Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

Tricktale

JCF Member

FreeFull is doing well so far

Nov 1, 2007, 01:02 PM
Tricktale

This is the Interactive Story where you decide what happens (as long as I won't take over)! There are 2 modes you can write in: the command mode and the narration mode. In command mode you write commands; in narration mode you narrate the story doing the commands that were told before. Use bold text when narrating, end only then.

You are a rabbit. You are lost in a great desert and can't remember your name. Right next to you is a giant rock casting a shadow on you. There is some water flowing at the base of the rock, and 3 fruit trees growing near it, and the fruit seems edible.

Give the rabbit a name and I will decide which one is the best.

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Nov 1, 2007, 04:26 PM
Bob

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this
Fresh D

JCF Member

Fresh D is doing well so far

Nov 1, 2007, 05:29 PM
Morphis

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Nov 1, 2007, 11:43 PM
Alphonse
HorvatM

JCF Member

HorvatM is doing well so far

Nov 2, 2007, 02:20 AM
Casper.
NovaStar

JCF Member

NovaStar is doing well so far

Nov 2, 2007, 03:21 AM
Bob FTW

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Nov 2, 2007, 07:12 AM
Uberbob

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

Ae has disabled reputation

Nov 2, 2007, 08:55 AM
Take some fruit.
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Nov 2, 2007, 03:24 PM
I'm beginning to think these belong in the Forum Games instead of the War Tavern...

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Nov 2, 2007, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertop View Post
I'm beginning to think these belong in the Forum Games instead of the War Tavern...
ToU started like this, and now it's pure literature D=.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

Nov 7, 2007, 01:00 PM
Lets say he is Bobby. I don't have time to continue the story now, it's your chance to take over.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Nov 7, 2007, 01:03 PM
Bobby was standing next to this rock, wondering why the heck he was standing next to this rock. He pondered on whether to continue wondering why the heck he was standing there, eat some of the deliciously looking fruits, swim along with the stream of water or do something beyond your wildest dreams.

He also wondered why he had been given such a boring, generic name. He knew the answer to this question would be of great importance later in his life.

Last edited by Stijn; Nov 8, 2007 at 01:33 AM. Reason: loveyaback dd
Doubble Dutch

JCF Member

Doubble Dutch is doing well so far

Nov 7, 2007, 06:50 PM
Bold text during narration! *Slaps*

nonne amicus certus in re incerta cernitur?

/)_/)
(^.^)
((")(")
NovaStar

JCF Member

Nov 7, 2007, 06:57 PM
Bobby's hand went to his neck. Someone had slapped him, saying he should use bold text while narrating. He whirled around to confront the slapper, but nobody was there. That was odd... maybe he was hearing things again due to hunger. It wasn't the first time. Bobby sighed and grabbed some of the fruit and sat against the hard rock, eating blissfully.

Administrator

Nov 8, 2007, 01:34 AM
haha, awesome

Throw some fruit into the water.

Administrator

Nov 8, 2007, 09:58 AM
Turn on the light

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Nov 8, 2007, 12:31 PM
You stumble in the darkness for a bit. You search through your memories of learning about chemistry and physics for a logical explaination as to exactly what chemical reaction it was that caused the destruction of photons, but nothing comes to you.

Wandering around, you feel a spider web in your face. You attempt to brush it off, but when you touch it you realize it is too thick to be a spider web. You try to yank it away from you, and pull it down. Surprisingly, the sun lights up the sky again, and the cord snaps back up with the normal motion of a pull-cord attached to a light bulb. You have found the switch for the sun. You ask yourself: Could these hills of sand be the heavens? Could you be a solar deity? Could the rock be--God?

Last edited by KRSplat; Nov 8, 2007 at 12:31 PM. Reason: ended boldness
NovaStar

JCF Member

Nov 8, 2007, 07:21 PM
Attempt to conjure fire from your fingertips for laughs.

Administrator

Nov 9, 2007, 02:47 AM
Bobby decided not to bother about those existential questions and instead started practising his astounding magical abilities. He conjured some fire from his fingertips, which was quite hilarious. However, there was no one around to laugh, and as he just switched on the sun the fire didn't make much of a difference anyway. Bobby thought this might be a good time to explore the area some more. There seemed to be a city at the end of the stream of water.

JCF Member

Nov 9, 2007, 09:44 AM
Go to the city and show your amazing abilities.

JCF Member

Nov 9, 2007, 05:42 PM
Go to the central courthouse and get your name changed :P

JCF Member

Birdie is doing well so far

Nov 9, 2007, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmoo View Post
Go to the central courthouse and get your name changed :P
To mary sue.

