Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

How do you convert midi to .mod, .xm, .it, or .s3m?

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Jul 22, 2004, 03:04 PM
How do you convert midi to .mod, .xm, .it, or .s3m?

Just wondering is it possible? I got some cool music, that would be cool to convert into one of those 4 formats, for use with JJ2 levels.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Jul 22, 2004, 03:12 PM
I know this is possible, because I remember emailing Arjan Brussee about it when I still was a little kid. He sent me back some small application. Heh. Try looking for it on google.

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Jul 22, 2004, 03:15 PM
Did you search the JCF using the search function already? I can recall this question having been asked a lot more times.

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm

JCF Veteran

Jul 22, 2004, 03:32 PM
^^^

I thought those questions were for MP3 to all those formats?

"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jul 22, 2004, 03:58 PM
1. Open midi file in ModPlug Tracker.
2. Save.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
Lark

JCF Member

Lark has disabled reputation

Jul 24, 2004, 09:55 AM
Radium definetely wins, although some midis are stubborn and they turn out sounding worse after being changed.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jul 24, 2004, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAb RaT kiD
Radium definetely wins, although some midis are stubborn and they turn out sounding worse after being changed.
CK4 ones, say.

JCF Veteran

Jul 24, 2004, 10:06 AM
Will the file size stay small, like a couple of KBs?

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jul 24, 2004, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Tublear
Will the file size stay small, like a couple of KBs?
I think it will save the midi samples as sound files, but yes.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
Lark

JCF Member

Lark has disabled reputation

Jul 25, 2004, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Cooba
CK4 ones, say.
That one didn't come out THAT bad. I'm talking about Doom ones, for example, although I think the Doom one I tried converting got messed up in it's .mus -> .mid conversion to begin with, then got messed up even more in it's .mid -> .mod conversion.

Stealth Admin

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Jul 26, 2004, 06:05 AM
http://www.un4seen.com/
Look for MID2XM there, and give that a try.

Last edited by Torkell; Jul 26, 2004 at 06:05 AM. Reason: typo

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jul 26, 2004, 06:39 AM