Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » Miscellaneous Stuff

Who are you? (Introductions!)

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Sep 15, 2009, 06:53 PM
I've played against you before online. It's nice to see you here on J2O too now.

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left
Scorp

Sep 28, 2009, 03:44 PM
I am Scorp and haven't posted in a couple days

JCF Member

SBB_GameMaster is doing well so far

Nov 16, 2009, 11:15 AM
Hello peoples! I'm SBB and I just started playing JJ2! It's a really fun game and I'm looking forward to playing more. If there's any tips you guys have, or suggestions on things to download I'd be glad to hear them!

Also I started up the online play and noticed there were only 4 servers to choose from. is that really all the servers there are?
ivo

Nov 16, 2009, 01:12 PM
Hey SSB!

There are more servers up (and don't forget you can host your own one) at times, but the ones you saw are always on. Although the number of people playing online is not that great, you can still have a great time with the game. J2O's download section is full of things worth having a look at. There's also a page on recommended Party Mode downloads you should check out.

JCF Member

Pako is doing well so far

Dec 21, 2009, 04:46 AM
I'm Pako. I'm 14 years old and I live in Spain. One of my main hobbies is Smash Bros Brawl hacking.

Now, you may be thinking, "Wow, you cheat with auto-hitboxes, walldashes and super-armor frames, what a lame guy". First, you don't make any sense. Second, I don't cheat, All I do is cool stuff like this.

My work is in my sig's link. We got hacked a month ago so you'll only me able to see my recent skins.

Last edited by Pako; Dec 24, 2009 at 06:27 AM.
Valeriy

JCF Member

Valeriy is doing well so far

Dec 24, 2009, 11:22 AM
Hi, I'm Valeriy (not Valerie ) and I'm from Russia.

My primary interest here are OpenJazz project and multiplayer games, though I like this community too and hope to take a part in it.

// Well, this is my second account actually. Once as a small kid I've registered here and even made few silly posts, but it was years ago. Time passed, now I'm a big kid My English is still awful. My e-contacts have changed so I could not restore password and I believe there was no way to prove my identity, though no need too. Hope moderation team will accept this.

JCF Member

Erik is doing well so far

Jan 24, 2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pako View Post
Now, you may be thinking, "Wow, you cheat with auto-hitboxes, walldashes and super-armor frames, what a lame guy". First, you don't make any sense. Second, I don't cheat, All I do is cool stuff like this.
Wow you're right I was so thinking that right now thanks for telling me that it isn't true ok peace bro
Frostbite

JCF Member

Frostbite is doing well so far

Jan 26, 2010, 07:50 AM
Hullo everyone. I used to be It's Cool Man, then I grew up and realised what a sucky name that is. Also, since the last time I've been here, the entire community has probably changed, so I very much doubt anyone here remembers me. Still, I'm currently nostalgiaing hard.

JCF Member

DennisKainz is notorious for his worthless posts

Jan 27, 2010, 12:48 AM
I am Dennis K.
THAT'S ALL!

JCF Member

GrandiJoos is doing well so far

May 2, 2010, 09:42 AM
Just a quick "Hi! I'm new here" post.

So, here I am, new and fresh. Just finished JJ2 TSF and now trying to get network play working...

TTFN

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

May 2, 2010, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandiJoos View Post
Just a quick "Hi! I'm new here" post.

So, here I am, new and fresh. Just finished JJ2 TSF and now trying to get network play working...

TTFN
Welcome aboard, Dutch-or-Belgian-wordplay-in-your-name!
Blobby

JCF Member

Blobby is doing well so far

May 5, 2010, 07:52 AM
Hello!

I'm not new, per se, but I haven't visited here in a long time, and I thought it was long overdue I made a visit! I sadly am not able to play Jazz 2 at the moment - but I would love to be part of the community and write some fan fics! (ones that, hopefully, surpass my meagre efforts of before. I was younger then!!)

