Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

Gargoyle's Story Continues! -by GargoyleSB

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Jan 19, 2001, 03:55 PM
GargoyleSB

Member posted December 22, 2000 08:52 AM

I'm putting chapter 10 here so that you can remember what happened, Have fun!

Chapter 10: Mystery Of The Vanishing Shadow-Part 2

The frozen cave

Gargoyle was shocked, he had never felt so light, and fast. He started to speed out of control and was heading straight for the cave wall, but to his surprise, he ran straight through it! On the other side of the wall was a large icicle, and frozen inside it, was a black shield. “Touch the ice…” Gargoyle could hear the voice again. He moved towards the icicle and tried to touch it, but he couldn’t. “Inside the icicle…” He moved closer to the shield, and just as he touched it, his fur that was now black turned to gold. Suddenly, the ice turned into silver glass, and Gargoyle moved away from it quickly.

-Gargoyle! Goncha hack gora?

-Killo shen Grath. Jompan hack gorela non!

-Lelo! Hack fenora lempon!

“Grath…” Gargoyle looked in the mirror and was shocked by the site of the other Gargola rabbits. “They were hiding in the rocks! I froze them there! They couldn’t have just…” He suddenly looked very pale. “The dart! When I lost my powers they must have been released from the rocks!” Suddenly, the shield that Gargoyle had touched appeared again, and the image of Grath and the others faded. The shield floated in mid air towards Gargoyle’s hands as the ice melted, as though it was never there. “The shield you hold in your hand will aide you in your battle against the turtles…” “What battle?” Gargoyle asked. “You will soon understand, but first, I must teach you how to use your new powers…” Gargoyle watched as the room he was in faded, and the room with the monsters appeared again.

“Gargoyle… What you have just seen is real. They are looking for you, but you must not go to them now…” Said the voice. “Why not? I have to warn them!” “Because you must first find Razor, and he will help you use your powers, but you must first pass this test…” “What te…” Before Gargoyle could finish his sentence, the three monsters came to life. “Not again! Weren’t the Robo-Turtles enough?!”

Suddenly, Gargoyle started to glow, and he could hear the voice again. “I must leave now, but remember, you must find Razor, because without him, Carrotus is doomed…” The old rabbit’s voice faded away, and Gargoyle’s fur turned into gold scales. Now that he knew what he needed to do, he was determined to get Razor, and save his friends, together with Carrotus.

Gargoyle was very surprised when the Monsters started to take form, one of them looked like a plant, and he had vines for arms, and branches for legs. The second one was black and had four legs, and hooves. He also had an eye in the center of his head, which was shaped like a lizard’s. The third one looked like a spider, and had a large whirlpool in the center of its stomach.

They started to circle him, and loud howls could be heard out of what Gargoyle thought were mouths. The spider started to strangle him, but to both his, and the Gargoyle’s surprise, the spider’s hands just went through Gargoyle as though he was a ghost. The spider was very surprised, but so was Gargoyle. If the spider couldn’t hurt him, then how could he hurt the spider? Could he ever get out of there?

Suddenly, all the monsters started to change into giant Gargola rabbits! The spider, that was now a rabbit with eight arms, charged towards Gargoyle, only this time, he felt the pain. The spider had poisoned him. The other monsters took advantage of the situation and started to attack. The round shaped gem in the spider rabbit’s stomach started to glow, and long beams began to shoot out of it.

Now it was the plant rabbit’s turn. He started to ooze green liquid onto Gargoyle, but Gargoyle, with his new shadow power, dodged the shots. He was starting to get used to being a shadow. Suddenly, all the monster rabbits started to connect into a giant lizard. Gargoyle knew that now he had to start fighting, even if he was poisoned. He jumped on to them, and he started to pull on the vines that connected its hands to the rest of its body. The giant rabbit didn’t give up that easily though. Gargoyle felt a strong pain on his back, and when he looked, he saw that even though he was a shadow, there was a large hoof mark on the middle of his back. He looked at the monsters hands, and then he remembered that the monster was a combination of all the Gargola rabbits. Including the spider. He looked down, and noticed that the monster was hitting him on the back with a hoof shaped hand. He gazed into the monsters eyes, and then, without him knowing, his eyes started to glow blue, together with the monster’s body. The monster started to roar in pain, and then it punched Gargoyle onto the wall, and again, he went right through it. He saw the shield on the floor, and then he saw an inscription on the other side of it. “Gargola kilorain jelonoran fintora gorela nonot gifolenon” Gargoyle read. “Gargola rabbit beware, for this shield can only be used by the choson one…” Suddenly, he thought of something. If he could use the shield to block the monsters blows, then he could defeat it!

