Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Glitches in Jazz 2

ShadeJackrabbit ShadeJackrabbit's Avatar

JCF Member

ShadeJackrabbit is doing well so far

May 15, 2005, 09:54 AM
Cool Glitches in Jazz 2

So does anybody know about any glitches? I've got some:

1.When you play Co-op, if one person dies, he will be standing in the next level. If he gets a 1up or carrot, he will come back to life.

2.If you get hurt while fighting the Tuf Turt Boss, then stand on him and sidekick as Spaz, you can keep sidekicking without getting hurt.

3.While fighting devon shell, if you shoot him and then stomp on him, he will lose about 30 - 50% of his health. He will gain it back if you shoot him.

4.Changing resolutions in a level with a translucent textured background may make your JJ2 crash.

5.You can place Warp Target events on any tile of a level and it will still work.

6.Flip an animated tile with a Trigger/Destruct/etc event on it and - wooosh - JJ2 will crash!

7.You can stand on a big rock/box when it's infinite falling.

8.If you do the "make Jazz a spaceship" thing and go near a "Fat Chick" enemie, she'll SLAP the spaceship about 100 metres, (if this were real life,) across the room!

9.animated tiles can be added to Layer 8 while using a textured background.

10.Using more than four animations in a 1020 tile tileset doesn't always make JJ2 crash like you would expect it to.

11.If you leave Jazz2 on for about 3 hours at the Player Edit Screen, the game goes Crazy Colours! (Only works on certain video cards.)

12.When two people try to access the same h-pole at once, one of them might get stuck in the floor.

13.After a float lizard has lost its helicopter thing, but before it hits the ground, it takes many hits to kill it. And if you sidekick a ex-float lizard when it has turned into a normal lizard, you will fly up in the air as if it was still floating, not as if it was a normal lizard.

14.Super red gems respawn in coop. Might be intended though

15.Another common bug is getting stuck into horisontally v-shaped walls >

16.If you get hurt while grabbing a pole you can sometimes get stuck in the floor

17.the blue bullet bouncers going through walls is also a bug.

18.Devan can sometimes jump into/through walls

19.When you kill the Queen, the level will not end. Additionally, if you go back to near when she was, she will respawn and you will be forced back behind the "force field" that prevents you from getting past her - sometimes into walls.

20.Turtle shells get can get stuck in springs

21.If you fall on a vine you can sometimes fall through it, this bug is a plague if you use the jj2 medivo tileset

22.Fish float in the air if they aren't in water, but if they could fly they would chase you out of the water too in water levels..

23.The Beeboys sometimes lag, sometimes don't appear, and sometimes stay still floating in the air. The raven stays still sometimes too.

24.When you warp to a tile just below/right of a wall, you will get stuck.

25.If you have water in a level, after you activate the water, above-water lighting won't work

26.If you enter a bonus level using any other event than bonus level signpost, after you complete the bonus level, you will go back to the bonus level event in the previous level and keep re-entering the bonus level every time you complete it.

27.When you freeze the robot boss, it will stay frozen. But I'm not sure if this is a bug.

28.Sometimes if you end a level as a frog, you won't get to the next level before you use jjnxt

29.if you got 100 gems, you supposidly go to the secret level of a stage. It doesn't work. And it says that in the manual, (for 1.23, I have it. I mean the 100 gems thing. Not the not working part.)

30.If you have a powerup, (like bouncer powerup,) that regenerates, you can shoot it again and again and get over the max shots! (eg. 246 x ()())

31.Lori can't use the copter event. When you try to get it, she'll fall down. (Sometimes isn't true.)

32.A bug in co-op, if all players die and it's game over for all of them, the game won't go to the play or die screen (with the grave and the mushroom house). They will just lie down there and stay dead.

33. Sometimes, if you shoot Devon Shell as he transforms, he'll die and you beat the level.

34.If you stomp while one of bilsy's fireballs is flying at you. You can stomp on the fireball, (only when you start to stomp,) and you won't get hurt.!

35.If you press "Esc" or "t", (the chat button,) while running or shooting, it acts like you are holding down the apropriet button!

If anyone knows of any others, please submit them.

EDIT: Thanks to everyone below! I've updated the list to include their glitches.
EDIT: Removed Glitch Updates.
EDIT: 35 down.

