Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » JJ2+ Issue Tracker

Volunteer to Play Official SP Levels

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Apr 22, 2021, 08:46 PM
Volunteer to Play Official SP Levels

An upcoming JJ2+ feature will, for reasons I am choosing not to specify at this time, benefit from having people receive a specific plus.dll and use it to play every official SP level using every character (Jazz/Spaz/Lori). If multiple people volunteer, the levels can be split between them to save everyone's time. The optimal volunteer does not speedrun the game or watch speedrunning videos, but does have at least passing familiarity with the official levels.

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Apr 23, 2021, 02:41 PM
I can't guarantee consistent free time until late June (at which point I'll have a lot of free time for several months), but I can probably work through the campaign over weekends.

If it would be helpful and allowed, I may be able to rope one of my siblings in and get some co-op going (via Parsec or Steam Remote Play or something).

I was born in '98 and my parents bought the game for my brother roughly that year, so Jazz 2 is among my earliest gaming memories. It's pretty much always been in my life, and I played the main campaign several times as a kid.
I have never tried or even looked up speedrun stuff for Jazz 2.

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Apr 25, 2021, 12:23 PM
I'm all up for it. Most of my time in JJ2 is spent on playing SP levels and I'm familiar with the official SP, some of which I know by heart. I do watch speedruns however, I'm a fan of JJ2 speedrunning but I'm not a speedrunner myself. I don't enjoy playing under a time constraint, nor do I know how to pull off speedrunning techniques. Other than that, I'm willing to help and I'm usually available, unless I'm going through an exam period (pretty much the entirety of June).

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

JCF Member

Blade has disabled reputation

Jun 7, 2021, 09:53 AM
I will volunteer myself, if help is still needed. I have completed all of the episodes multiple times, albeit the last time was a while back.

JCF Member

chandie has disabled reputation

Jun 30, 2021, 12:20 AM
I can also volunteer if it's still necessary.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Oct 6, 2021, 12:43 PM
This project is complete and the results will be available in 6.0. Huge thanks to everyone involved, I hope it brings players a lot of fun!