Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJ2WC II - Match Logs

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Apr 11, 2005, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafton
Shadow, for someone complaining this is being taken too seriously, you're taking this rather seriously with your whole "pro attitude" thing (whatever that means.)
rotfl no man i just dont want clan members to flame each other during the match and that they have to show up before a match. Also that some feelings here are so deep about it that its laughable, everytime i re-read the statement by CraccoBoy gets me a big laughter. If you conclude "pro attitude" out of it is also pretty humor aint it? So shut it before i die of laughing.

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends

JCF Member

[GpW]Urbs is an asset to this forum

Apr 11, 2005, 04:38 AM
I think the reason why Shad is so angry is because CB really made this
into a clash of god knows what. I mean for gods sake, he went to the toilet
for like xxx times before the match, and their team played os much as if
there actually was any prize money(had they played painkiller I think
even voo or fat would be afraid of em)). But heck I wont complain,
know why? Cuz i got us into this mess, and I wont give up before I
give it my all, cuz thats how we always played, and gods willing thats
how we'll always play. It's not over till the fat man sings. I kinda
agree with shad that this was a bit too much like a soap opera, thats
why I refrained from posting earlier, since I knew I'd have written
something that would on the end turn into an argument. As far as C-C vs
GpW is concerned, well we sucked, and gave in at the end, so GG C-C, if
you're willing to put so much effort in JJ2 u deserved to win. Our
warteam on the other hand was very busy with school, or other goals in
life(u'd be surprised how industrious keleet is...). Plus we couldn't
have fought C-C on a worse level, NA was just the level we hated the
most and still do.
After the C-C match I reacted rather swiftly(should have done this
earlier...), replacin myself as GL and putting SJ(vivando) in my
stead. Why? Simply cuz I believe the GL should be active, cuz he owes
it to the active part of the clan. One thing is for sure though, we
had a bad start, but as I said, we can only get better, at least we'll
go down like lions in battle, rather than cravens watching the battle
from afar. Uhm just one more thing, I would like to admit, ; I've not judged correctly the readiness of the GpW warteam before jj2wc2. Our form wasn't on the level of last years competition and for that I have only myself to blame.
The imperial march might have begun, but still, ours is the fury, hear
us roar!!!!

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

JCF Member

Superjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHART

Apr 11, 2005, 06:22 AM
We have become a lot weaker since last jj2wc-season. Nowadays we cannot even wash JSZ 40-1 like we did last season. And I really expected more like a close game of the match with C-C but we lost our powers and everything. Although I don't really hate any levels atm so much I would mind playing in one, still this mappool isn't really my favor for a competition.
Well, you can take this as a complaint but it admits mostly to Urbs' reply.

So, I say this to you teammates, after you've done all important...homework/school, most exams, stuff...Please, likely spend a while with jj2 to train yourself and make the warteam better, especially with better teamwork. I am going to do so as well. Well, I also doubt we will hardly even qualify to knock-out this season, but hopefully we could do better at the next season, if there will be one and if we have enough motivated/non-busy people to play at all and if Shadow will let us play once again. It would feel weird if he's suddenly hating jj2 so much he doesn't even let his other clanmates play. At least I see no reason why we shouldn't play.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Apr 11, 2005, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGPW
rotfl no man i just dont want clan members to flame each other during the match and that they have to show up before a match.
You said something else.
Gr33n Pl4nt

JCF Member

Gr33n Pl4nt is doing well so far

Apr 11, 2005, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjazz
.........but we lost our powers and everything.
Power rangers

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Apr 11, 2005, 10:13 AM
The GpW lion still roars.
Nielsje

JCF Member

Nielsje is doing well so far

Apr 11, 2005, 01:15 PM
Pageclaim.
Chiyu

JCF member

Chiyu has disabled reputation

Apr 17, 2005, 08:52 AM
Cracco Clan vs. VerSus

Date: 17 April 2005
Score: 13 - 4
Gamemode: Capture The Flag
Rounds: 2

Round 1:
Host: ChippieBW [Si]
Blue Team: Chiyu ÇC - Grytolle ÇC - Vegito ÇC
Red Team: Sasik VS - Sylver VS - CrushWurst VS
Level: Jungle's Edge
Score: 8 for blue, 2 for red

