Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

JJ2 AngelScript Presets!

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Feb 28, 2013, 09:09 AM
From my experience bitwise operators always come last, so you should always use parentheses around those in these situations. (Haven't tested.)

EDIT: Read below.

Last edited by Jerrythabest; Feb 28, 2013 at 01:06 PM.

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Feb 28, 2013, 10:43 AM
Here's the manual. The parentheses aren't necessary.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

Last edited by Sir Ementaler; Feb 28, 2013 at 10:56 AM.

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Feb 28, 2013, 01:06 PM
Hey, interesting. Apparently I was wrong. I'll edit my post to reduce confusion.

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

May 6, 2013, 08:05 AM
I think the code snippets section should be divided into two categories based on whether they are meant for level designers or coders. The former usually need ready, specific scripts that might only have a set of values to be modified, while the latter require "libraries", i.e. sets of enums, classes and functions that help them avoid reinventing the wheel. The difference can be compared to that between a level editor and a library. Currently most, if not all of the snippets belong to the designer-friendly category (with Grytolle's triggar zones somewhat standing out due to necessity to write a short piece of own code), but it's partly because I don't want to create a mess there. If any level makers come there for presets I imagine they would be easily confused by scripts that promise everything but do nothing.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

May 6, 2013, 12:10 PM
Yes, I agree. Sounds very reasonable.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

May 7, 2013, 02:57 PM
Well, there's tags, for now. I might make explicit categories if people would actually upload more scripts :P

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Sep 12, 2013, 06:36 AM
Have you always wanted a trigger crate to do more cool stuff than just changing a trigger, but you've felt the code was pretty ugly, and then wished for something like onCrate()?

Here's pretty much it:

http://www.jazz2online.com/snippets/...ashing-a-crate

JCF Member

Oct 20, 2013, 07:31 AM
Now we finally have a truly valid reason for replacing JCS with MLLE in the next release

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Oct 20, 2013, 01:01 PM
In that case, MLLE should be made 1.24 compatible. Or is it already? I can't be bothered to look through the entire thread (nor can I find it anymore).

In the case of MLLE vs webJCS, I don't like using webJCS much, it's too intensive on my computer. It's only good for live collaberations.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Oct 20, 2013, 01:06 PM
One of MLLE's big strengths is that it's everything-compatible, including Battery Check, AGA, 1.10o, and 1.00g/h. :P It's big weaknesses are that it's got some big bugs and isn't currently available for download.

JCF Member

Oct 20, 2013, 01:11 PM
... And that it's lead developer is suffering from another project that is taking up all his time

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Oct 21, 2013, 04:19 PM
I quite agree with Treylina about MLLE and WebJCS, and -- in case anyone's curious and has forgotten -- the MLLE thread is called "Playing catchup with DJazz".
(Also, if anyone wants it and Violet's okay with it, I could upload the version I have installed on this computer to my public Dropbox.)
Old Oct 26, 2013, 09:32 AM
cooba
This message has been deleted by cooba.