Stop talking sense, this is an internet argument. ~Doubble Dutch

Last edited by ShadeJackrabbit; Aug 11, 2005 at 10:31 AM.

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

May 15, 2005, 09:58 AM
I might have known about 2, but definantly knew about 3, and never heard of 1 before.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

May 15, 2005, 10:29 AM
I've never heard of the first one, as I've never actually played co-op before.

JCF Member

Sonyk is doing well so far

May 15, 2005, 11:04 AM
I knew of the first one, but it's not really much of a glitch. The player who's dead can't move and their screen shows the game over, so it's not as though it's something deadly.

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

May 15, 2005, 11:05 PM
Changing resolutions in a level with a translucent textured background may make your JJ2 crash.

Using more than four animations in a 1020 tile tileset doesn't always make my JJ2 crash like I would expect it to. I feel somewhat deceived. But don't add extra animations because EvilMike warns against it.

Technically, animated tiles can be added to Layer 8 while using a textured background. Just not how you would expect it to work.

You can place Warp Target events on any tile of a level and it will still work. That's not really a bug as much it is a useless fact. The last one isn't much of a bug either. Nor is the second one. I didn't feel like reviving the DYK thread in any case.
ATB Contest. Scripting Language.
Gameplay Theories.
1UP. Pitfall. Desolation.
SC2.

JCF Member

LittleFreak is doing well so far

May 16, 2005, 12:42 AM
Flip an animated tile with an event on it and - wooosh - JJ2 will crash!

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

May 16, 2005, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFreak
Flip an animated tile with a Trigger/Destruct/etc event on it and - wooosh - JJ2 will crash!

JCF Member

May 16, 2005, 06:12 AM
>.> Darn you Cooba, you've find the MISTAKE! >O

JCF Member

Xobim is doing well so far

May 16, 2005, 10:46 AM
You can stand on a big rock/box when it's infinite falling. Got it?

JCF Member

May 23, 2005, 04:23 AM
Here's my fourth:

4.If you do the "make Jazz a spaceship" thing and go near a "Fat Chick" enemie, she'll SLAP the spaceship about 100 metres, (if this were real life,) across the room!

JCF Member

May 23, 2005, 04:24 AM
^^^

I got to try that out. ;D

I guess it looks spiffy. =P

JCF Member

Birdie is doing well so far

May 24, 2005, 06:31 PM
i know one =) if you leave JJ2 on for like 3 hours in a menu screen (anyone of the purpple ones with "jazzjackrabbit" words floating around in the Backround if you leave it for 3 hours it will just start going funny colors then seizure type then pulling the skin of a dead cow layer by layer type then alot of pink and the lighting also stays there you gotta try it some time no realy just try it it works best in the player edit screen oops i forgot to mention the flashy colors!!!! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee flahsy colors

JCF Member

Hybrid is doing well so far

May 24, 2005, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie
i know one =) if you leave JJ2 on for like 3 hours in a menu screen (anyone of the purpple ones with "jazzjackrabbit" words floating around in the Backround if you leave it for 3 hours it will just start going funny colors then seizure type then pulling the skin of a dead cow layer by layer type then alot of pink and the lighting also stays there you gotta try it some time no realy just try it it works best in the player edit screen oops i forgot to mention the flashy colors!!!! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee flahsy colors
Wouldn't the demo come on first? I think I understood what you said, I think...

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

May 24, 2005, 09:44 PM
The demo only appears in the absolute main menu, with New Game and Quit and stuff. Birdie is talking about anywhere in the menu system, and suggesting the player configuration screen.

JCF Member

Saphir is doing well so far

Jun 6, 2005, 05:11 AM
Hehe, I always use the sidekick tricks to defeat Devan/Tuf Boss and in some levels in coop, if the one I play with has died, I push him into a 1up $$
The Devan bug is really handy though, the Devil Devan dies with 1 blaster bullet if you finish devan with a stomp

When two people try to access the same h-pole at once, one of them might get stuck in the floor.

After a float lizard has lost its helicopter thing, but before it hits the ground, it takes many hits to kill it. And if you sidekick a ex-float lizard when it has turned into a normal lizard, you will fly up in the air as if it was still floating, not as if it was a normal lizard.