Round 2:
Host: ChippieBW [Si]
Blue Team: Sasik VS - Sylver VS - CrushWurst VS
Red Team: Chiyu ÇC - Grytolle ÇC - Yasco ÇC
Level: Jungle's Edge
Score: 2 for blue, 5 for red

Comments by Grytolle will be posted soon.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Apr 17, 2005, 08:55 AM
Round I: Vegito played, and luckily his teamchat worked today, which made it possible for us to play really good. VS got 2 points. One because I was RTS1 and just had killed both enemies, and screamed "NOW!!!", which resulted in both my teammates going for the kill . And one VS point was because of me getting a 3hk.

Round II: Me and Chiyu continued playing very well. But Yasco had some technical problems so he couldnt teamchat enough, which resulted in a few scores still it wasnt a close race.

Overall, GG! GJ team, and ofcourse some credits go to Anakin and Squirrel for training a lot.

Lastly, I would like to second what Chip said in half time. "ÇC will have to do a bloodtest after this."

JCF Member

Apr 17, 2005, 09:24 AM
Chippie beats Gry sooo much when it comes to match reporting. And no, you can't disagree Gry.

JCF Member

Sasik is doing well so far

Apr 17, 2005, 09:42 AM
Well, Congratulation.
We haven't trained lately at all, you are much more active than we, so you won. I've played first time with Sylver & Crush together since many, many months ;P
I think we could beat you, if we would train 3v3 but we didn't =P Also, not everything was fair, and you were quite lucky, but I won't complain, I will say just 'gg'.

Last edited by Sasik; Apr 17, 2005 at 11:05 AM.

JCF Member

Apr 17, 2005, 10:27 AM
Correct, you had a fb ;P
GG.
@WR: er? ;P My recordings look better tho ;D

Last edited by Grytolle; Apr 17, 2005 at 11:26 AM.

JCF Member

Anakin[CC] is doing well so far

Apr 17, 2005, 12:44 PM
GG :P JSZ is next, please show up !

JCF Member

Apr 17, 2005, 02:35 PM
Legends Reborn vs. Total Freaks

Hey, hey, another match report by me! As promised (although it's a bit very late) here are the match reports from Legends Reborn versus the Total Freaks, the match which was played last Friday. Ah well, let's start, shall we?

Anyway, at first I wasn't actually going to report this match at all but I was kind of bored (parents away, no friends at home, so I was kinda alone at home) so I joined the pre-game server hosted by Grytolle and I asked (really) if I could do the logging for this one. Of course this was really appreciated, so I got in. Surprisingly, this match started on a decent time: TF was already fully present 10 minutes before the match started! If their results are as good as their timing for this match, they'll pass the group round easily. Anyway, time to start the match…

Round 1
LR = Bspaz, Cruk, Puffie40 (red)
TF = Unhit, Enigma, White Rabbit (blue)

Grytolle decided to do the time recording for this round, so don't blame me if the times are a bit unsharp. Anyway, the match server went up ten minutes before the actual starting time, but thanks to lots of "brb, toilet" and "phone" it took 10 minutes before the actual game could start.

The game started quite good. Both teams were playing very accurate, and flag losses were kept low to the minimum. Both teams played quite defensive, and first 3 minutes went by without scoring. Then, during the fourth minute, LR surprisingly broke open the match with two quick goals by Cruk and Bspaz. After these goals, TF desperately asked for a small time-out, mainly because of lag. The next minutes went by very confusing (Grytolle went brb, and no-one actually knew what to do) but after about 4 minutes, the host returned and the game went on with less lag (maybe that was thanks to me realizing I had three P2P-programmes on, sorry for that) After the time-out, I didn't take long before LR managed to score a third goal by Cruk, and many chances followed without goals. Just before halftime of round 1, LR pulled another one off, thanks to Bspaz again. After 10 minutes of playtime, the score was 4-0 in advantage of LR, breaking all expectations.
For a moment it seemed that the flame of TF was going to die a silent death, but around minute 12, Enigma made the opening goal for TF. A few minutes later, Unhit even managed o make 4-2. Just when it seemed like the match could become quite exciting after all, LR added another goal, thanks to Cruk again. The round seemed to be played for a long time, but during the last 40 seconds Bspaz scored another goal for LR and Enigma did this for TF, about 8 seconds before the end.

