Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJ2+ (Updated June 30, 2010)

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

Aug 23, 2009, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkB View Post
I think is a bug or something.
It's an issue with Windows and command line limits. So just add fewer levels at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I'd be happy if the number of spetators could be limited. Maybe as a percent of the total number of players in the server. There could also be a time limit for spectating.
I'll see what I can do.
ATB Contest. Scripting Language.
Gameplay Theories.
1UP. Pitfall. Desolation.
SC2.

Robee

JCF Member

Robee is doing well so far

Aug 23, 2009, 10:51 AM
When somebody is dropping carrot, some players see that on the ground, some at the main place (where the carrot event is). I find that annoying when you are trying to get that carrot and suddenly it disappears because somebody is taking that from another place or if you see messages like "nice invisible c". Is possible to fix that?

JCF Member

Superjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHART

Aug 23, 2009, 12:23 PM
I've also noticed a bug involving rf-ammo boxes and /spawnobjects command. Whenever I play on a level containing those boxes, and the command gets used, these boxes sooner or later stop spawning for me. While the command hasn't been used yet, they seem to spawn for me normally. I haven't tried myself yet but I guess this doesn't at least happen for hosts, and other players just don't care/don't pay attention to that, although they would have experienced it. Practically this is a very minor bug, and I can very well live with it, but I think it should be noted about anyway.

JCF Member

FawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legend

Aug 23, 2009, 12:55 PM
1.what viv states always happens with clients when i am hosting matches in DW. never really saw it myself tough.

2.i like spectating as it is atm. probably because i idle in ZA and de-spectate when something interesting happens.

also, i mentioned before.. there is some bug on low detail when you cycle a level to something else with (apparently much background layer eyecandy or a bit foreground). it happens often on some levels. i'll post a screen if you never had this before, and want to fix it. it fixes when you turn it off and on again.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Aug 23, 2009, 02:59 PM
if splitscreeners play, and one person idles, both get kicked

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Aug 23, 2009, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robee View Post
When somebody is dropping carrot, some players see that on the ground, some at the main place (where the carrot event is). I find that annoying when you are trying to get that carrot and suddenly it disappears because somebody is taking that from another place or if you see messages like "nice invisible c". Is possible to fix that?
Basically what can happen is players can easily become "out of sync" in JJ2. One might "see" the carrot fall, and another won't. This can happen for a lot of reasons, one being lag.

Another is the tendency for some weapons to be a bit "random", for example powered up bouncers: that randomness is shown differently on everyone's screen, and can knock down items. Though, only what the server "sees" is actually what can deal damage, which is one of the reasons why a single bullet will often not hurt you.

Finally, there's just the netcode itself.

I imagine fixing this problem would be pretty difficult, without simply making it impossible to shoot down carrots. And that would destroy the gameplay in a lot of levels. One suggestion that I have is that when you shoot them down, shoot it a bunch of times (even if you see it fall on the first one). Even better, use toasters. In theory, that should increase the chances of all the players "seeing" it happen.

Visit My JJ2 Blog (HOLD YOUR HORSES I'M WORKING ON IT SHEESH)

JCF Member

Aug 23, 2009, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robee View Post
While I do find this annoying, I wouldn't consider this to be a big issue. It's also not easy to fix, and even with a fix, there might still be some undesirable results when an object is shot down. So basically don't expect changes any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivando View Post
I've also noticed a bug involving rf-ammo boxes and /spawnobjects command. Whenever I play on a level containing those boxes, and the command gets used, these boxes sooner or later stop spawning for me. While the command hasn't been used yet, they seem to spawn for me normally. I haven't tried myself yet but I guess this doesn't at least happen for hosts, and other players just don't care/don't pay attention to that, although they would have experienced it. Practically this is a very minor bug, and I can very well live with it, but I think it should be noted about anyway.
It's actually not an issue with the /spawnobjects command. It's related to a glitch where a client or the server stomps an RF ammo crate but it only appears destroyed locally. I could've mentioned this problem existed earlier, but ammo crates were already used less often because of other issues.

