Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

A new jj.net admin: Yes or no?

View Poll Results: Would you want a new jj.net admin?
Yes,that'd be nice 18 58.06%
No,that'd be awful,keep the CC crew!!!1one 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

spaceboy

Banned

spaceboy is doing well so far

Feb 5, 2011, 12:50 PM
w00t, I am by far the best option here.

JCF Member

Jgke is an asset to this forumJgke is an asset to this forum

Feb 5, 2011, 12:58 PM
I am not?
Anubis

JCF Member

Anubis is doing well so far

Feb 5, 2011, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
I am not?
Friend of DZ DIE@@@@@@@@@@
Old Feb 5, 2011, 01:04 PM
Jgke
This message has been deleted by Jgke. Reason: Aah, delete time.
spaceboy

Banned

Feb 5, 2011, 01:13 PM
DZ has no friends.

JCF Member

Skele! is doing well so far

Feb 5, 2011, 02:02 PM
I want an admin that's not in CC.
Vote GpW XD

JCF Member

Lithium is an asset to this forum

Feb 5, 2011, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grytolle View Post
Toni: DanZeal is a grown man. He's way too mature to ban people from ZD because of a thread like this. (We won't ban anyone from jj.net for this either).

Possible candidates imo:

clanless: cooba
GpW: Lithium, Urbs
CDF: Treylina
id): FireSword
BRFH: r3p

Lithium and cooba are the best options imo (Urbs isn't interested)

(I did look at Y's and Cpt's member lists too)
yay

Toni,GpW is currently the oldest clan

Anyway,if we're going to choose a new admin,we should do that. This isn't a "rebellion",though I like to call it "the cause of the Resistance". Ignore my phrases.

JCF Member

Laro24 is doing well so far

Feb 5, 2011, 02:39 PM
Firesword and Cooba barely checks the jj2.net.(correct me if im wrong) I think Lith or r3p would do nicely. :P

JCF Member

Enigma is an asset to this forum

Feb 5, 2011, 02:59 PM
This is probably going to sound like a silly question, but... how exactly is CC abusing this supposed monopoly of power? I mean, are they cheating? Are they helping themselves or other clans getting undeserved wins somehow? What is your actual reasoning for complaining about this besides the number of CC admins? I don't agree with every decision they make, but they don't seem blatantly biased for or against anyone.

And I don't mean to sound depressing or anything, but... websites and servers don't really fall under the same rules that a government does. They are not subject to democracy and the people who pay for them can decide to run things on them in the way they think is best. There is no good reason why the number of admins should be distributed evenly accross clans if the current admins aren't biased. If you think DZ only picks his friends for the admin positions... well, ask yourself this question: would you make a person you don't trust an admin on a server or website you're running?

JCF Member

Feb 5, 2011, 03:04 PM
If I would give random amounts of money for a server I would do what's the best for the majority,not just for me. If I have gathered a number of players visiting my server and my server gets really really popular,I'd just hand over the control to good players,those who are always ready to help. Why would I keep unpopular admins or be accused of being biased when I can help my players? In other games they'd just leave the server,but this is JJ2 with only a small amount of servers and DZ still holds the monopoly. Still,if I was on his place,I'd act like I stated above.

Banned

Feb 5, 2011, 03:18 PM
Yep, what do JCS'ers like FS and Cooba have to do with the competitive JJ2 scene?
No offense just stating the obvious (FS was actually very active at some point and btw a great player, but that was such a long time ago)..

Also Hunter made me lol with "I support the Lithium part" (the only reason you made that post, right?).
Old Feb 5, 2011, 03:21 PM
cooba
This message has been deleted by cooba.
spaceboy

Banned

Feb 5, 2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivo View Post
Actually, not being too attached to competitive play means being more objective.
Technically it just means being useless
spaceboy

Banned

Feb 5, 2011, 03:35 PM
Personal emotions are the only reason that some of you guys keep denying that I'd be the best admin ever and keep claiming that X and Y would be more suitable.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 03:39 PM
cooba
This message has been deleted by cooba.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 03:39 PM
spaceboy
This message has been deleted by spaceboy.
spaceboy

Banned

Feb 5, 2011, 03:49 PM
It's beyond words how you pop up out of nowhere each time only to argue with me and then disappear again.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Feb 5, 2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
It's beyond words how you pop up out of nowhere each time only to argue with me and then disappear again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
COOBA/FQUIST/STIJN/RANDOM JCF USER IS EVIL AND BIASED AGAINST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spaceboy

Banned

Feb 5, 2011, 03:54 PM
Well I have some history with Hunter that actually proves it.