Results: 6-3 for Legends Reborn

Round 2

LR = Bspaz, Cruk, Puffie40 (blue)
TF = Unhit, Enigma, White Rabbit (red)

Grytolle and me decided to make a small change in the tasks for this match, because (in my honest opinion, of course) the time recording during round 1 wasn't very accurate (was the duration of the time-out 2 minutes? Or 5) so I searched for my stopwatch and we decided to both keep time.

The second round of this match started without much trouble, the only thing that occurred was a time-out of Puffie40 but it didn't really matter after all. The round started at exactly 18:32 GMT, which was 8 minutes after the end of round 1. The match started quite calm again and both teams were playing very defensive. In contrary to round 1, the opening goal wasn't made by someone from LR – it was Enigma again who opened the round by scoring 1-0 for TF, around 3:10. After that, many minues of silence followed due to very defensive play on both sides. The end of this equilibrium came around minute 9, when Cruk scored the first one for LR. The halfway mark passed by, and the total score was 7-4. Thanks to good work of Cruk, LR managed to score 2-1 around minute 11, but this would be also the last goal for LR in the match – however they didn't know it by then. After this goal, I guess TF started to realize what a loss would mean for them and so they started to play much more on the attack. And with results: White Rabbit scored his first goal in this match at 12:20, and Unhit made 3-2 for TF at 14:15. Many minutes of silence followed after this, and it seemed like the game was over and played.
Then suddenly, in the beginning of the 20th minute, Enigma scored again for TF! The total score was 8-7 for LR at that moment, so if TF would manage to score again they would end the game with a tie, which is of course better than a loss. However, LR kept defending their base very well and TF saw no way to score.

Round Results: 4-2 for Total Freaks

Comments by Chips:

"Every round has one match which doesn't seem really interesting in advance. In my opinion, TF vs. LR would be the 'anti-Match of the week' this time. However, it turned out to be a quite nice match after all. The teams were about equal, which resulted in a nice game which became better to watch every minute. The last minute even contained a cliff-hanger which I didn't see in any match of this season before! LR played really good in comparison with earlier matches, and TF, well, they did their best, but I guess their best wasn't simply good enough."

Final Score: 8-7 for Legends Reborn

Top Scorers

LR
Cruk (5x)
Bspaz (3x)

TF
Enigma (4x)
Unhit (2x)
White Rabbit (1x)

©2004-2005 JJ2WC (http://jj2wc.ncmv.net/ )

Free for distribution purposes.

Cracco Clan vs. VerSus
Because I was too lazy to write a whole report for ÇC vs. VS, I'll just stick to a short match-commentary by myself for this one. And I made some screenies too at the end of each round, so let them speak for me…

Comments by Chips:
"I heard ÇC say before this match that it would become one of great importance to them. Although I doubt that is true (I don't think JSZ would become a real thread for them and FoR has FoRfeited the first match and I don't know for sure if they'll show up in later matches) this match would certainly be a good one in ÇC's poule. Both clans are in a really good shape recently, and VS has very well shaken off it's image of 'Polish n00b clan' over time. Before the match started, I didn't really expect a really spectacular match and a semi-easy victory for ÇC. During the match, I saw that my expectations were coming true and that ÇC was going to win from VS without much trouble. However, at the end the ÇC members complained that they sucked during the match! I didn't really notice that, because the game went quite smoothly for the Cracco's. However, such statements indicate that ÇC is becoming an overwhelming power force in JJ2 and that they are getting seen as finalist clan more and more. As they like to say, the 'Imperial march' has really begun and it'll take much power from big guys (read: DM) to stop it. To be continued."

Last edited by Nielsje; Apr 19, 2005 at 10:51 AM. Reason: DarkSonic reads more careful than all of you

JCF Member

Apr 17, 2005, 03:17 PM
Hehe, you are the best reporter without doubt chip =)

JCF member

Apr 17, 2005, 03:24 PM
Agreed.