Just now I figured out that the problem exists because the unique IDs used in the net code by the server and clients to identify objects aren't truly unique. A true fix won't be simple to make, but it will be done eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grytolle View Post
if splitscreeners play, and one person idles, both get kicked
I still like this feature a lot.
Gameplay Theories.
SC2.

JCF Member

DarkB is doing well so far

Aug 23, 2009, 10:38 PM
I'd like to see a vote option in jj+.
When is about 1 min left from the current map admin will select a few maps then put them on screen that people eventualy will vote them.
Also if no admin is in the server the jj+ will put a random of maps at vote and so on..
I think is a good idea

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
BlueDragon

JCF Member

BlueDragon is doing well so far

Aug 24, 2009, 02:35 AM
Quote:
When is about 1 min left from the current map admin will select a few maps then put them on screen that people eventualy will vote them.
Also if no admin is in the server the jj+ will put a random of maps at vote and so on..
I think is a good idea
This could also be used for kicking players.So if there is no admin in the server and the host is idle players could still kick cheaters by vote.

And have the vote system be able to turn off and on for each vote.

And maybe let the vote for yes be f1 and for no f2 is it possible?

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Aug 24, 2009, 03:33 AM
not you type votekick2

but the problem is people would bring in clones to force the vote through. And you would get kicked just because they don't like you.

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this

JCF Member

Aug 24, 2009, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
not you type votekick2

but the problem is people would bring in clones to force the vote through. And you would get kicked just because they don't like you.
the vote option to kick is not good at all...only that with maps.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

JCF Member

Aug 24, 2009, 04:22 AM
Quote:
And just a small thing, can there be a feature that lets the player run without Shift being pressed or Caps Lock Being on?
I saw this feature in patch that Gry made 2 years ago.It would be good to be implemented in jj+.

Ragnarok!

JCF Member

Ragnarok! is a forum legendRagnarok! is a forum legend

Aug 24, 2009, 04:41 AM
This has probably been brought up before but is there a possibility of making server sizes bigger? It would just be easier to do JDC events and stuff.
Ragnarok!

JCF Member

Aug 24, 2009, 06:07 AM
You don't need the playerlist for that, heck I don't really keep th playerlist up when playing 16 players, I don't see why I'd do it with more, and that's what levels like DnC are good for!

Plus, if this was actually implemented, I would go the extra mile and make extra large levels just to suit bigger games. Summit would have been bigger had this been possible =o.

And as for larger screens, yeah it would definately be cooler, as people who play competetively mostly use JJ2+ anyway, and some of our previous cheaters already had/have access to bigger resolutions anyway. It just narrows the gap!

JCF Member

Aug 24, 2009, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
This has probably been brought up before but is there a possibility of making server sizes bigger? It would just be easier to do JDC events and stuff.
Or just run 2 server's at same time when a JDC event is up The easiest way ;p

Ragnarok!

JCF Member

Aug 24, 2009, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Or just run 2 server's at same time when a JDC event is up The easiest way ;p
It really isn't, we've tried before ;P

Stealth Admin

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Aug 24, 2009, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Could we then have the number of connections that could be made through a single IP address cut down to one? There's no point of allowing players to join games with more than one client anyway.
Unfortuantly a) several ISPs use mandatory proxy servers and NAT, and b) what if two people at the same house want to play using different computers, instead of splitscreen? It could be a useful option though

Quote:
And just a small thing, can there be a feature that lets the player run without Shift being pressed or Caps Lock Being on?
I do remember hearing about other tools that can do this, but I've never tried any with JJ2+.

JCF Member

Foly has disabled reputation

Aug 24, 2009, 09:54 PM
First, i agree with what torkell says: Some players (like me sometimes) play with a friend/little sister that gets pwnd everytime at 2 computers instead of split screen. So maybe if it would be possible you could do one player for each computer ip or something (I dont know much about all those different ips so im might saying something stupid )

Second, the idea of map voting is great. You could turn this on and off with something like /mapvoting on/off. However there would be one problem: How could you know wich maps there are on the serverlist? Or can you choose one map from the hosts file?