Super red gems respawn in coop. Might be intended though

Another common bug is getting stuck into horisontally v-shaped walls >

If you get hurt while grabbing a pole you can sometimes get stuck in the floor.

The blue bullet bouncers going through walls is also a bug.

Devan can sometimes jump into/through walls.

When you kill the Queen, the level will not end. Additionally, if you go back to near when she was, she will respawn and you will be forced back behind the "force field" that prevents you from getting past her - sometimes into walls. This is sad, as you otherwise could make a long level where the queen "falls down" and you can reencounter her later...

Turtle shells get can get stuck in springs.

If you fall on a vine you can sometimes fall through it, this bug is a plague if you use the jj2 medivo tileset.

Fish float in the air if they aren't in water, but if they could fly they would chase you out of the water too in water levels..

The Beeboys sometimes lag, sometimes don't appear, and sometimes stay still floating in the air. The raven stays still sometimes, too.

When you warp to a tile just below/right of a wall, you will get stuck.

If you have water in a level, after you activate the water, above-water lighting won't work.

If you enter a bonus level using any other event than bonus level signpost, after you complete the bonus level, you will go back to the bonus level event in the previous level and keep re-entering the bonus level every time you complete it.

When you freeze the robot boss, it will stay frozen. But I'm not sure if this is a bug.

Sometimes if you end a level as a frog, you won't get to the next level before you use jjnxt.

More bugs maybe coming up later if I remember this thread and if i get a new computer.

JCF Member

Jul 5, 2005, 08:47 AM
We now have found a total of 30, yes, 30, errors in Jazz 2.

JCF Member

Jul 5, 2005, 09:50 AM
There are more I guess, but I'm too lazy to list them.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jul 5, 2005, 10:49 AM
30 is like... 0.5% of the whole ;|.
n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Jul 5, 2005, 12:04 PM
Hey, has anyone tested number 11? It seems to fake to be true.
minmay

JCF Member

minmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesome

Jul 5, 2005, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b
Hey, has anyone tested number 11? It seems to fake to be true.
#11 only happens on certain computers. It appears to be caused by Intel graphics cards, whereas NVIDIA and other graphics cards should be fine. I haven't tested this extensively of course, and it's really kind of worthless since it doesn't actually happen ingame, and thus cannot be exploited.

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Jul 6, 2005, 01:30 AM
Aww...I got a TNT2.
n00b

JCF Veteran

Jul 6, 2005, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Thats where it seems too fake.

JCF Member

Xobim is doing well so far

Jul 6, 2005, 08:33 AM
Lori can't use the copter event. When you try to get it, she'll fall down.

JCF Veteran

Jul 6, 2005, 10:08 AM
She can, I know Dr.Jones has done it before.(Once again, thank you random search on Nick Stadler)

JCF Member

Jul 6, 2005, 10:09 AM
In that case it only happens sometimes.

JCF Member

Jul 6, 2005, 10:12 AM
It happens in Battle1 and Carrot Juice.

JCF Member

minmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesome

Jul 6, 2005, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Thats where it seems too fake.
Birdie is likely attempting to describe when the colors start getting really weird and begin totally messing up.

JCF Member

Jul 6, 2005, 01:36 PM
I'm gonna be gone for 2 weeks, yet keep things coming!

n00b

JCF Veteran

Jul 6, 2005, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minmay
Birdie is likely attempting to describe when the colors start getting really weird and begin totally messing up.
Layers being ripped off of the skin of a dead cow is a VERY VERY weird way of putting it. WHat graphics card does she use anyways?
minmay

JCF Member

Jul 6, 2005, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Layers being ripped off of the skin of a dead cow is a VERY VERY weird way of putting it. WHat graphics card does she use anyways?
HE.

He probably has some really old pathetic Intel graphics card.

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Jul 7, 2005, 01:23 AM
Pedant. You're like the guy who reads through a really long post by someone else and then comes up with the reply "you misspelled 'exciting'". What's the point?

Another bug in co-op, if all players die and it's game over for all of them, the game won't go to the play or die screen (with the grave and the mushroom house). They will just lie down there and stay dead.

JCF Member

Aug 11, 2005, 10:31 AM
After a long time, an update!

JCF Member

Birdie is doing well so far

Aug 11, 2005, 10:44 AM
Quote:
it is true