JCF Member

Apr 18, 2005, 12:13 AM
Chip, ÇC needs to win all matches so we don't risk a knockout against DM in semi-finals. Eventhough [si] is a strong clan we still prefer semi-finals against them before against DM. Anyways, that is why our match vs. VS was very important to us.

Ohyes, and in that timeout during TF vs LR I removed like 1 GB of music to lessen the lag

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Apr 18, 2005, 07:51 AM
i'm farting to much

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends

JCF Member

Apr 18, 2005, 09:41 AM
Foo, we SOO did not do our best. ;P

JCF Member

DarkSonic is doing well so far

Apr 19, 2005, 10:22 AM
One comment on your long post, Chip :
You said it was 8-7 for Total Freaks but, of course it has to be Legends Reborn. Hehe. =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Jarno View Post
What is Distopia
Nielsje

JCF Member

Apr 19, 2005, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSonic
One comment on your long post, Chip :
You said it was 8-7 for Total Freaks but, of course it has to be Legends Reborn. Hehe. =P
Fixed
$tilettø

JCF member

$tilettø has disabled reputation

Apr 19, 2005, 11:00 PM
i dunno why tf still play this game only ruining a good reputation imo same with gpw -_-

JCF Member

Apr 20, 2005, 03:47 AM
Would say that worse reputation is quitting this game for no reason than playing it still...doh.

JCF Member

Apr 20, 2005, 09:22 AM
Right SJ.

JCF Member

Apr 24, 2005, 11:55 AM
Thumbs up VerSus vs. Gurus of proactive Warfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit
Chippie beats Gry sooo much when it comes to match reporting. And no, you can't disagree Gry.
Ohyeah?! Well, maybe you are right... But I'll do my best to prove you wrong. Here follows the report for the JJ2WCII match:

VerSus vs. Gurus of proactive Warfare
ChippeBW was supposed to host this clanwar from the beginning, but when I joined the pregame-server, it appeared that R3ptile hadn't managed to get a host, or perhaps that he hadn't informed Chip about the changes in the hosting-schedule (same thing with the match I was supposed to host this weekend, LB vs. DM). Anyways, the game started pretty much on the scheduled time, though Messiah joined the pregame a little too late. When all players, including R3ptile had joined the server, the lineups were as follows:

Round I
[GpW]Urbs, Messiah[GpW] and V!V@ND0[GpW]
CloudVS, Sasik[VS] and Nunez VS

Sooner or later the game started off, today with a host equipped with a stopwatch. No scores came immidiatly. It took until 1:27 (min:sec) 'til the first score was made, for VS, by Sasik. VS didn't manage to seriously alter the game-balance, though, so the game kept going without any scores, a few E-kills but no real chances.

At 3:47 a spambug (no, I won't call it flagbug, that is what happens when you die at base) occured, I was too sloppy to note for whom, but the player rejoined and I counted off again.

Only a few seconds after the game had begun, once again, the next score was done, this time by Nunez. Cloud was ready at GpW's base. and thus managed to get the flag immidiatly after Nunez had scored, so Sasik and Nunez had an easy time defending base the short time needed (already at 4:35 this was scored) for Cloud to run through the level and score and thus making the total score 3-0 for VS.

The game went on smoothly for a while, with one major chance for GpW, through Messiah, to score, where it took about 3 seconds for VS to recapture. At 7:02 Messiah had to rejoin, due to another Spambug (this is a level-bug, according to the players at the time in my server). And not too soon after (7:43) Sasik scored 4-0 for VS, but the game remained relatively stabile, and it took until 9:03 for the next score to come, once again by Sasik. VS defended their base well, and Cloud quickly followed with another score at 09:53, making the total score 6-0. Things were indeed looking dark for the Gurus, that seem to have fallen behind a lot since last season where they managed to get to playoffs.

However, the Gurus are still a good clan, and never give up without a fight. They struggled on bravely and a few minutes later (at 11:00) Messiah made his first score ever in JJ2WC, litting new hope for GpW. Urbs and Messiah managed to keep the upper hand long enough for Vivando to make the score 6-2 at 11:50.

At 12:25 the game had to stop for a while, since Urbs got stuck at start and Nunez had to answer his phone. I counted off and the game was on again for about a minute (actually at 13:05), when Vivando had to answer his phone (keep them turned off (-)(-)(-), or let your parents take the call! ).