Third (im so good at this counting), when you raise the resolution wont you ruin a lot of levels out there?

Last, a suggestion for me: What about a score screen at the end of the level instead of the black screen? So you could check the kills/dies/damage to other players/etc when you finished the game. This could be fore like 5-10 seconds and you could be able to turn it on and off (and ofcourse when you press enter you will skip this, else you'll get more problems with it). And for the map voting you could also put a screen with all maps in a list and a screenshot of the whole lvl + name + filename + tileset + music (ok, the screenshot might be a little unwanted). So the voting screen would come after the scoring screen and you would have a limited time too vote.
[13:07:13] *** Foly is on a KILLING SPREE!
[13:07:14] *** you killed yourself
[13:07:14] *** Foly was looking good but died instead...

JCF Member

Aug 24, 2009, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foly View Post
Second, the idea of map voting is great. You could turn this on and off with something like /mapvoting on/off. However there would be one problem: How could you know wich maps there are on the serverlist? Or can you choose one map from the hosts file?
How I sayd before when an admin is on server they will know what lvl's are on the list so they would put a number of lvl's on vote(let's say 5 lvl's)
Also when there are no admin's online server will choose some random lvl's and put on vote.(there will be need an command like this .autovotemap on/off)

Quote:
Third (im so good at this counting), when you raise the resolution wont you ruin a lot of levels out there?
I think there will not be such a bad change
Quote:
Last, a suggestion for me: What about a score screen at the end of the level instead of the black screen? So you could check the kills/dies/damage to other players/etc when you finished the game. This could be fore like 5-10 seconds and you could be able to turn it on and off (and ofcourse when you press enter you will skip this, else you'll get more problems with it). And for the map voting you could also put a screen with all maps in a list and a screenshot of the whole lvl + name + filename + tileset + music (ok, the screenshot might be a little unwanted). So the voting screen would come after the scoring screen and you would have a limited time too vote.
I agree with this is a good idea to have a screen at final of the map to see who is on first place at roast or who is on first place at death's and such on.

BlueDragon

JCF Member

Aug 25, 2009, 12:10 AM
Quote:
First, i agree with what torkell says: Some players (like me sometimes) play with a friend/little sister that gets pwnd everytime at 2 computers instead of split screen. So maybe if it would be possible you could do one player for each computer ip or something (I dont know much about all those different ips so im might saying something stupid )
This is rely i problem sometimes my bro plays on his computer.There should be a vote restriction like split-screeners would vote and it would count as 1 vote.
And i think the voting could be abused by some who have a proxy.

Quote:
The maps could be all on the level list if the host or an admin is idle.And if an admin is there he could pick any level from his folder.

Quote:
800x600 is not so big and i think it would be nice to have it.And i think it would only look ugly if you would be playing in a small level.

Quote:
This is a good idea but wouldnt the server get out of synic if the host doesn't want to skip the scores but a player does.Wouldn't that kick the player?

And about the score system it would be nice to see an assist counter that would tell you how many assists you got.So you would still get a point in the counter if someone would steal your kill.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Aug 25, 2009, 12:43 AM
Quote:
when you raise the resolution wont you ruin a lot of levels out there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by klemenkin View Post
And i think it would only look ugly if you would be playing in a small level.

Happens in like 1% of levels. And it's not cheating.

JCF Member

XDxP is doing well so far

Aug 25, 2009, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkB
I think is a good idea
This is a rly good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klemenkin
This could also be used for kicking players.So if there is no admin in the server and the host is idle players could still kick cheaters by vote.

