Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

ToU Part 3! Come join in before it becomes 40 pages!

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Dec 10, 2005, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canti3000
*sigh*

@WR: We must break into The Isle of Darkness and kill Blackraptor!
Hey, thats not very nice :(

Evil people have feelings too.

Page Clam.

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 01:36 PM
DO WHAT CANTI SAIDDKNÄa <3

JCF Member

MSB3000 is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraptor
Hey, thats not very nice

Evil people have feelings too.

Page Clam.
Srry

Attempt to add page to Thirdnotestrudel.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Dec 10, 2005, 02:07 PM
Warp to Super Ultra Uber Megatropolis.
Look around for Fox.

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 02:11 PM
...who and where is Fox? Why did we go to Anti-foo island for Fox and why go to Super Ultra Uber Megatropolis for Fox?

Stealth Admin

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Dec 10, 2005, 02:20 PM
Ask Fooruman why the pogo stick has a hard drive.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 02:37 PM
@Canti: Sorry, I was really only kidding before, although you can't command a character to like another character.

@WR: Fox is a merchant. They looked for him on Antifoo because that's where they last saw him. They're going to look for him in Newsuperubermegatropolis because they're out of good ideas and keep misreading every insanely obvious clue that I give them.

@Cooba: They wanted to go to the Isle of Darkness first.

Realizing the error of my ways, I warped back to Pandora's Isle, traded Solstice's angel decoration for the mittens, then warped back to Antifoo Isle. I handed the mittens back to L33tz4n. She looked at them briefly, then at me.
"That was purely out of the kindness of my heart!" I told her.
"Um... okay," she replied.
I spun around a few times, held up the magic map, and cried out, "In the name of Uberbob, to the Isle of Darkness we must go!" I tapped the surface of the map, and suddenly we were all standing on the shady shores of the Isle of Darkness. The ominous cliff of ice stood before us, in all its ominousness. I realized that ominous was probably considered an upper-level word, and that I probably had at least a 10th grade reading level if I could use it properly in a sentence. Embedded in the ice cliff was a metal door with no handle. There was just something strange about a door with no handle. It was almost as if the person who lived here was saying, "No visitors, please."
It was difficult to see much on the island since dark clouds blanketed the sky above, but there was just enough light for me to notice a large pile of snow on top of the cliff. Any kind of disturbance to the cliff would most likely cause an avalanche that would kill us all. I decided to register that to my long-term memory.
"Fooruman, why does your pogo stick have a hard drive?"
"It is a ONE-WAY pogo stick!" he replied. I decided that would be a good enough answer for the time being.

JCF Member

Ae has disabled reputation

Dec 10, 2005, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risp_old
The pogo stick was of the normal dimensions for pogo sticks, but had a few features most pogo sticks don't. Like a 9-digit padlock. It was very rusted, the padlock just stuck there by huge lumps of oxidized metal.
I demand a padlock

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 03:38 PM
Forgive me for not remembering everything. =b

It turned out that the switch Fooruman had activated was actually a 9-digit padlock he had entered the password into. I guess I'm just not as perceptive as I thought.

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 03:56 PM
Warp the Party to NewSuperUberMegatropolis, and examine surroundings.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 04:12 PM
I warped us all to Newsuperubermegatropolis. We appeared on the pier with the city lying to the North of us. I looked down over the edge of the pier and noticed that the water level had risen a little, indicating that Upper Placespot was indeed thawing out.

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 04:24 PM
Push Fooruman and his Canoe off of the pier, and bring the rest of the party North to look for the Canadian man.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 04:39 PM
I decided to be cute and spontaneous, so I shoved Fooruman and his canoe off the pier. They both sank like rocks.
"Let's go North and see how the Canadian is doing," I suggested. The rest of my comrades stared at me with their jaws dropped. They must have really liked my strong leadership skills.
We walked North into the town square, and by we I mean myself. The Canadian man was still standing in the exact same spot as before, but now seemed to be free of the alien vampire thing that had been sucking his brains out for the past several hours.
"Furious?" I asked.
"Actually, I'm quite happy!" the Canadian said. "You see, Furious the Monkeyboy came and smacked the alien vampire demonoid off my head! Of course the parts of my brain that regulate my other emotions seem to be gone, but that's all the more reason for me to be happy!"
I tried to consider the logic to this statement, but it made my head hurt.

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 04:45 PM
They didn't float D=

Reload from savepoint ;l

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 04:48 PM
You CAN'T reload from a Save Point.

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 04:51 PM
But now everybody will be ANGRY at us!

Strangle self with rope

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 04:55 PM
Everyone already hates Uberbob. You've saved someone from this exact same situation once before, Ae. It's not rocket surgery.

I considered strangling myself with the rope, but that would have been setting a bad example for the Canadian.