P.S. I am the most evil person on the board and is biased against everyone.

P.S.2 I am just saying that I deserve to have my e-cock sucked, not that I'd like to become an admin myself.

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Feb 5, 2011, 08:34 PM
During the time of ClanBase we always selected the crew of their neutrality, not of friendship/clans and nation etc. This to prevent biasedness, so if you look it from that prespective; It's quite insane that CC has a lot of power @ JJ.net. So I blunty do understand the complains about above. (am actually little suprised about it, I never knew!)

So if you do care about the community, always listen to them and try to reorganize and review your ideas. A lesson I've learned over the years is that critism doesn't have to be negative. No, you are human and you learn.

I understand that the problem that JJ has, is ofcourse the size of it. It's a pretty small community, so the chances that you see a lot from the same clan in the same tournament concept is big.

But always TRY to spread your resources and man power. It prevents these kind of topics and the question ''what if..?'' or "but they have...?"

Also you really should redesign the ladder in overal, that it's based on skill then instead based of activity. Currently losing doesn't matter at all, because you don't get some penality in points or able to play. So clans that have for some reason less time to play (or are just small), they are always the loser No-matter-what..

This also creates the reason why people are like; ''ok we lose, care.... we will prolly win from a less skilled clan below us and even the score without a problem." It extra creates the feeling, this crew is biased with the rules. Because the rules favors them.

This is something you don't want to create in a competitive atmosphere. So I suggest review in what you have and listen to the community. Otherwise you will just nail your own coffin.

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends

Last edited by ShadowGPW; Feb 5, 2011 at 08:57 PM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Feb 5, 2011, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
The admins of JJ.net ARE separated from the admins of jj.net.
It was around here that I stopped understanding this thread.

JCF Member

[GpW]Urbs is an asset to this forum

Feb 5, 2011, 11:04 PM
Same here UR

Fair points from a lot of people.

If you ask me, it looks like you guys might have to conceed another spot to another admin, not beacuse things would actually get better, but mainly cuz there is a popular support for it. Nobody will get hurt and things will go back to normal soon.

Unless there's something I don't understand about the whole JJnet and jjnet divide (which might well be).

Cuz in all truthfulness, since DZ seems to be paying for our fun, I can see how he, like Enigma had already previously stated, might be encouraged to surround himself with friends.

That being said:Best of luck Lith!

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

Last edited by [GpW]Urbs; Feb 6, 2011 at 02:03 AM.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Feb 6, 2011, 01:57 AM
Quote:
JCS'ers like (...) Cooba
I'm a J2O and JDC administrator, not a JCSer
Quote:
Actually, not being too attached to competitive play means being more objective
If by "more objective" you mean "no idea what they're talking about", I can agree. I'm as closely attached to the competitive scene as someone as virtually inactive as I can be. And I do check JJ.net quite regularly, thanks Laro.

As far as the "DZ decides" debacle goes, I fully understand that the Zeal network is DZ's effort (which I, and everyone, are very thankful for), but what JJ.net should be is a community effort, and if the community has worries about the state of the staff, it should be adressed.

The actual choice of a new admin shouldn't be done by democracy though.
spaceboy

Banned

Feb 6, 2011, 02:00 AM
..and yet izo got pwn3d again.

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
Why so? If the crew randomly picks another CCer or a guy who doesn't even care if he's an admin or not,everything we done here would be pointless. We need a guy with the support of the ACTIVE community (me )

Quote:
But the conditions set in the first post don't require said admin to be very active in game. It speaks of the Zeal servers which are something different from the site and are not necessarily maintained by JJnet admins.
But how come every jj.net admin is also a Zeal admin? Having a new jj.net-only admin is good too,but we also need someone to effectively deal with the problems in Zeals.

JCF Veteran

Feb 6, 2011, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
If the crew randomly picks another CCer or a guy who doesn't even care if he's an admin or not,everything we done here would be pointless.
No one from the staff has fully confirmed that a new admin will be hired - which means that this thread could as well be pointless even right now.

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 02:20 AM
Unfortunately that's also true

Banned

Feb 6, 2011, 02:21 AM
For those who haven't been involved with the clan scene, here's my usual guide, now adressed to those who'd like to become admins but have no clue what's going on:

CC - The champions of JJ2WC. Probably the biggest clan as well. They have a very strong leadership, but also a reputation of letting everyone who'd like to join in but never with a chance to become a warteam member, simply cuz their warteam is so fucking good.