Almost exactly one minute after the game had started off again (14:03) Nunez scored for VS and 16 seconds later R3ptile left the server saying he would be back about 30 minutes later. Four seconds after that, at 16:23, one player from each team got stuck at their starting positions and had to rejoin.

The whole period between 14:03, when Nunez had scored, and 17:03, where he scored again was very hectical but noone managed to get the upper hand and score. As I mentioned, though, Nunez did score at 17:03 making the score 8-2. And at 18:15 Sasik scored another point for VS followed by a counter-strike by Urbs, evening the score out a little to 9-3, at 19:29. And a at 19:36 Messiah completed the score, making it 9-4 at 19:36, whereafter the game was stopped for a few seconds (someone had to brb or something... whatever! ), and the last 20 seconds passed after another count-off.

Top Scorers, round I:
1. Sasik[VS] with 4 scores.
2. Nunez VS with 3 scores.
3. Messiah[GpW] with 2 scores.
3. CloudVS with 2 scores.
4. SuperJazz aka. V!V@ND0[GpW] with 1 score.
4. [GpW]Urbs with 1 score.

Screenshots:
Right before the start of round I

Round II
Nunez VS, Sasik[VS] and CloudVS
[GpW]Urbs, SuperJazz[GpW] and Messiah[GpW]

Round II started off in R3ptile's absence a little later than I had hoped, since lots of people had to "go"...

However, I counted off and a fast first score was done, opening the round, by Sasik at 00:35 quickly followed by another score by Cloud, due to a flagbug. The score was counted though, in the name of justice, since Messiah had done the same somewhere in round I.

At 1:39 Urbs got stuck so the game paused, and I suspect that GpW took the opportunity of discussing some tactics, slash giving some orders, because shortly after the game had started again (at 2:02), SuperJazz (yes, he changed nick in the pause ), scored 2-1. Which was quickly followed by a nice comeback for VS, through Sasik, increasing VS's lead to 12-5 in total. Nunez rapidly scored another point at 2:54.

The game stabilized itself for a while and the time passed until 5:10, when Cloud scored 5-1 for VS, thus making the total score 14-5. And once again VS proved their good teamwork by letting another score be made shortly after, this time by Sasik (time: 05:30).

After this followed a short period of more lag than before, where people complained about a few 3hk's et cetera. Luckliy none of those had any particuliar impact on the outcome af the game, since no scores were made, so I stopped the game for a while, to remove som lag by setting a higher process priority for Jazz2.exe, which seemed to have done its job well, becasue after that noone complained about lag again. This, however, made my Cataclysm stopping to work fully, so I had to move away from the base I was spectating from down to a more... not-in-action sort of area, since I seemed to spontaneoulsy attract seekers from the red team.

After the two minutes of pause, I counted off again and 6 seconds later, at 06:50, Nunez scored 7-1 (roundscore), quickly followed by a nice comeback by Messiah making the roundscore 7-2 at 07:29. However, Sasik made a comeback on the comeback( ) at 07:47, regaining the lead by 11 points.

Overall, this period of the game was very hectical and very nice to spectate. There was lots of scores and both teams seemed to play an entertaining, offensive game.

About a minute after Sasik's latest score, at 08:50, Nunez made another one that was quickly followed by a comeback for GpW, by Superjazz, making the roundscore 10-3. However, it took but 1 minute for Sasik to reply at 10:36, and 20 seconds later another score, by Nunez followed making the total score 21-7, in other words a lead by 14 points for VS.

An, under the conditions, long period of pointlessness (never mind correcting me, you know it is possible to say it that way ) followed, until Nunez scored again at 12:42. Superjazz scored at 13:24 and Urbs at 15:02, proving that there still be some strength in the Gurus. Anyways, Sasik quickly replied at 15:20, making the roundscore 14-5.