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 05:00 PM
Go South, tell Shuriken to summon a water elemental to go after Fooruman and his Canoe. The Snow Succubus must have done something to you back during the Battle of Upper Placespot, it wasn't your fault.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 05:06 PM
I heroically ran South. Looking over the pier, I saw a small purple hat floating in the water below. "Shuriken!" I shouted. "Summon a Water Elemental to rescue Fooruman his Canoe!"
Shuri stared at me dumbly. She pointed to herself and said, "Ninja," then pointed to L33tz4n and said, "Summoner."
"It's not my fault!" I insisted. "The Snow Succubus must have done something to me in the battle at Upper Placespot!" Somehow it seemed like things weren't going well at the moment.

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 05:09 PM
Tell Shuriken to tell L33tz4n to summon a water elemental, since she is so incapable.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 05:26 PM
"You incapable blademaiden!" I yelled at Shuri. "Tell L33tz4n to summon the Water Elemental!"
Shuri backhanded me. At long last, I finally had bruises on my head shaped like the hands of all three of my female companions!
"L33tz4n," Shuri said, "you know the drill."
"I'm on 1t," L33tz4n replied. She summoned a somewhat mighty Water Elemental and pushed over its cup. The elemental being poured into the water, and immediately the sea chucked Fooruman and the canoe back onto the pier. The old archmage coughed up a trout, then quickly got to his feet and ran to the canoe. He checked its pulse to make sure it was still alive. Apparently it was.
"I thought you would float," I explained.
"I never learned to swim," Fooruman said.
"Well, what about your canoe?"
"It never learned to swim, either."

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 05:36 PM
Ask Fooruman where he learned the Salamandastron Hare/Badgers' war cry from.

Well what do you know, I can hide my sig.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 05:43 PM
"So Fooruman, where'd you learn the Salamandastron Hare/Badgers' war cry from?"
"The FooCanoe taught it to me," he replied.
"Aha, so you've named your canoe?"
"Yes."
"Okay then. Well what do you know, I can hide my sig."
Fooruman blinked a few times and leaned over to Fawriel. "I think that Uberbob isn't quite playing with a full deck, milady," he whispered.

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 05:56 PM
Hey, Fawriel isn't a lady yet!

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 06:07 PM
"Hey, Fawriel isn't a lady yet!" I explained to the poor old fool. Fawriel sighed sadly and sat down on the pier.
"That was such a witty remark," Araches said sarcastically. "While you're at it, why don't you throw in some yo momma jokes? You know, for a touch of class."

I'm going to bed now. When i come back here tomorrow, you'd better have some good commands for me, or I'll totally make alien vampire demonoids attack the whole party.

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 06:20 PM
Push Fawriel off the pier.

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 07:16 PM
Prepare for an attack.

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Dec 11, 2005, 01:41 AM
DJASdgjlsdhs

Explain that this bout of idiocy is most likely caused by the apparent exhaustion that one experiences when walking all over the world and defeating a hundred monsters while not a single day seems to have passed. Solemnly declare that a nap would be in order. Do not push Fawriel off the pier. And ask Fooruman for a more in-depth description of the pogo stick and its abilities ( like, whether "one way" means that it can actually remain floating in mid-air while activated and then jump further up from there.. you know ).

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Dec 11, 2005, 02:09 AM
Hmm...

Do what Fawriel said. Then ask Fooruman: "Hey, since you technically should be in charge of the de-evilisation process on Antifoo, do you have any idea when will it end or whether is there a way to bypass the magic tape?"
Old Dec 11, 2005, 02:56 AM
White Rabbit
This message has been deleted by White Rabbit.

JCF Member

Dec 11, 2005, 03:14 AM
Let's all blame Adam before the demon hordes are upon us.
Go North. Talk to Canadian man.

JCF Member

Dec 11, 2005, 06:51 AM
Ask the group if anyone is hungry.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 11, 2005, 07:18 AM
"This bout of idiocy is most likely caused by the apparent exhaustion that one experiences when walking all over the world and defeating a hundred monsters while not a single day seems to have passed," I explained. Fooruman nodded. "I say a nap is in order!" I said solemnly. I then walked over to Fooruman and asked for a more in-depth description of his pogo stick.
"The ARCANE POWERS of my mystical one-way pogo stick include, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, bouncing up, and only up!"
"Does that mean you can actually remain floating in mid-air while activated and then jump further up from there.. you know," I inquired as I kicked Fawriel off the pier behind me.
"Yes, you've summed it up quiet nicely, my good woman," the archmage replied. "You can bounce higher and higher and higher, until you reach the highest point of the highest place on the highest planet in the highest galaxy!"
"Neat, I guess. Hey, since you technically should be in charge of the de-evilisation process on Antifoo, do you have any idea when will it end or whether is there a way to bypass the magic tape?"
He shook his head. "I think I'd rather just travel the world in my canoe than go back to that place. It's like every retired man's dream, except I'm doing it in a canoe instead of a recreational vehicle. I'm more original, thx."
"Let's all blame Adam before the demon hordes are upon us," I declared, then dragged everyone North to speak with the Canadian man. Fawriel crawled out of the sea and joined us, though somewhat soggier than he was before.
"Canadian guy!" I called out in a friendly manner. "What are your thoughts on Friedrich Nietzsche's views of good and evil?" The Canadian simply stood there, a bit of drool hanging on the edge of his mouth. "Personally," I continued, "I believe that an action can only be considered evil if it slows the progression of mankind or interferes with the satisfaction of another's urges. Because if you think about it, what are we but the sum of our urges? Can we really consider ourselves to be anything but puppets to the universe if we don't live by our own rules?" He continued to stare and drool. I turned to face the rest of my group. "Who's hungry?"