I think players may abuse this, but the idea is good, too. When someone is cheating in The Server or in Zeal Alpha and there is no admins.. it is very disturbing. BTW this votekick works in Vice City MP, so I think it ll work here, too. Or if this doesnt work, make a comment function (for example /comment [number of the player] [comment here]) and if somebody is cheating you can leave a comment f.e.: speedhack etc. And plus saves these comments to a txt with the commenter's name and IP and the hacker/cheater's name and IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
On the topic of penalties, I just remembered I had an idea before that the host/admins should be able to optionally specify a reason for a kick/ban. They'd type something like "/ban 2 cheating" and the game would produce a message saying "Player2 was BANNED (Reason: cheating)". It's not that important but some extra information isn't utterly useless.

I like these things a lot. I hate pressing Caps Lock twice and I think all other players hate this, too. This thing makes my life easier.

My idea is a selfkill (!k) because I always get stuck to the wall in The Server and I hate rejoining. And of course, there d be a selfkill on/off.

My second idea is teamchat on/off.

Last edited by XDxP; Aug 25, 2009 at 02:05 AM. Reason: I forgot smt.

JCF Member

Aug 25, 2009, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDxP View Post
I think players may abuse this, but the idea is good, too. When someone is cheating in The Server or in Zeal Alpha and there is no admins.. it is very disturbing. BTW this votekick works in Vice City MP, so I think it ll work here, too. Or if this doesnt work, make a comment function (for example /comment [number of the player] [comment here]) and if somebody is cheating you can leave a comment f.e.: speedhack etc. And plus saves these comments to a txt with the commenter's name and IP and the hacker/cheater's name and IP.
I'd like this

Quote:
My idea is a selfkill (!k) because I always get stuck to the wall in The Server and I hate rejoining. And of course, there d be a selfkill on/off.

Or make something that when a player is stucked in the wall jj+ just kill the player but without get the lives or something like this.(btw we allready have this option to turn wallclimbing off or on so it will be imppossible to get stucked)
Also I think the teamchat on/off option is useless because if you want to teamchat you just press shift+t and don't affect's nothing in server.

JCF Member

djazz is OFF DA CHARTdjazz is OFF DA CHARTdjazz is OFF DA CHART

Aug 25, 2009, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDxP View Post
This function is available in JJm already, just do /tc

Edit: This could be implented in JJ2+ too
Level Packer v2 - With a GUI!
PHP Tileset Compiler

Last edited by djazz; Aug 25, 2009 at 09:51 AM.

JCF Member

Aug 25, 2009, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJazz View Post
This function is available in JJm already, just do /tc
JJm is one thing and jj+ another thing...

Stealth Admin

Aug 25, 2009, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Good point, I never thought of that.
There must be a way be able to identify whether clients connected from the same address are running from different systems, right?
Unlikely, unless JJ2 itself sends its local IP address. The whole point of NAT is to make multiple computers appear to the outside world to be the same.

Penalty

Banned

Penalty is doing well so far

Aug 25, 2009, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkell View Post
Unlikely, unless JJ2 itself sends its local IP address. The whole point of NAT is to make multiple computers appear to the outside world to be the same.
Correction!
The whole point of NAT is to be a mere temporary solution to the infamous IPv4 problem where the number of available/public IP addresses is slowly dwindling. IPv6 seems to solve these problems. NAT achieves this by translating the source/destination IP addresses and ports and makes it seem like they all come from a single IP address, but the sub-network is inaccessable to the outside world. This in fact allows multiple computers to use the service and have access to the internet.

Unfortunately NAT also has some undesired side effects - it breaks stuff, prevents many protocols from working properly. Normally there are some workarounds for these problems i.e. port forwarding, but even that has certain limitations. For the address translation to work, the firewall needs to classify each packet passing through the router and assign it to a specific connection. This is normally true for TCP connections where a connection can be in one of the several states i.e. new, related, established, etc. Firewalls that use this kind of connection tracking are called stateful firewalls. A very popular stateful firewall is linux iptables firewall, which lives in many routers today.
BlueDragon

JCF Member

Aug 25, 2009, 10:26 AM
What i would like to see in jj+ is that your able to customize the damage of each weapon.I know this is possible since you can edit the damage of the tnt.(/tntdamage <-6 to 7>).And there power-ups.