Gargoyle jumped through the wall, and landed on the monster’s head. The monster, that was very confused, banged his head into the cave wall, and became very dizzy. Gargoyle knew that now would be his chance. The monster started to shoot the long beams again, that were now green, and had transparent vines tied around them. Gargoyle pulled out the shield from behind his back, and the monster shot him. The beams shot right back at the monster, and it roared in pain again. It shot again, and Gargoyle felt the poison in his blood, and by the time he had moved the shield, the shot had already hit him. Gargoyle thought of Razor and the other rabbits, and he knew that the N-Violet dart was much stronger than the poison. He got up, and the monster shot again, and Gargoyle felt the pain in his arm, the pain from the shot, and the poison. Suddenly, he felt as though all his anger and pain gathering in his left arm. And then, he knew how to take advantage of all this pain. His eyes started to glow fire red, and his entire body began to glow again. He ran towards the monster, and he focused on the monster’s eyes. The monster roared in pain again, and then, it exploded.

“Well done Gargoyle, you have defeated your worst fear; pain. You have learned to use it to your advantage. Now I know for certain, that you are the chosen one. But now, you must go to your next journey. Remember, you must save Razor, and the other rabbits of Carrotus…” Suddenly, Gargoyle felt all his pain fade away, and with it, so did the cave…

Chapter 11: Awakening

Unknown Destination

Gargoyle was hoping that he was going back to Carrotus, or that he was being sent to Razor Rabbit, but to his surprise, the frozen cave faded into an amazing yellow sunrise, and a long beach appeared before him. Gargoyle walked along the beach and tried to find any signs of life, but with no success. Suddenly, Gargoyle heard the voice again. “G46…” The old rabbit’s voice said. “I am here!” Gargoyle shouted, because he didn’t know where the voice was coming from. “This is Endroa Beach…” Said the voice, and then the old rabbit appeared in the water. “I have heard of Endroa, isn’t it some sort of sanctuary?” Gargoyle asked “Yes, but you cannot stay here for long…” “Why not?” Gargoyle walked into the water, but when he touched it the water froze, and Gargoyle quickly pulled his leg out of the water. “Endroa may be a sanctuary, but as long as you stay here, you cannot eat or drink, or go into the water…” Gargoyle looked around him, and he saw that the sand was being lifted, as though someone was holding it. “Endroa beach is a magical place, but you can only stay here for five hours, and then you must continue your journey…” The old rabbit started to disappear. “Wait! Why is Razor in trouble? What must I save him from?” Before the old rabbit was completely gone, Gargoyle heard a faint singing noise coming from the east of the beach. “Now what am I supposed to do?” Gargoyle said to himself.

From The Log Of Major Grath

“We have landed on the strange planet known as Carrotus, but one of our crew members, G46 is lost. The rest of our crew thinks that he has betrayed us by freezing us in the rocks of this planet, but I am sure that he did not. A few nights ago I heard a faint singing noise, and when I came out of our damaged spaceship, I saw G46 in the water, and he seemed wounded, but when I came close to him, he had disappeared! I am not so sure if G46 is lost, or if he has betrayed us. If G46 ever comes back, the rest of the crew will probably send him back to Medivo, and that is why I usually sleep outside to make sure that G46 stays away from our camp.”

Endroa Beach

Gargoyle walked along the beach, and he tried to figure out where the singing was coming from, and then he felt the strange feeling he had felt when he had turned into a shadow while he was fighting the monsters. Suddenly, he saw a small shell glowing in the water, and when he came closer to it, he saw that the shell was formed from pure gold! Gargoyle walked towards the water, but just before he touched the wet sand, he remembered that he could not touch the sea. Gargoyle tried to get closer to the shell, but if he couldn’t enter the water, he could not see it clearly. Gargoyle began to hear the singing noise again, only this time it was much stronger, and when he looked at the shell, he saw that every time he heard the song, the shell began to vibrate. “The shell must be where the music is coming from!” Gargoyle said to himself. “If only I could reach it…” Gargoyle felt the strange feeling again, and now he understood what the shell did to him. Every time he came close to the shell, he felt the strange feeling that he had felt when he turned into a shadow, and if he got close enough, he could control his transformation.

Suddenly, Gargoyle started to transform, but he couldn’t stay a shadow for more than a few seconds, and he kept on transforming back and forth, but when he concentrated only on the music, he could stay a shadow for a longer time. Gargoyle concentrated very hard, and this time, he knew he wasn’t a shadow, but he felt like he was. He moved towards the water, and he tried to touch it, only this time the water didn’t freeze, but Gargoyle could walk on it! Gargoyle slid along the ice, and reached down for the shell, and when he touched it, the water melted back into its liquid form. Surprised, Gargoyle dived into the water and he felt as though he was being sucked down into a never-ending hole…