CDF - The rebels. Mostly dutch players who had enough of being under Chiyu (the leader of CC)'s reigme, so they went to form their own clan.

GpW - Took the silver in JJ2WC. Almost as big as CC. Recently revived, arguably the oldest clantag in the game.

-t3> - Not the most active.. a small clan with oldies who pwn. They were 3rd JJ2WC.

BRFH - Another semi active clan with oldies who just pwn.. still even smaller than -t3> (BUT PWNS MORE ).

VS - Formerly one of the biggest clans.. they're still quite big in comparsion to the two above though, and most of their players are good. It's been this way for years: if you're polish + skilled, VS might be the perfect clan for you.

Y - The remaining members of RL that weren't banned due to cheating. Obviously not as good as RL, but still quite decent.

NF - Probably the nicest clan. Some pretty good players too. Not the best out there, but good.

Cpt. - Novice players.

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 02:23 AM
IMO the admin should be from GpW/CDF/clanless (also counting spaceboy)

Oh and just an edit. If the admin is clanless,he should be really active. Being a clanless admin also gets you more reports of being accused,since you can get to help a clan without most people noticing it

Last edited by Lithium; Feb 6, 2011 at 02:33 AM.

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 02:34 AM
Lith from what see you have pretty good chances either way. I'm sorry for not throwing in my full support behind you, but I've never really cared much for all of this admin stuff. Maybe I should, but I don't.

And even if we get a new admin, and even if it is Lith/Cooba/space, there will be some candidates who won't get a shot at it. It's a zero sum game. And the way I see it, it's not even a "game" where the end goal is some grand revolution or upheaval of the current system. Sure Toni has talked about a new ladder system being implemented (opponent quality), but at the end of the day the ladder will still mainly be about activity. It's not like the football leagues where you are forced to play every week.

Which might not be a bad idea actually, because I hate how you can just say no to a clanwar unless you occupy the 1st spot on the ladder. NF didn't have to accept the challenge from Yastogs, they accepted it cuz they're nice guys. But I digress.

Now although it might seem that there is public support for a new official and although I really wouldn't mind seeing a new admin (hell we might actually get one), it is up to the current board to decide. And no I'm not sure whether it's the JJ or the jj board.

Oh and on a sidenote: when you guys say there are only 3 CCers you forget DZ only left CC cuz Grytolle allowed it and Viv is actually part of the strategy CC division as well So there is a lot of you guys there.

But I think that isn't all that relevant, seeing as how you've never really abused your powers all that much. The occasional kick will always happen I guess (although that little ladder incident with tad and danika was sort of weird, yet supposedly no admin powers were used, nvm, water under the bridge).

If we postulate that a new admin is needed then we have to look at the 3 loudest candidates (yes it's all about being loud):
1. Lithium, who has always wanted it, but was usually in a clan that wasn't viewed upon too favourably by the rest of the community, but who is, by all standards a perfectly good candidate. Probably has the popular vote. He could also play the clan card, seeing as how this might be all viewed as an extension of clan politics. JJ2WC as opposed to the ladder boasted officials from all clans, not because of merit, but because of recipocity.Let's face it, merit has very little to do here. Yet even if we look at what an admin should be like, one can't find too many faults with Ron. Watch your comments though, he wanted to ban DL just cuz she was mentioning dupe a whole lot.
Female dupe ftw btw

2. Cooba, who has the experience, and who has always felt a bit left out by the jjnet establishment. Here is the chance to make ammends and jjnet-ers might like the idea of uniting the two communities where they get to still keep the upper hand as it was they who "promoted" cooba to his newfound status. Appealing also because of his experience. Popular vote very much against him, as he isn't from an active clan.

3.Spaceboy. Well he is impulsive and strongheaded. That is both his strength and weakness. The admins might not view it so much as a strength, although maybe they should. He is most definitely a guy who gets the job done. And let's face it, he has grown to be more mature through the years and lately only Kenny trully pisses him off. I think he lacks popular support and I'm pretty sure the admins don't want him in their midst. BRFH also doesn't (yet) represent a strong "political" backing to his cause. Unlike cooba he is an active player though. But unlike both of the above, he mainly just plays during the weekends. Although I personally wouldn't mind at all if rep were an admin, I think his chances are pretty low. Flaming DZ won't help I think Sorry rep, I know I'm not acting like a friend, but I don't think you'll be the new admin.