Look forward to talking to all of you!
ivo

May 5, 2010, 08:49 AM
Hey there!
Blobby

JCF Member

Blobby is doing well so far

May 5, 2010, 11:15 PM
Hey Hunter! Nice to meet you

JCF Member

MarcellGPS is doing well so far

May 18, 2010, 06:18 AM
Smile About me

Hi there! I'm MarcellGPS, alias Gothpaladinus, an online JJ2+ gamer and a transport and mobile fan. I'm a Hungarian student and 16 years old now - but my actual age can always be seen on my profile. I've been playing JJ2 since I first played it (about 4 years ago) in an informatics summer "camp". I don't prefer other FPS games but simulators and RPG-Strategys.
Nice to meet you!

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

May 18, 2010, 07:43 AM
Jj2+ online gamer

awesome.

JCF Member

djazz is OFF DA CHARTdjazz is OFF DA CHARTdjazz is OFF DA CHART

May 18, 2010, 08:52 AM
Hey I'm DJazz (or DJazzy), I'm from Sweden and I have been playing JJ2 for about 7-8 years, but only 3-4 years online (Joined J2O long time ago, joined JCF 2009). My real name is Daniel J (hence DJ in DJazzy) and I'm sixteen years old atm.

My interests are playing Jazz Jackrabbit 2, making JJ2 levels, programming, webdesign and robotics. I have been programming for six years, starting out with Javascript, and today I'm making games, websites and small applications.
I also like designing, building and program LEGO robots, done that for about seven years. See my WALL•E clone-attempt, it's the coolest robot I have built so far.
I have five computers (my Sony Vaio Laptop, Linux netbook, Linux Webserver, WinME/Ubuntu computer and an old Win98SE), but I only use two activly (Vaio and netbook). I also like to listen to music (in Spotify mainly, see my profile and listen on my playlists), and I like techno/ambient/8bit/jazz/electronica/soul/trance yeah you get it

See ya!
Level Packer v2 - With a GUI!
PHP Tileset Compiler
LovetoJazz

JCF Member

LovetoJazz is doing well so far

May 21, 2010, 12:10 PM
Wow..I had no idea there were any fans anywhere! Anyway, great to be here. My name is Leela.

JCF Member

Zero_Falcon is doing well so far

Jun 25, 2010, 02:26 AM
Zero Falcon

Username: Zero_Falcon
Favorite games:
-Allegiance (Freeware Space Combat MMOG)
---------------
-Sonic Robo Blast 2 (aka SRB2, a freeware Sonic The Hedgehog fangame... its Doom-based source code possibly suitable for a Jazz Jackrabbit fangame)
---------------
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-And of course Jazz Jackrabbit 1 and 2

Game making experiences:
-Capable of using Game Maker 8. Currently developing a Jazz Jackrabbit fangame, albeit really slowly...

-The first game I made (a shootemup) was for the kindergarten my mom works at... and now the children are hooked onto it!
ivo

Jun 25, 2010, 05:02 AM
Hey there, Zero Falcon!
Good luck with your JJ fangame!

And hi, Gothpaladinus. In case you're still here.
spaceboy

Banned

spaceboy is doing well so far

Jun 25, 2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Falcon View Post
!
D-TurboKiller

JCF Member

D-TurboKiller is doing well so far

Jul 13, 2010, 03:41 AM
Hello there folks. My nickname's D-TurboKiller, but mostly everyone calls me Turbo.
I've had a lot of contact with the Jazz series, ever since I was five years old: the first game was just phenomenal, I tried all day to finish that tough level for little me, but I never did finish it. A few years later I came into contact with the sequel, JJ2, and they improved upon what was previous an amazing game. I was also pretty stunned by the Level Editor at that time, but of course the newbie me had no skills with it.

