Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Let the Rumor Machine begin!

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Jan 17, 2003, 02:23 PM
Let the Rumor Machine begin!

A yes its so far again to let it all go, First some Credit from Newspaz for finding this all out.

- The first hint, suddenly they show up again in October (after completing UT2003) and post. Now this could be more related to the complains about the GBA edition but still.

- "Needless to say Noogy and I are working together." I quote this from CliffyB at JCF. Erm, Noogy and CliffyB reunited?

- Suddenly when Unreal2 hitted GOLD Noogy posts a Picture of Jazz after a long time! ok its just a congrat but still why suddenly our bunny.

-"I want to say a big congratulations to CliffyB (who I am doing some work with) on completing Unreal 2." - Quoted from Noogy at www.noogy.com - Okey now that is confirmed they are back.

- Also Why is this Cliffy/Noogy team-work since Sept/Oct 2002?
Why do they want a Die-Hard Furry animator for their genre of games? They want Unreal with fluffy bears in it? I strongly doubt it

- Also the beta tests was in full motion when they started to Noogy in their last minute team-up? Also something wich I doubt.

Does this mean they ARE working on it or is this for some other game?? Well after seeing these facts I suggest to Let the good old Rumor machine start again! I call this Project "It" For now.

[UPDATE] - 11 April 2003

- Cliffy B Hint on IRC: [04:44:55] <@CliffyB_Epic> noogy and I are working on some stuff but it's super early.

- Cliffy B Hint: on G4 - (Source Hare) (G4TV.com)
"Please ask about Jazz, please ask about Jazz." And at the end of the conversation one of the hosts said it, he asked if making the same type of game all the time gets old. Cliffy B. said they had something in mind for something else, then said, "You might see a green bunny return". Heck yeah!"

- The mystery Jazz Picture from Cliff - Can ya see the JJ in his bandana?

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends

Last edited by ShadowGPW; Apr 16, 2003 at 12:43 AM.
Bobby aka Dizzy

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)istrator

Bobby aka Dizzy is doing well so far

Jan 17, 2003, 02:28 PM
*IT* IS BACK!

I've missed good old it. ;P

Last edited by Bobby aka Dizzy; Jan 17, 2003 at 05:28 PM.
Trafton

JCF Member

Trafton is an asset to this forum

Jan 17, 2003, 02:30 PM
Re: Let the Rumor Machine begin!

I both love and hate It at the same time. It is the source of much hope and even more frustration. It's nice to see that It is back yet again.

Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowGPW
A yes its so far again to let it all go, First some Credit from Newspaz for finding this all out.

- The first hint, suddenly they show up again in October (after completing UT2003) and post. Now this could be more related to the complains about the GBA edition but still.
I would think they were just showing up to post about JJGBA. After all, that is what Cliffy did.

Quote:
- "Needless to say Noogy and I are working together." I quote this from CliffyB at JCF. Erm, Noogy and CliffyB reunited?
I thought he meant Unreal II? Regardless, that could mean one of many games. Still, I hope it is in fact JJ3.

Quote:
- Suddenly when Unreal2 hitted GOLD Noogy posts a Picture of Jazz after a long time! ok its just a congrat but still why suddenly our bunny.
Maybe it was an excuse to post it here. Maybe it was because Noogy likes drawing Jazz. Maybe it was a hint towards something. There is no way to know.

Quote:
-"I want to say a big congratulations to CliffyB (who I am doing some work with) on completing Unreal 2." - Quoted from Noogy at www.noogy.com - Okey now that is confirmed they are back.
Like I said, it's probably Unreal II that they meant.

Quote:
Does this mean they ARE working on it or is this for an other game. Let the good old Rumor machine start again. I call this Project "It"
We do not know if Project It even is happening - after all, there might not be any project other than Unreal II. It's nice to hope for, but in the game business, it's all about anticipation. If there was a good chance that JJ3 or whatever It happens to be, would come out, Cliffy would probably have been more enthusiastic in his "Future of Jazz" post. Still, it's nice to think (there's always hope), and I hope that it is something Jazz-related. After all, JJGBA was kept secret to the general Jazz 2 community up until it was announced. It could happen, and this might be a hint, but I doubt it. It would be nice, however, if Epic posted in a topic other than "The Future of Jazz" (CliffyB, that means you ;-P) and give us some indication of how well JJGBA sold, what this means for Jazz, etcetera. Until then, rumors may be the best thing we have.