JCF Member

Dec 11, 2005, 07:25 AM
Venture East

JCF Member

Dec 11, 2005, 07:25 AM
..I think the Canadian man is slightly braindead.
What are we going east for?
(And why was Faw kicked off? Faw said specifically not to do so).

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 11, 2005, 07:42 AM
@WR: Faw said not to push him off, thus he got kicked off instead. And of course he's braindead, he's had an AVD (alien vampire demon) sucking his brains out, probably for days.

Before anyone could tell me if they were hungry or not, we went East into the lobby of the Newsuperubermegatropolis Hotel, or rather what use to be the lobby of the Newsuperubermegetropolis Hotel. It had apparently burned to the ground since the last time we had visited. A lone man stood in the ashes, holding a spatula in one hand and lighter fluid in the other. He was wearing a scorched "kiss the cook" apron and looked to be a bit dazed.
"Looks like indoor cookout night got out of hand," said Shuri.
"Sad," I said pitifully. "C'mon, let's go somewhere even sadder!"
We warped to the Isle of Darkness. Once again, we saw the ominous cliff of ice towering before us. Ominous ominous ominous! Fun word. Anyway, it was dark, like night, except it wasn't night at all. It never seemed to be night. That said, this would probably be the best place to take a nap, if it ever came to that.

EDIT: Don't edit your posts, WR, you're one of the few who ever gives good commands. I'm sticking with what you originally said to do.

JCF Member

Dec 11, 2005, 07:56 AM
Warp to Antifoo alone, save, come back and ask to use Fooruman's pogo stick to reach the top of the cliff mountain thing. First alone, then come back to report what you saw, somehow, like jumping off the stick, or something.

JCF Member

Dec 11, 2005, 08:03 AM
Ok, I consent. But you're not supposed to use commands that people decided to remove, even if they are good/better, but thanks for being benevolent in that respect.

Tell Fooruman to venture up the cliff with the pogo stick and examine the surroundings.

EDIT: ...Canti was faster?

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 11, 2005, 08:25 AM
It wasn't so much as benevolence as it was me being too lazy to retype my post. Besides, I fullfilled both commands.

I warped to Antifoo Island, saved, and came back. "Fooruman, may I please borrow your mystical one-way pogo stick?"
"Well, I wouldn't be much of a gentlemen if I refused such a polite request from such a beautiful young lady," he replied as he handed me the toy. I blushed slightly, then took it from him.
"My loyal minions!" I shouted as I held the rusty relic over my head. "I shall journey to the top of the Isle of Darkness, and report what I find there!"
"Just go, you idiot," said Araches.
I struck a few dramatic poses, climbed aboard the pogo stick, and bounced. I went up a bit, just like you would on any ordinary pogo stick, but instead of coming back down I bounced again in mid-air! I kept going up higher and higher, until I finally got to the top of the cliff. I leapt off of the pogo stick and onto the snowy banks upon the edge of the cliff. The pogo stick continued to hover in the air. Looking around, I saw an entire town-looking thing stretched before me, with various nifty-looking attractions and several Canadians. I could tell they were Canadian because each one was wearing a shirt saying, "Kiss me, I'm Canadian."
I knew I had to share this startling revelation with my party. I considered jumping off of the cliff, but realized that it would mean certain death as the cliff was over 500 feet tall. Also, I would be leaving the pogo stick behind, and that was simply not an option.

JCF Member

Dec 11, 2005, 08:31 AM
..silly pogo stick. Mount pogo stick and attempt to fall down to the ground while on it. Bounce up periodically so as to not hit the ground too hard and die.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 11, 2005, 08:39 AM
I DRAMATICALLY leapt from the cliff and landed nimbly on the pogo stick. I hoped that my comrades had been watching from below, because I was sure it looked awesome. I tried to fall down on the pogo stick, but it stayed right where it was. Even when I leaned to the side the pogo stick stubornly stood upright. I suppose that's why Fooruman had called it a one-way pogo stick.