At 16:00, sharp, R3ptile entered the server to check how much time that was left (the pregame for GpW vs. FoR was already up!) and disappeared again quickly after. At 16:12 Sasik got a Spambug and had to rejoin and shortly after Sasik, the same one(!!), scored 15-5 at 16:40. Nunez quickly scored another point at 17:03, making the score 16-5. But after that something quite, under the circumstances, unexpected happened... GpW made 3 scores in a row, and hadn't the lead been so overwhelming, or the time so short, I would have started to believe GpW were gonna manage to make an amazing comeback and win the game, because it really did look promising when Messiah scored 16-6 at 17:40, Superjazz 16-7 at 18:45 and Messiah (he did well today =O) at 19:12, making the roundscore 16-8 and the total score 25-12. However, GpW ran out of time, and VS managed to regain the upper hand and Sasik completed the, not totally expected, victory at 19:50, making the final roundscore 17-8 and the total score 26-12. (I needen't say that the last 10 seconds passed without any real action, now do I? )

Top Scorers, round II:
1. Sasik[VS] with 8 scores.
2. Nunez VS with 7 scores.
3. Superjazz[GpW] with 4 scores.
4. Messiah[GpW] with 3 scores.
5. CloudVS with 2 scores.
6. [GpW]Urbs with 1 score.

Screenshots:
The start of round II

End of the game

Top Scorers, the entire game
1. Sasik[VS] with 12 scores.
2. Nunez VS with 10 scores.
3. Messiah[GpW] with 5 scores.
3. SuperJazz aka. V!V@ND0[GpW] with 5 scores.
4. CloudVS with 4 scores.
5. [GpW]Urbs with 2 scores.

Closing comments:
Thus ended the JJ2WCII-match between the polish noob-clan VerSus ( ) and the oldest, or second oldest, noone really seem to know the truth, clan on jj2 - the Gurus of proactive Warfare. It might appear that this would be the end of an era, but judging from GpW's performaces against FoR later the same evening, the question what clans are the best seems to have to remain unanswered. Good game.

Last edited by Grytolle; Apr 25, 2005 at 01:37 AM.
Nielsje

JCF Member

Apr 24, 2005, 12:10 PM
gg no re.

By the way, I did inform R3ptile about the fact that I was gone (I believe I did that Tuesday already) and I won't be able to host/comment matches from the fifth round anyway.

JCF Member

Sasik is doing well so far

Apr 24, 2005, 01:15 PM
We pwned GpW & Gry pwned Chip XD
gg.

JCF Member

Apr 26, 2005, 07:25 AM
Nah, Chippie pwns Gry. Gry's comments are sterile, uninspired, hardly exciting and he mentions so many boring stuff. Yawn.

This is the best Grytolle commentary ever!!!!!

I'm sry to hear about GpW's loss...
R3ptile

Banned

R3ptile is doing well so far

Apr 26, 2005, 07:42 AM
By the way, you aren't supposed mention stuff like "R3ptile suddenly disappeared" or "collecting ammo took ages" in your reports.

Last edited by R3ptile; Apr 26, 2005 at 07:53 AM.

JCF Member

Apr 26, 2005, 09:02 AM
Why not?
Everyone cares about you, you know They wanna hear it

EDIT: Do all the reports by yourself then

Banned

Apr 26, 2005, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grytolle
Do all the reports by yourself then :7
Nah, that's the cup admins' job ;)

Last edited by R3ptile; Apr 26, 2005 at 09:36 AM.

JCF Member

Apr 26, 2005, 12:20 PM
My point exactly ;-D

JCF Member

Gr33n Pl4nt is doing well so far

Apr 26, 2005, 02:41 PM
Inactivity, idling, sleeping owns jj2

JCF Member

May 10, 2005, 02:02 PM
Cracco Clan vs. Legendary Blades

The second semi-finals, of the second season of JJ2WC. How nice. This match would be played between LB (who did a surprising good job by defeating clans like [si] in the group round, thus placing itself in the semi-finals) and C'C, the Cracco's, who are on their way to the final part of their "Imperial March". Anyway, it's time to start off with this report…

First about the pregame, as usual. About 25 minutes before the actual game time I launched the pregame server, with the level "Security Breach v2" by BlurredD as war map (the same map as DM vs. VS) One by one, the players entered the server and a few minutes before 18:00 GMT everyone was gathered, including the supervisor for this match, R3ptile. Thanks to the fact that everyone was in before time, the match could begin a little earlier.

