Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Unable to get JazzTool working.

sadron

JCF Member

sadron is doing well so far

Jan 9, 2011, 01:24 PM
Unable to get JazzTool working.

Hello, I'm currently unable to run JazzTool from my Jazz2 folder. I have it currently updated to 1.24+ with the JJ2+ patch, but JazzTool refuses to perform properly. I get an ERROR: Can not load at least on imagefile; preview disabled error at start up, and am unable to do anything on the player edit tab. When I try to search the server list it looks for a while then comes back with an error, in German >.> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Jan 9, 2011, 06:17 PM
Have you ever gotten it to run before? What operating system do you use? I know JazzEd doesn't work with Vista, and possibly Windows 7. Maybe JazzTool is experiencing the same issue? Sorry, I haven't tried JazzTool before, so I'm not sure if there's a more specific problem.

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left

JCF Member

Jgke is an asset to this forumJgke is an asset to this forum

Jan 9, 2011, 08:07 PM
Umm, if you indeed are in vista or Windows 7, try running Jazztool as an administrator. (Right click -> Run as administrator)
CõsmÕ_old

Banned

CõsmÕ_old is doing well so far

Jan 9, 2011, 11:38 PM
No , you should download JazzTool v1.2 and then replace v1.2 with 1.4 version and the error will be fixed or download .rar of jazztool 1.2 and unzip just the 3 images of jazz,spaz and lori and make them in your jazz2 directory and then download jazztool v 1.4 and also move it in your jazz2 directory !
This error means that the rabbit images are missing !

Quote:
Umm, if you indeed are in vista or Windows 7, try running Jazztool as an administrator. (Right click -> Run as administrator)
No jake , that won't work , the missing files can't be fixed running application as administrator !
Vegito

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Jan 10, 2011, 12:32 AM
Even though you registered just 2 days ago you appear to know Jazz2 and it's programs. I'm impressed

JCF Member

Nerd is doing well so far

Jan 10, 2011, 01:40 AM
Cosmo, Jazztool obviously requires access to the Windows registry, as it changes player settings. That's why it requires administrator privileges.
Vegito, Cosmo is someone we know quite well

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Jan 10, 2011, 02:24 AM
You can edit the keys without admin rights, since they're stored in _CURRENT_USER

Edit: Try running it in compability mode for win XP? Otherwise consider another option such as Cataphract's mirc-loader

Last edited by Grytolle; Jan 10, 2011 at 02:34 AM.
sadron

JCF Member

Jan 10, 2011, 05:38 AM
AH! Yes, I forgot to mention I was on Windows 7. I was even thinking about saying it when I was typing >.<; but I never wrote it. My apologies. So Administrator huh? I'll make sure to do that. If I still have problems I'll let you know. Thanks guys.

JCF Member

shaney is an asset to this forumshaney is an asset to this forum

Jan 10, 2011, 06:56 AM
ehm what can i say why u wanna run jazztool ? that program is like allmost out yeared . i dont even want to use that program cause i aint like nlazy to start jj2 my self :P

if u got problems running jazztool try to run jj2 it self :P

im still alive yeah

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Jan 10, 2011, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaney View Post
ehm what can i say why u wanna run jazztool ? that program is like allmost out yeared . i dont even want to use that program cause i aint like nlazy to start jj2 my self :P

if u got problems running jazztool try to run jj2 it self :P
So what if it's old? You get access to more colours. I don't open JJ2 itself with JazzTool, I only use it to save and create interesting furs. Also I have vista, I have both JazzEd and JazzTool which works completely fine for me without any complications like changing it to XP and stuff...also, you don't need image preview for JazzTool to make it work, but be sure to put it in your jj2 folder for it to work.

Actually, image preview sucks. It won't preview colours 80 (cyan) and above, which is not a tileset colour at all. Oh and 88 (purple) doesn't preview either, another colour available within the actual game itself by default. Also no edits to Lori are applied at all, I know hardly anyone uses her and that her fur didn't work back then, but she always stays as her default image, no matter what you change. Don't bother with image preview, just use jj2 itself to test it.