4. Enigma. He is from NF, and seeing as how my view is that this is just clan bickering, he doesn't stand a chance in hell to get elected. People basically want another clan up there. If we take rep's decision to allow each clan to be represented in his jj2wc team as a good decision, then picking enigma is a poor PR decision from the board. In fact this is basically an issue of trust. That's why people want "their own" to be at the "epicenter". Nobody wants to be left out.
But if you look at all the other credentials Enigma is definitely a top choice. But like I said, maybe this isn't so much about the personality as it is about trust. Kind of like the monetary system, without trust, this system loses all its value and power. Unlike the monetary system here you have DZ with real servers he can shut down at any time, so the analogy only goes so far.
Plus, knowing Enigma, he's not really looking for a promotion And that is probably his biggest drawback

The 1st two candidates are a close call in my opinion (or I might be wrong), but the other two aren't in contention IMO. Again, depends on how you understand the game that is being played. I'm pretty cynical myself

Realpolitik and Henry Kissinger ftw

Well ok, not really, sexy dupe trump Kissinger any day of the week.

And why is the word sex censored on jjnet, I ask you!?!? Whoever promises to uncensor it gets my vote. I want to say GJ sexies when my polish beauties, or the sexy Ana pwn in ladders!!!!

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 02:37 AM
I will uncensor it,just watch your Polish

Yay for the support,it's a nice post,Urbs. You'd also make a good admin,but you do not want it...

EDIT: You also didn't know I had an experience being an admin,I served as a mod on iR/RA forums,on a RP forum (by the way it wasn't run by JJ2 players,I gained my mod rights there pretty fair for being helpful) and I was shortly an admin in my friend's SAMP server.

Banned

Feb 6, 2011, 02:42 AM
The best crew would be:
From CC - Veg & Gry
GpW - Lith & Urbs
VS - Sasik & War
NF - DZ & Nerd
-t3> - SJ
And possibly an admin from CDF as well (Trey).

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 02:43 AM
That'd be a nice crew r3p.

JCF Veteran

Feb 6, 2011, 02:45 AM
Enigma is smart, level-headed, neutral in this dispute, and is a long-time JDC official - he was there before blur, FS, and me became administrators, I think.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Feb 6, 2011, 03:11 AM
You guys post too much. For now, I'll just take the liberty of upgrading this to the official jj.net crew stance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
As far as the "DZ decides" debacle goes, I fully understand that the Zeal network is DZ's effort (which I, and everyone, are very thankful for), but what JJ.net should be is a community effort, and if the community has worries about the state of the staff, it should be adressed.

Edit: The new admin should be able to use php and html so he can help Nerd bugfix the site.

Last edited by Grytolle; Feb 6, 2011 at 03:25 AM.

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 04:30 AM
Quote:

CDF - The rebels. Mostly dutch players who had enough of being under Chiyu (the leader of CC)'s reigme, so they went to form their own clan.
Not really. I started CDF 2 years back and recruited some people. CDF became bigger and better, Treylina are one of my first members and MasterSven joined because TM died. We aren't really ''rebels''

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Feb 6, 2011, 04:32 AM
I think only MS has been a CC member. Not sure about other CDFers.

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit View Post
It was around here that I stopped understanding this thread.
Sorry, I meant the admins of Zeal

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 04:35 AM
MasterSven, Yasco, Jasmine(aka Ester) and Maximus.

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laro24 View Post
MasterSven, Yasco, Jasmine(aka Ester) and Maximus.
Andrzej has been in CC too.

JCF Member

Foly has disabled reputation

Feb 6, 2011, 06:08 AM
Being in a clan or not being in a clan has nothing to do with the skills you need to be a good administrator.

If you want to be an admin you should be one because of the work you do, not because of the powers you get. Usually people who are asking to be one are doing it for the benefits, not for the work.
[13:07:13] *** Foly is on a KILLING SPREE!
[13:07:14] *** you killed yourself
[13:07:14] *** Foly was looking good but died instead...

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 06:12 AM
Yes I've heard the same things told of CEO's and politicians, yet looking out of my window...

I don't know, is it just me, or are things not quite so perfect out there?

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foly View Post
Being in a clan or not being in a clan has nothing to do with the skills you need to be a good administrator.

If you want to be an admin you should be one because of the work you do, not because of the powers you get. Usually people who are asking to be one are doing it for the benefits, not for the work.
Being an admin for your work? What exactly do you mean,I should show the admins my work as an admin while I'm not an admin??? Makes no sense.

If you mean "the programs you make",that means only programmers should be admins,which wouldn't be that fair.

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 06:42 AM
He means that people should become admins to do the work an admin is supposed to do, not for the benefits they would get.