Fast forward ten or so years, I found these games again and, in half a week, finished the whole thing, expansions and all. It almost brought a tear to my eyes for playing this again, even moreso when I found out the community was alive and kicking. This also made me decide to help out in some way, though spriting was out of the question (absolute zero skills, ouch, you really don't want to know).

In-between those ten years, I had a few incredibly silly Game Maker 4 projects using just D&D, eventually the now 12-year old me got 3 games done. While the games themselves were pretty terrible, this step was important for what was to come recently. I'll explain in another thread, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

So, in a nutshell, from those ten years to this day, I've been silently spying on the community, even trying out a few custom levels. I never was capable of joining, until I remembered about it yesterday. To be honest, as much as I wanted to, I also never played the game online either, though I did enjoy split-screen coop play with my younger sister, which was great. Maybe if I can find my JJ2 TSF copy again somewhere, I'll join in on JJ2+, it seems quite an improvement.

On a final note, I'm quite capable in terms of video-making, hell I can even make HD videos, but I don't have any of those fancy effects, not even fading, just very simple edits like cutting or copying, since that's basically what VirtualDub can help me with; I guess I should find a video editing program someday. So once I get more in touch with the community, I could start recording some Single-player missions by requests, but if I get more involved I wouldn't mind recording multi-player matches either, I'm sure that would be interesting (but of course, my tiny multi Jazz skills need practice first).

And that's about it. I hope you guys (and gals) enjoy my company around the forums, although I may not come here that much, I'm more involved on another, excellent forum (more on that later), but I'm certain we'll get along just fine. Hey, maybe I'll get some time for a level or two, but no promises.

Turbo's YouTube channel
(Mostly MKF and SMF videos, sometimes old-school or modern gaming material)

Last edited by D-TurboKiller; Jul 13, 2010 at 03:47 AM. Reason: All fixed.
ivo

Jul 13, 2010, 09:55 AM
Welcome to the JCF, Turbo!

I'm happy not everyone introduces himself with the computers he owns.

By the way, JJ2 rocks online. I'd say multiplayer is the game's best part but I'd rather not risk my life being taken away by some SP lover

JCF Member

JakeMuffin is doing well so far

Aug 6, 2010, 09:32 AM
Hi I´m Jake and a follower af the true cult of the Jackrabbit xP
I´ve played through the first 2 games + "secret files" and "christmas-editions"
And Ive got my hands on Jazz Jackrabbit 3 Demo recently

gameplay isn´t as good as the first 2 games but still I´d like to see a good 3D conversion of JJ, thats why I started making my own.
Dunno if I´ll make it into a game, but since I´ve got absolutely no knowledge of programming, I´ll guess its going to be an Animation

So well I´m a greedy little b*star* so I want YOU to do a little something for me!
As true Jazz Fans tell me what you think about my version of jazz and give me some feedback
and later on
Help Writing the script
voice act
or if anyone knows how to use Blender (Software not Item)
help me with the modeling and the animation.

Well I´ll post it in the art section, just tell me what you think for starters

...and never forget, Vote Jazz for President xP

JCF Member

Jgke is an asset to this forumJgke is an asset to this forum

Aug 6, 2010, 11:31 AM
Hi I'm Jake and I hate everyone who shares my nick. I've been active member of this community for several years, and wouldn't want someone else to use my nick, as that would cause only confusion.

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Aug 6, 2010, 11:42 AM
Hmm, Jake, note that your nick is quite a popular name. Please, try to be nice for people using proper English and not seeming to be idiots, they're always (or at least usually) welcome in this place.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

Last edited by Sir Ementaler; Aug 6, 2010 at 12:05 PM.

JCF Member

Jgke is an asset to this forumJgke is an asset to this forum

Aug 6, 2010, 11:56 PM
Hmm. I was a bit sleepy by then. Sorry.

JCF Member

JakeMuffin is doing well so far

Aug 7, 2010, 11:17 AM
Yeah no problem, just call me Steve then, since thats my real name, Jake is only my Nick^^

JCF Member

Crazy Rabbit is doing well so far

Aug 14, 2010, 07:28 AM
Oh, lemme tell something more about myself...