Yeah someone make a better version of JT pls. With working rabbit colour previews and keeping useful features like the folder thing for saving furs. I don't really care about the join server feature though, thought that was pretty useless. Actually join server on that thing never works for me so maybe that's why I think that way.
Nerd

JCF Member

Nerd is doing well so far

Jan 10, 2011, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
So what if it's old? You get access to more colours.
External tools aren't required for accessing the full color range. I've always used Regedit myself. Actually, editing the color values in hex might be easier even if you don't know hex (you don't need to remember the multiples of 8, just enter a digit between 1 and 5 and then 0 or 8 to get a standard sprite color).

Quote:
Actually, image preview sucks. It won't preview colours 80 (cyan) and above, which is not a tileset colour at all. Oh and 88 (purple) doesn't preview either, another colour available within the actual game itself by default.
This is a bit misleading. The menu shows only the colors that are in the sprite color range, but the tileset palette is what determines how the fur looks ingame (this also applies to the sprite colors, because they can be modified like the other tileset colors). Also, that color isn't cyan (cyan is much more blue than that).

Hope this post is of some use to someone.
sadron

JCF Member

Jan 10, 2011, 11:24 AM
By the way running as administrator didn't do anything for it :/

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Jan 11, 2011, 02:39 AM
tried winXP compability mode?

JCF Member

shaney is an asset to this forumshaney is an asset to this forum

Jan 11, 2011, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
So what if it's old? You get access to more colours. I don't open JJ2 itself with JazzTool, I only use it to save and create interesting furs. Also I have vista, I have both JazzEd and JazzTool which works completely fine for me without any complications like changing it to XP and stuff...also, you don't need image preview for JazzTool to make it work, but be sure to put it in your jj2 folder for it to work.

Actually, image preview sucks. It won't preview colours 80 (cyan) and above, which is not a tileset colour at all. Oh and 88 (purple) doesn't preview either, another colour available within the actual game itself by default. Also no edits to Lori are applied at all, I know hardly anyone uses her and that her fur didn't work back then, but she always stays as her default image, no matter what you change. Don't bother with image preview, just use jj2 itself to test it.

Yeah someone make a better version of JT pls. With working rabbit colour previews and keeping useful features like the folder thing for saving furs. I don't really care about the join server feature though, thought that was pretty useless. Actually join server on that thing never works for me so maybe that's why I think that way.

You noob use an older program that works even better called JazzED that runs better then jazztool and doesnt need bullshit updates . i was allready sick of jazztool cause the first versions allowed jackasses to join private servers

im still alive yeah

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Jan 11, 2011, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaney View Post
You noob use an older program that works even better called JazzED that runs better then jazztool and doesnt need bullshit updates . i was allready sick of jazztool cause the first versions allowed jackasses to join private servers
Woah geez. I never wanted to use JT for joining private servers. And I never will. The only reason I prefer to use JT over JazzEd is that you can save furs in a folder, without having to remember what numbers to use again. I swear when I had JazzEd it was more tedious for me, as I always had to open an image of screenshots and the numbers of furs I used...but with JT it's so much easier since there's no need for that. JazzEd isn't really that much different. Infact I used to use that. Sure JT had an abusable bug, but look at Get me R v0.2. That version was abused so much because people could get full ammo in the middle of games and such, and I see no one complaining about that. Or maybe you haven't heard of it, but it certainly ticked me off...but I don't mind the newer versions since it's fixed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
External tools aren't required for accessing the full color range. I've always used Regedit myself. Actually, editing the color values in hex might be easier even if you don't know hex (you don't need to remember the multiples of 8, just enter a digit between 1 and 5 and then 0 or 8 to get a standard sprite color).

This is a bit misleading. The menu shows only the colors that are in the sprite color range, but the tileset palette is what determines how the fur looks ingame (this also applies to the sprite colors, because they can be modified like the other tileset colors). Also, that color isn't cyan (cyan is much more blue than that).

Hope this post is of some use to someone.
I never bother with regedit. I find it easier the way JazzEd/JazzTool is because it's the way I started out with. I'm used to it and find the numbers are all easy to remember now. I'm not sure but I think regedit requires messing around into jj2 a bit.

Well, my bad. Perhaps aquamarine is more accurate. I think I got those two mixed up between cyan for some reason. The more you (I) know.

Last edited by Treylina; Jan 11, 2011 at 10:46 AM. Reason: more info