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Jan 17, 2003, 02:34 PM
Quote:
We do not know if Project It even is happening - after all, there might not be any project other than Unreal II. It's nice to hope for, but in the game business, it's all about anticipation. If there was a good chance that JJ3 would come out, Cliffy would probably have been more enthusiastic in his "Future of Jazz" post. Still, it's good to think (there's always hope), and I hope that it is something Jazz 2-related. After all, JJGBA was kept secret to the general Jazz 2 community up until it was announced. It could happen, and this might be a hint, but I doubt it. It would be nice, however, if Epic posted in a topic other than "The Future of Jazz" (CliffyB, that means you ;-P) and give us some indication of how well JJGBA sold, what this means for Jazz, etcetera. Until then, rumors may be the best thing we have.
No, Epic Games are always really silent with there projects in the begin, especially the first year(s). Also they all have a NDA clearance to keep there mouth shut till its all offically confirmed by the developper self.
Also Epic hasn't have any new project running anymore (Unreal ][, Unreal Championship and Unreal Tournament 2003 are all done)

The change are very very small at the moment. I guess we have to wait again for more.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 17, 2003, 02:49 PM
*It*!

JCF Member

VelKa is doing well so far

Jan 17, 2003, 03:10 PM
Yay. The "it" rumors are back.

edit: Never mind.
Captain Spam

Retired administrator

Captain Spam has disabled reputation

Jan 17, 2003, 03:15 PM
Call me cynical, but I recall getting to the point where we had screenshots before, yet nothing came of it...

Don't get me wrong, I want to see a 3D Jazz game done right, but...

The Dementia of Magic
... Somewhere between Tolkien and Monty Python.

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Jan 17, 2003, 04:40 PM
I doubt it's anything significant...but there's always hope.

And you guys, you MUST have the stars. It's *it*, not "it" or just plain it. *it*!
&lt;table width=&quot;100%&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.jj2.info&quot; title=&quot;waaaait&quot; style=&quot;font-size: 14pt;font-family: Verdana;text-decoration: none;&quot;&gt;penny on the train track&lt;/a&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/tickbot.html&quot;&gt;readme&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/quote.html&quot;&gt;quotes&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/rsg.html&quot;&gt;formats&lt;/a&gt; - are you brained? *\o/*&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td width=&quot;1%&quot; align=&quot;right&quot;&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;
Captain Spam

Retired administrator

Captain Spam has disabled reputation

Jan 17, 2003, 05:00 PM
No, *it* was TSF. We need a new name now. :-)

And I'd be more likely to call it Operation Beansculpture, but hey...

The Dementia of Magic
... Somewhere between Tolkien and Monty Python.
Trafton

JCF Member

Jan 17, 2003, 05:11 PM
How about "Revenge of *It*"? "*It* Strikes Back"? ;P

Seriously though, I doubt *It2* (or whatever is JJ3. Could be, but I still doubt it. I want official word before I jump to any conclusions. Or more like walk to conclusions.

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Jan 17, 2003, 05:13 PM
Yes, *it* was TSF, but people are saying "it" is back, which isn't correct since TSF before it was announced was *it*. This whole thing does need its own little codename thing, but the point is that if you you're going to say that the *it* is back in the sense that it's a mysterious new thing that no one really knows about, you should know that "it" is absolutely not *it*. I guess. I'm starting to confuse myself.

I think this new thing should be called *wishful thinking*
&lt;table width=&quot;100%&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.jj2.info&quot; title=&quot;waaaait&quot; style=&quot;font-size: 14pt;font-family: Verdana;text-decoration: none;&quot;&gt;penny on the train track&lt;/a&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/tickbot.html&quot;&gt;readme&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/quote.html&quot;&gt;quotes&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/rsg.html&quot;&gt;formats&lt;/a&gt; - are you brained? *\o/*&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td width=&quot;1%&quot; align=&quot;right&quot;&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Jan 17, 2003, 05:30 PM
This is offtopic but....

I think someone here will probably post a poll or a thread saying, what should we rename *it*

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jan 17, 2003, 05:50 PM
I suggest we call it Progect *That*

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
Iam Canadian

JCF Member

Iam Canadian is doing well so far

Jan 17, 2003, 07:20 PM
Or "Project Purple Monkey Dishwasher"!
*Dead silence*
Er, never mind.

JCF Member

n0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legend

Jan 17, 2003, 07:41 PM
Noogy lives right up the street (-=Edit=-, not literly, but he is in bike riding distance) from me...
and yet I have never visited him, or even seen him.

If all want, I could go over there and check *it* out.

I just don't feel like it would be proper to go knock on his door and ask right out if this secret plan is true...

But if you all want me to...

`N0

Last edited by n0; Jan 18, 2003 at 06:41 PM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 17, 2003, 08:19 PM
I order you to.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Jan 18, 2003, 03:06 AM
Trafton. What should Cliffy do with Noogy other than something Jazz related? I don't exactly see Noogy draw for another Unreal game

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jan 18, 2003, 04:35 AM
"I want to say a big congratulations to CliffyB (who I am doing some work with) on completing Unreal 2."

Well, I think this means Noogy is working on something different than U2. I mean, it looks weird to congrat someone with completing his work (or with something else) and then noting "I am doing some work with him". In this context, I wouldn't say the project was Unreal 2.

BTW, what about codename Whistler

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Jan 18, 2003, 04:45 AM
OMB OMB WE HAVE A RUMOR

I thought I would never see the day.