JCF Member

Aug 25, 2009, 01:10 PM

I'll consider implementing 800x600 if you guys will just (-)(-)(-)(-) about higher resolutions once and for all.
Gameplay Theories.
SC2.

Stealth Admin

Aug 25, 2009, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty View Post
Correction!
The whole point of NAT is to be a mere temporary solution to the infamous IPv4 problem where the number of available/public IP addresses is slowly dwindling. IPv6 seems to solve these problems. NAT achieves this by translating the source/destination IP addresses and ports and makes it seem like they all come from a single IP address, but the sub-network is inaccessable to the outside world. This in fact allows multiple computers to use the service and have access to the internet.
Objection!
NAT can also be used in a many-to-many mapping, which is handy if you want a set of devices to have a consistent internal view of IP addresses no matter what network they're actually connected to. But that's well beyond home router territory.

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Aug 25, 2009, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlurredD View Post
I'll consider implementing 800x600 if you guys will just (-)(-)(-)(-) about higher resolutions once and for all.
If only. They'll just start begging for 1024x768.

Visit My JJ2 Blog (HOLD YOUR HORSES I'M WORKING ON IT SHEESH)

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Aug 25, 2009, 02:51 PM
What about 1920x1080, so I can play it full-screen at native resolution

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Aug 25, 2009, 03:27 PM
Quote:
This is a good idea but wouldnt the server get out of synic if the host doesn't want to skip the scores but a player does.Wouldn't that kick the player?
I think it wouldn't, as long as the server doesn't wait like 20 seconds or so. Right now, when a level finishes you see this EOL screen with gems and the animation of yourself running out of the screen. It stays there for a few seconds, but you can skip it by pressing Fire. If a client skips it and the server doesn't, the client will wait for the server at the Downloading... screen. I know this quite well because I always start tapping Fire as soon as a level ends. So it would be nice to give that EOL screen a real purpose.

And a note on the ever growing need of high resolution JJ2:
-I'd say allow 800x600 as the maximum resolution for all current levels. Things have advanced way beyond 640x480 by now and most levels should work with it.
-Implement a little user-definable blacklist of levels that are incompatible with resolutions above 640x480. Servers should pass it on to clients to prevent cheaties.
-Define a list of new resolutions that could be used*. Level creators should be able to specify their level's maximum resolution (possibly through an event, which would be much like Battery Check handles water colors in a level, but if it's possible it would be neater to stuff it right into the J2L), which defaults to 800x600. The new resolutions should appear as DirectDraw modes in JJ2+. If technically possible, I'd prefer to eliminate the windowed mode resolution list and make JJ2 a truly resizable application, limited only by the current level's max resolution setting. Otherwise just implement the new resolutions the same way as we've always got the tiny ones.
-Usage of higher resolutions should be turn-on/off-able for the whole server in a server command, dropping back to 640x480.

*Some I could come up with (feel free to add):
Code:
4:3 resolutions:
1280x1024 4:3.2 (slightly more square than the others)
1280x960  4:3
1152x864  4:3
1024x768  4:3
800x600   4:3
768x576   4:3
640x480   4:3

Wide resolutions (16:9 is widest):
1920x1080 16:9 (HD :D)
1680x1050 16:10
1600x1024 16:10.24
1600x1000 16:10
1600x900  16:9
1360x768  16:9.035294118
1280x768  16:9.6
1280x800  16:10
1280x720  16:9
1088x612  16:9
1024x600  16:9.375
960x600   16:10
EDIT: when you think of it... introducing JJ2 to the World of Wide screens could possibly provide very interesting level design possibilities.

Last edited by Jerrythabest; Aug 25, 2009 at 03:39 PM.

JCF Member

Aug 25, 2009, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
What about 1920x1080, so I can play it full-screen at native resolution
Wide screen is a good idea. Though this particular resolution would be very difficult to make work. Once you get above a certain size, the game kind of starts to break down, and the only thing that works 100% of the time is the menu. The hacks I've seen that don't crash tend to have problems with displaying graphics properly at resolutions this high (lots of sprite errors, tiles showing up in weird spots, textured bgs being messed up...). Though this may have been fixed by now.