Round 1
LB = Shaney, Master Sven, IronLight (red)
C'C = Anakin, Yasco, Chiyu (blue)

It took however a while before everyone was in place. Many wrong joiners and unclearness about who would play for C'C (alright, it was also a bit my fault…) and several disputes between C'C and LB members (mostly in Dutch, so I could actually post it here without getting it removed probably ) the game could finally begin at 18:09, after several warnings by the cupadmin and supervisor.
R3ptile wanred my several times to not ask who scored during the match, but insubordinate as I am (hehe) I asked it anyway, and most of the time I got response, although I couldn't identify every single one of the many goals. Indeed, "many". This game turned real soon into a complete fragfest for both clans, because both clans decided to work with an offensive strategy (C'C probably mainly because they didn't see any thread from their enemy so they could play pretty offensive, and LB because… well, just because they're LB)

The first minute went by pretty balanced, however Chiyu opened the game pretty quickly with a goal after 58 seconds of playtime. Yasco then again scored 2-0 at 1.35, and another one at 2.30, quickly followed by Anakin's first goal at 2.55. It already started to look like the Cracco's would rage over the Blades like a rhino over a cream pie, but the game seemed to stabilize for a while. Then again, Chiyu and Anakin scored their second goal at 5.00 and 5.15, making the total already 6-0 in advance of the Cracco's. A while later, the only goals of LB were scored: two quick ones by IronLight. After that, C'C quickly reformed and they started to continue their offensive albeit alert strategy. This neat combination resulted in a goal by Yasco at 7.20, followed by a hattrick of Chiyu (7.35 – 8.01 – 8.44, and even a fourth one at 9.10) C'C seemed to be unstoppable because Yasco and Chiyu scored AGAIN even before halftime, making it 13-2. I started to wonder and realise that this could actually become the first match with a victory before endtime. Thanks to another goal from Yasco at 10.15, this feeling even got stronger. Chiyu scored another one at 11.27, but from then the game became quite stable again (if you can call 15-2 "stable") Anyway, the next C'C goals came at 14.04 and 14.42, scored by Yasco and Chiyu again.

Then, the trouble started. It happened very fast, so I couldn't completely follow it myself (I was too busy writing all the goals of C'C down, to be honest) but for some reason Chiyu managed to stuck himself around 15.30 and the game was paused. According to the rules of JJ2WC, players can't move in a paused situation except when it's really necessary. Master Sven of LB however moved on so Shaney asked him polite on teamchat to stop moving. R3ptile, the supervisor, didn’t get this completely and asked in public "Who was moving?" Shaney answered too quickly and, probably accidentally, used to word "idiot" in his answer to R3ptile, thus insulting the supervisor. R3ptile asked him to apologize a few times, and Shaney agreed to do this directly after the match, which seems a logical solution (Chiyu even confirmed he said "I do apologize" during the actual match) The match went on, but R3ptile wasn't satisfied with this so he decided to abort the match at 16.20, giving C'C a forfeit win with 20-2. After this, serious fights started inside the server (mostly in Dutch again) first against Shaney's stupidity, but later on also about the supervisor and between the two clans. R3ptile wanted to start the second round (I was unable to host the second round) but LB wasn't able to find a third player because Shaney was kicked.

The results? LB left the tournament, and a few minutes later the staff of LB decided to shut down to whole clan. Most of the LB members already decided to move over to C'C and some stopped. C'C leaves this match with mixed feelings: happy because of the fact that they reached the finals and unhappy about the way how they did this. LB is dead, and DM automatically wins the third place in JJ2WC2. Congratulations.

Match comments by players:
Shaney: "This is a sad day for our clan. Not only we lost the first round of the match due to a forfeit loss, but because of this the clan is unable to stay alive any longer. This is already the third time R3ptile gives us something like this: in the first match Saddam was banned because R3p thought he was Vegito, although it later appeared he wasn't a faker. We would have won that match, but now it was an equal score. Later, a match was postponed 30 minutes because [si] didn't show up although we should have won by forfeit. And now this! This season is tinted with power abuse. We don't really care about a loss from C'C, but in this way, we lost without honour."

Chiyu: "I have mixed feelings about this victory. Of course it's logical that you don't insult a supervisor during a match, but Shaney offered to apologize after the match. The way things went during this match wasn't smooth and especially if you look at the things that happened with LB before during this JJ2WC it's sad that they leave the tournament like this. I'm happy that C'C can advance to the finals, but it was definitely a victory with a bitter taste."

