist on keeping the system as it is now, you should at least make it so reviews of deleted files are kept somewhere. (Aren't they already? I think I remember it being said somewhere that deleted files became hidden and could later be restored by the staff - then it wouldn't be too hard to come up with something) My idea is that deleted uploads should appear in another category so that the only thing lost is the files the author submitted. Even without downloadable content, such pages won't be useless - if the upload had some reviews, then there was interest in it and others are likely to seek information about it too. Besides, if something isn't on J2O it doesn't mean it is not in circulation.

Last edited by ivo; Aug 26, 2010 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Expansion.