Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Music tracking help.

JCF Member

mortalspaz is doing well so far

Jan 14, 2010, 04:12 AM
Music tracking help.

Hi, everyone, and a happy new year.
I wrote this thread as a request for help in music making. I managed to record some waves that i wanted to turn into modules. I do not care which.
I managed to record 48khz waves 16bit but when i try to modplug them the files get ULTRA-large, which means even more than 20 MB, sometimes.
And when i finally manage to get a 7MB file i discovered it wasn't jazz2compatible.
Now i would like(if anyone can help me)to find someone that will help me convert these waves to mod/s3m/xm/it etc.
Any help is accepted. i will return the favor somehow.(level/tileset/music review or something similar)

Thanks.
Mortalspaz.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jan 14, 2010, 04:41 AM
Am I right when I read your message as saying that you composed a piece of music, and then tried to convert them into modules by using that music as a sample? If that is the case, then you're basically doing it wrong. Modules can be small because the samples you include are used to compose music with; the samples are not the music itself. If you want to use your wave or MP3 music as JJ2 background music, you're better off using JJ2+'s improved music support and including an MP3 file.

JCF Member

mortalspaz is doing well so far

Jan 14, 2010, 05:27 AM
hmmm... i didn't think about that... and yes you were right. I am a beginner and modplug 1.7 does not offer a guide. in fact it doesn't offer any help at all.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jan 14, 2010, 05:39 AM
Did you check out its wiki?

http://openmpt.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/TutMakeSong/