My name is Stepan...
Im living in Russia, in Khabarovskij kraj...
My GMT +10:00...
I like write simple music on ModPlug Tracker, like make something in RPG Maker XP...
Like make Jazz Jackrabbit 2 levels (my experience growing) and tilesets (simple) ...
I have not much friends in my city, and its good...Because if i'll get much friends, ill get crazy...
Also i like make something for Warcraft 3 and sometime im playing basketball and
playing with friends...

Im glad what there's game as Jazz Jackrabbit 2.
Its really cool!

Aug 16, 2010, 08:01 AM
Привет!

I'm into basketball too. I've set a record shooting a hundred times and missing every single shot.

Last edited by ivo; Aug 16, 2010 at 09:32 AM.
Spare

JCF Member

Spare is doing well so far

Sep 25, 2010, 02:54 PM
Cool WHAY HULLO THER!

I knew I had to do this AGES ago.

Names' Diego, I'm from Chile and I'm 19 years old. Many say I'm a no-lifer, but hey, it's not my fault that nothing interesting happens where I live, a city in a valley in the middle of Valparaíso region - I just have such a peaceful life. Peaceful and boring, so I get to play in my PC while my life consists of nothing but free time and sleep. And no, I don't like sports, but at least I'm not as fat as many people would think at this point. I've just got... a tiny screw loose on my mind, and it will take the impossible to make me tell what it is, so don't expect me to say it soon! Yes, I'm that weird.

Now for the games I play: The Age of Empires series, some from Command & Conquer, Warcraft 3... yep, mostly RTSes, and of course, JJ2. I never played online in my life (what a shame), even though I got my affairs with Runescape, and thank God I left it. <--Fits great here, don't you?

As for my name, it was a sad, sad mishappening in my life: When I went to register to tell of a certain noobs' problem, it was meant to say "Spaztic Hare", (cos i use Spaz a lot) but I think i screwed up with my keyboard and ended up as "Spare". DAMN YOU, KEYBOARD, AS IF BASHING YOU WITH ME HEAD WASN'T ENOUGH TO SEND UR ABHORRENT EXISTENCE TO THE DEPTHS OF HELL!

...Er, you read nothing.

Anyway, I had to register in the main page with the same name to fit in, (I'm picky about this stuff) and so it ended. If anybody could change my name (or where could I request it) please tell me, or do so, whatever.

Well, that's it, I got nothing else to say.
filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler BATMAAAAAAN filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler BATMAAAAAAN filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler BATMAAAAAAN filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler BATMAAAAAAN filler filler filler filler filler BATMAAAAAAN filler BATMAAAN I'm not running out of ideas SHUT UP! filler filler filler filler filler filler

JCF Member

Skele! is doing well so far

Sep 26, 2010, 12:35 PM
Hello guys,my name is Srđan and my surname Nikolić. I am from Novi Sad In Serbia. I am young I have 12 years,and I have interests in gaming,girls and stuff like that ,I go to school of course I am in the 6th grade and I am kinda good,I never bother my friends,I only help them,I have a girlfriend,called Iwana she is my age(12). The place where I live isn't very big,but I like it,I have 4 brothers and 2 sisters,one of them plays JJ2 he is called Riper. I like history that's why I play some games like that in lower of this text you will see what games,I like Geography too,Maths a little bit and Physics I hate! I don't bother learning them just they're just boring. I wanna learn much about everything I see too :-D. I play JazzJackRabbit (2) From 2005 (sorry I forgot to edit this XD) (Online) August actually and 2003 SP. My other nickname in JJ2 is Archer,yes,I train archery and I'm very good,the place is on Tvrdjava(On the fort in Novi Sad)my trainers name is Sinisa(I call him Robindole)If anyone is coming to Serbia I might show him some stuff :-D. I make levels,I'm not bad or good,I'm something near those two,my friend EagLe and another friend DaiDaLoS have made a level making group,called ELC(EliteLevelCreators :-D) If anyone is interested in joining PM me or Ron97. Yeah I play other games too Age Of Empires II The Conquerors,CSF(Commandos Strike Force,not online) and some other games that are kinda boring,and at JJ2 I plan to be like SuperJazz one day :-D,he is a idol to me PurpleJazz too,all of those who are in id) now except some like Raul or Raven :-D. Well,that's all you can know about me guys. :-D