Anyway, lets all hope that this is ture, because more than likely its some other thing. But I'm a pessimist.

N0B0DY: Asking Noogy is your destiny. You must ask him. Seriously, you've been living on his street this entire time and you HAVEN'T begged him to tell you about secret plans? Are you kidding me?

/me sounds entheusiastic

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Jan 18, 2003, 04:54 AM
You know,I DO have the feeling he was kidding...

JCF Member

Jan 18, 2003, 11:39 AM
I don't live on his street but I do live in the same city in the same basic area. I could ride my bike to his house. I've checked on Mapquest.

Yeah, but I don't think its right, just going up to somone I have never met and asking him right out if somthing that he is trying to keep a secret is true.

I cliam this paige!

`N0

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jan 18, 2003, 11:46 AM
Send him an e-mail and ask him if it's ok to come to ask something.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 18, 2003, 12:49 PM
Nobody is going to interrigate Noogy.

JCF Member

Jan 18, 2003, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Piccolo
You know,I DO have the feeling he was kidding...
If you're lying then move to the street he lives on.

JCF Member

Jan 18, 2003, 06:39 PM
I am NOT lying. He says what city he lives in on his web-site, so the only reason I know where he lives is cause I looked his name up in the cities white pages.

I HAVE e-mailed him a while ago, asking if I could meet him, and he gave me the genaric Nice-To-Hear-From-A-Fan email. I mean, it was nice of him to e-mail me back, but he oviously didn't want to arange a day to meet.

`N0

JCF Member

Jan 18, 2003, 07:48 PM
Or you could ask him right now. On an e-mail somebody is no less likely to reveal to you highly regarded information.

Or you could say, "Hi. I'm nobody. Tell me about the rumours on JCF about you and CliffyB working on a new Jazz game." Who cares about subtle.

Or you could figure it out yourself.

Or you could act spontaneously(sp?).

Or you could achieve world domination.

Or you could not and say you did.

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Jan 19, 2003, 11:26 AM
You know, by now Noog's prolly already seen this topic and is laughing at us. What a wonderful thought.

N0B0DY, blow up his mail box. It's the civilized way to do business.

Super Moderator

Jan 19, 2003, 11:32 AM
heh

Spaztic - Yes he is :P

Noogy - Viewing Thread Let the Rumor Machine begin! 09:28 PM
Noogy

JCF Member

Noogy is doing well so far

Jan 19, 2003, 12:00 PM
Well, I'm a Jazz fan too

To be clear, I've never had anything to do with any Unreal game. I'm just a huge Unreal fan, and am looking forward to the sequel.

I dig rumors though

<p align="center"><a href="http://www.noogy.com" target="noogy"><image src="http://www.noogy.com/image/noogylogo_an1.gif" border="0"></a>

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Jan 19, 2003, 12:07 PM
That doesn't explain on what you're working on with Cliffy..

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Jan 19, 2003, 12:12 PM
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOGYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*giant bodyguards appear to get rid of Piccolo*O.O;

JCF Member

Evaluator is doing well so far

Jan 19, 2003, 12:16 PM
Evaluators eyes grow... and grow... and grow *faints*

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 19, 2003, 12:55 PM
Noogy... watch the swingy-spiral-thing-I-hesitate-to-call-a-stopwatch...

Super Moderator

Jan 19, 2003, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Radium
Noogy... watch the swingy-spiral-thing-I-hesitate-to-call-a-stopwatch...

Naw he is under a much more powerfull spell.. its called NDA

Last edited by ShadowGPW; Jan 19, 2003 at 01:12 PM.
Trafton

JCF Member

Jan 19, 2003, 12:58 PM
The funny thing about this situation is that if he is under a NDA, he can't say anything and if he isn't, he won't say anything. Don't bug the poor Noogy. He can't give us any new information. ;-P

JCF Member

WhiteFang is doing well so far

Jan 20, 2003, 03:33 AM
Tsjeez guys You see every single thing as a sign that maybe, maybe there will be sequel or however you guys say it in English...
And I agree with Trafton :P

White Fang DM

"Truth has many faces; it depends on your own will and your own thoughts..."

Pornocrat

Unhit is doing well so far

Jan 20, 2003, 09:25 PM
WB IT ;P.

JCF Member

Lama is doing well so far

Jan 21, 2003, 12:05 AM
All hail!

"I fake so many people that I don't know what my own name is any more." ~Overlord

"Well... UR MOMS FAT" ~CrimiClown®

"Why is baking soda so magically delicious?" ~Doubble Dutch

"Hypodise." ~Link
n0

JCF Member

Jan 21, 2003, 08:55 AM
Hey, Noogy?
Can I come over to your house and ask a couple of questions?
`N0

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 21, 2003, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by N0B0DY
Hey, Noogy?
Can I come over to your house and ask a couple of questions?
`N0
You have to get his attention.

NOOGY!?!?!

Page claim in the name of chaos.