More significant is the fact in offline mode, most objects that are 30 tiles away from you are removed (to see this in effect, jjnowall outside the edge of a level). This means any resolution that is too big in any direction will have problems. This can probably be worked around, but it would likely cause other problems in the process.

Basically, 800x600 can be hacked in without much of a problem (it's been done already), and so can others that are around that size; but beyond that, the bigger you get, the more work it takes.

However, this isn't going to stop people from demanding more and more, or demanding weird things like in the post above this one.

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Aug 25, 2009, 07:01 PM
Quote:
What i would like to see in jj+ is that your able to customize the damage of each weapon.I know this is possible since you can edit the damage of the tnt.(/tntdamage <-6 to 7>).And there power-ups.
I agree. I liked the seeker specific command in the most recent update, and would love anything that would allow for more control over which weapons can be used and how much damage can be done. This could possibly even allow for wild new gameplay.

Quote:
This would be awesome. Possibly my favorite suggestion since the last update. I think more stats are almost always good, as they give players goals to strive for. They could also keep less skilled players from feeling discouraged if they won some award despite losing by a large amount. If stats like favorite weapon or something were included, it could also give players a better sense of their playing style and how to improve.

Quote:

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't like a kick player vote. I feel it would be abused greatly, and I would much rather see more cheat protection added to solve such problems.

Quote:
I think is a good idea
Voting for maps would be cool. I don't imagine this would be as prone to abuse, as I don't think many people would be motivated enough to vote a ton of times. And I think this could easily be prevented. Don't allow people who have joined in the last 3 minutes join or something.

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Aug 25, 2009, 07:15 PM
Regarding resolutions, 800x600 makes sense - it doesn't mess things up too bad. Anything higher than that isn't really necessary for JJ2, though.

I might mention widescreen resolutions one more time, though - JJ2 is one of those games that looks pretty ugly when stretched to fill a 16:9 (or 16:10 in my case) aspect ratio.

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Aug 26, 2009, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ninja View Post
I might mention widescreen resolutions one more time, though - JJ2 is one of those games that looks pretty ugly when stretched to fill a 16:9 (or 16:10 in my case) aspect ratio.
I agree with that. (That's why native widescreen support would be cool!) What i do right now is this:
-I minimize all programs except JJ2 and right-click the taskbar and choose to tile the open windows (this way JJ2 will get maximized without actually maximizing, so that it will still be resizable).
-Then, I grab the left or right edge of the window to shrink it. As JJ2 runs at a 4:3 resolution by itself, it automatically jumps to a perfect 4:3 ratio window that fills the screen vertically.

JCF Member

Aug 26, 2009, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrythabest View Post
I agree with that. (That's why native widescreen support would be cool!) What i do right now is this:
-I minimize all programs except JJ2 and right-click the taskbar and choose to tile the open windows (this way JJ2 will get maximized without actually maximizing, so that it will still be resizable).
-Then, I grab the left or right edge of the window to shrink it. As JJ2 runs at a 4:3 resolution by itself, it automatically jumps to a perfect 4:3 ratio window that fills the screen vertically.
Yea this actually happens when chose 'Tile windows vertically or horizontally' also when chose the 'cascade windows'.
When try to resize it returns to normal windowed mode.

yoda

JCF Member

yoda is doing well so far

Aug 26, 2009, 05:27 AM
Can someone give full list of the command line arguments?
EDIT : The most important thing to me is setting game mode via command line, ana is it possible to add some more level lists

Last edited by yoda; Aug 26, 2009 at 05:58 AM.

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Aug 26, 2009, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrythabest View Post
I did that for a while, but the latest Nvidia driver controls make it fairly easy to have JJ2 run fullscreen while preserving the aspect ratio (and I'm sure the ATI drivers probably have something similar). For now I'm just doing that; running in a window kinda sucks for me as 'alt' is usually my jump key.
Closed Thread