Last edited by Skele!; Sep 29, 2010 at 12:06 AM.

JCF Member

Speeza is an asset to this forumSpeeza is an asset to this forum

Sep 27, 2010, 04:34 AM
Welcome to the boards skele! pretty interesting stuff.

Your friendly JCF Hillybilly
DavidkazBest poster of 2010 ! [GpW]

JCF Member

Crazy should really improve his posting

Sep 27, 2010, 04:42 AM
Yo Skele! your bro "Riper" to get it straight that isnt me ur talking about is it?

as my internet name Rippor :S

------------------------------------------------------
Do you like Cooba? Take the poll: http://poll.pollcode.com/SSn5

JCF Member

Sep 28, 2010, 01:50 AM
Thanks Speeza,and no It's not you Rippor

JCF Member

Toni should make better posts

Sep 28, 2010, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skele! View Post
I play JazzJackRabbit (2) From 2006 (Online)
I'm not very sure

JCF Member

Sep 28, 2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni View Post
I'm not very sure
Why wouldn't you ?

JCF Member

JnAkers is doing well so far

Nov 5, 2010, 09:56 PM
Hey
my names josh
I love music, play alto sax, some piano and electric bass guitar
Loved jazz since i was a kid

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Nov 5, 2010, 10:03 PM
Welcome to the community.

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left
LegendaryDreamer

JCF Member

LegendaryDreamer is notorious for his worthless posts

Nov 6, 2010, 12:26 PM
Long post below. I was going to post this in a new thread but this new account does not have the right permissions yet. This post is completely genuine, I promise.

For those of you who might remember me, I am Jimbob. I am back!

It has been a long time since I last posted on this forum. I know that some of you will still remember me from when I was last active on JJ2 and on the forum.
I am the one who kept making only CTF levels, postponing the Christmas Fun Pack in 2008 (you guys remember? The levels were mostly finished btw.) and the one who was making the Legacies CTF pack. Both levelpacks never got released.

It became late in 2009, and I was getting bored with JJ2 and around that time I was more interested in other things that I was doing. That, and all the pressure from school (high school, yay...) was just too much for me to handle. I was developing that Christmas level pack back then, and I could not respond to the pressure of it all. I hosted some of the levels on my server so I'm sure some of you may still have them.

I got Windows 7 and two new hard drives installed on my computer, for the fear that the old one I was using (in other words, the one with all my data, and all my JJ2 levels I created but didn't release) would crash- it was at the end of its lifespan. And sure enough, it did. ALL those levels, completely GONE. And no way to restore the data!

It was just a few days ago that I started getting back into JJ2. I played on the Zeal servers a few times under the name of Bistro. I tried logging on to the account at Jimbob, but I could no longer access it as both its e-mail address and password are obsolete. I had no choice but to register with a new account to post my story and to become active again, so here it is. I still plan to go online on servers with the name of Jimbob, but I think LegendaryDreamer suits me a lot more on the forum and the main website.

If some of you still have those levels in your JJ2 folders from old times when I hosted them, can you please send them to me in a PM here? Thank you.

Anyways, I'm making some new levels for two reasons: I'm a little bit rusty with JCS but it's quickly coming back, and I want to actually release something. Thank you for your understanding, if you actually managed to read all this.

Last edited by LegendaryDreamer; Nov 7, 2010 at 10:19 AM.