JCF Member

Nov 9, 2007, 08:10 PM
I just thought of something.

If this forum topic is called War Tavern and the description says Jazz 2 Stories, what are we doing posting none jj2 related stories here?

Shouldn't all of these threads be deleted?

JCF Member

Erik is doing well so far

Nov 9, 2007, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmoo View Post
I just thought of something.

If this forum topic is called War Tavern and the description says Jazz 2 Stories, what are we doing posting none jj2 related stories here?

Shouldn't all of these threads be deleted?
This was already debated but I dunno where and I think most people agreed that we can post non-jazz-related threads here

JCF Member

Nov 10, 2007, 11:21 AM
You have gone to the city to show your amazing abilities, but they stopped working. You also considered changing your name but you don't know what to change it to.

Administrator

Nov 10, 2007, 12:01 PM
Change name to "Alphonse", and while you're at the town hall anyway ask whether anyone with the name "Jackrabbit" is living there.

JCF Member

Nov 10, 2007, 12:57 PM
Your name is now Alphonse. A blue rabbit has told you that there was Razz Jackrabbit living in this town (New Rootcity) but 1 month ago has moved to another city and he doesn't know where Razz is now.

Should we go after Razz?

Last edited by FreeFull; Nov 10, 2007 at 12:58 PM. Reason: GooBamBoo

Administrator

Nov 10, 2007, 01:38 PM
What's this "status" thing?

JCF Member

Nov 10, 2007, 05:39 PM
IDK. But I like how the story switched to a Jazz Jackrabbit story once I brought that point up lol.

Also I think you should not search for Razz and should go to a barber shop and get your hair cut to a mohawk.

NovaStar

JCF Member

Nov 11, 2007, 01:19 AM
Find Razz and cut his hair into a mohawk.

JCF Member

Nov 11, 2007, 05:49 AM
The Status is a simple indication of what Alphonse feels like, i.e. Status:Hungry, cold but happy.

You want to search for Razz but you don't know where he went. You are considering cutting your and his hair into a mohawk, but then some rabbits could think you are not worth their attention, or anything at all.

Edit: Oh, and I will probably gone for a week so someone will have to narrate.

Last edited by FreeFull; Nov 11, 2007 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Why not?

Administrator

Nov 11, 2007, 09:48 AM
Quote:
You want to search for Razz but you don't know where he went.
There's not much point in searching for someone if you know where he went, is there?

Go to barber to have your hair cut and ask him whether he knows where Razz is, and if yes how to get to him.

JCF Member

Nov 18, 2007, 10:31 AM
I'm back. I'm switching to first person because it's easier.

I have gone around the town searching for a barber. I found one called Steven Carrotson. My hair is cut in the usual way (The usual way consists of the barber looking at the person and giving it the best hairstyle possible. And it's not a mohawk. Trust me.).
"Have you heard about Razz Jackrabbit?"
"Yes, of course! Who hasn't? Too bad he has moved away from New Rootcity one month ago." The barber looked a bit sad when he said the last sentence.
"Where is he, and how do I get to him?" I asked hoping for an answer that will be satisfying to me.
"I don't know where he is gone. There are some rumours but no-one knows for sure."

JCF Member

Nov 18, 2007, 10:38 AM
Go back to the barber and demand your money back since he didn't give you a mohawk. Then go do richeaous worldly things for the good of all.

JCF Member

Nov 18, 2007, 10:45 AM
I thought about going back to the barber and demanding the money back because he hasn't given me a mohawk, but then I noticed that a mohawk doesn't suit me and that I haven't paid anything anyway because there was a poster in front of the barber shop saying "First time free". And the idea was ridiculous anyway because I like the hairstyle.

Money: 100 carrots(©) and 20 pennies(Þ).

JCF Member

Nov 18, 2007, 11:43 AM
Go back and demand your hair back as you are now starting to get cold.

JCF Member

Nov 18, 2007, 11:55 AM
Although it was the middle of the summer, for some reason it got chilly. As I was walking to the barber it started snowing. I quickly got in. The barber shouted "No! Not again! I hate when this happens! Last time the whole town was buried in snow!"
"Can I get my hair back?"
"Sure, I always keep it in case a customer wants it back. You never know!"

Money: €100, 20þ
Inventory: Some fur.

JCF Member

Nov 18, 2007, 05:22 PM
Go to the storyteller's house, shoot him in the head, and eat his food. Sucessfully.