ChippieBW: "This is surely a black day in the history books of JJ2WC. While all the group matches went smoothly and without any major problems (except some logical forfeit losses and some lag) this is truly an embarrassing match for the whole JJ2WC organization. Sure, it was stupid to say "idiot" to a supervisor but I don't think a match should be cancelled directly. It shows that such a tournament can be based on emotional reactions, which it shouldn’t be. It's sad that it happened to LB again, and that the clan is now dead because of it. I already expected C'C to fight VS finals, but not this way."

Results: 17-2 for Cracco Clan, due to a forfeit loss raised to 20-2.

Top Scorers

C'C
Chiyu (9x)
Yasco (6x)
Anakin (2x)

LB
IronLight (2x)

Last edited by Nielsje; May 10, 2005 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Because mao is communist
Chiyu

JCF member

May 10, 2005, 03:03 PM
Unhappy

Hmmm... Although we weren't using our best SBv2 team, we did pretty well (hooray I'm topscorer ;D). I admit that we already expected to win this clanwar, but I didn't expect this.

I'm disappointed. Chippie has pretty much summed up my thoughts about this. Sure, LB wasn't the most popular clan around but they were one of the oldest (I believe right after CÇ and GpW) and it sucks to see them disolve because of this. Although I can completely understand and respect their decision. 'Tis a black day in the history books of JJ2WC indeed.

Congrats to DM for getting the third place I guess... But even a bigger congratulation for the Legendary Blades, one of the underdogs of the tournament that made it all the way to the semi-finals with all odds against them and still get the fourth place on JJ2WCII.

Last edited by Chiyu; May 10, 2005 at 03:14 PM.
R3ptile

Banned

May 11, 2005, 01:26 AM
Shaney's comment: [si] didn't show up? Wow dude that's a lie. You weren't even presented in that match, don't make up things now.

Chippie's comment: Trust me, in other cups like Clanbase, CAL and GGL, Shaney would most likely get banned forever after attacking a cup admin (or in this case the supervisior, which is even worse). "A black day"? You're too dramatic man, such things always happen in online tournaments, and however the match was very one-sided assuming LB didn't use their best lineup.

Cursing and flaming are not acceptable. If I were Shaney, I would apologize and stay quiet after his abusive behavior.

Last edited by R3ptile; May 11, 2005 at 01:50 AM.
SkulL

JCF Member

SkulL is doing well so far

May 11, 2005, 02:04 AM
I have a thing to say about this as well, although you may think I'm not involved but since this is JJ2WC related thing.

Chippie: R3ptile is right,and I agree with him, I might not know so much about online pro cups like he does but flaming a cupadmin?! the one who does that must have some big nuts over there, Besides, R3p has done fair judgement of shaney.

and Shaney you asked me to ban Spybunny? are you sure he's the one deserve to be banned or you are? I find your attiude very rude,please apologize.

JCF Member

Enigma is an asset to this forum

May 11, 2005, 02:44 AM
Geez, people. Less hatred, more love. This is just a game, remember? Lots of people participating in this tournament have seemed so nervous and touchy for its duration. Calm down a bit, will you?

JCF Member

[GpW]Urbs is an asset to this forum

May 11, 2005, 04:37 AM
Ehh well, as usual there is more ways to view at the matter at hand. I gues shaney should have apologized, and if he did, reptile should have forgiven him and let him play.... But heck, I gues the perfect scenario never works now does it?

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

JCF Member

May 11, 2005, 05:29 AM
Not a really wise idea to flame someone who has created something to give yourself honor, Shaney. I mean that Rep mainly created JJ2wc after Ins0mnia got tired on the idea and as the whole tournament has given a couple of victories for Shaney's clan and all, why did Shaney begin a personal attack against Rep. However, I wonder that if Shaney already apologized, then what was still wrong there he couldn't continue playing?

Something additional I even remember LB was about to challenge GpW into a clanwar but as GpW itself is already half-dead and LB 100% dead due to the things at their last match, this match will surely not be played, duh. Although I don't find a cw necessary atm.