Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

tell some of the levels what u are buiding and goning on j2o

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Dec 29, 2014, 09:11 PM
heh, thanks guys :)

I don't wanna compare these to SWAG since it's in a league of its own and Violet's j1 expertise far exceeds mine, but yes they were inspired by SWAG, particularly the latter maps and ones using his (slightly modified, sorry!) sets, also by NS's Mission Spaz: Foreseeable Future. Hopefully all the 'one day' levels would encourage others to give J1E a try, since yeah they really were made in a day, once you get the hang of it its pretty easy to make maps.

Also tons of new wacky enemies. Enough that I ran into memory allocation errors in virtually every map, and sometimes had to resort to splitting maps into multiple levels so I could use them all :p

If anyone would wanna try their hand at making a level or a collab or just wants some technical advice i'm down to give whatever help i can offer, tho i still have a lot to learn myself lol. A good start would be to check out others' levels or the official ones, though the Epic level designers seldom bothered to name their events

Just saying, but this doesn't mean i've lost interest or given up on making stuff for jj2, just going wherever the inspiration and motivation takes me :)

JCF Member

snzspeed is a forum legendsnzspeed is a forum legendsnzspeed is a forum legend

Dec 30, 2014, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraptor View Post
http://i.imgur.com/GijM2Ii.jpg

Rather a large image so I'll just leave this here instead of breaking the thread by directly displaying it here.

~17 ish j1 levels coming to a j2o near you sometime in the near future
Looking forward to this, esp the hill top? zone tileset, really wanna see how it looks.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Dec 30, 2014, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snzspeed View Post
Looking forward to this, esp the hill top? zone tileset, really wanna see how it looks.
You mean you haven't found the Hill Top level in SWAG?
snzspeed

JCF Member

snzspeed is a forum legendsnzspeed is a forum legendsnzspeed is a forum legend

Dec 30, 2014, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
You mean you haven't found the Hill Top level in SWAG?
OH.

JCF Member

XxMoNsTeRXM is doing well so far

Jan 26, 2015, 03:58 AM
Well I am trying to remake the JJ1 Bonus in JJ2 (NOT 3D) but make some... sort of bonus level in JJ2, images, feel free to spot differences

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Jan 26, 2015, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMoNsTeRXM View Post
Well I am trying to remake the JJ1 Bonus in JJ2 (NOT 3D) but make some... sort of bonus level in JJ2, images, feel free to spot differences
Looking forward on your idea!
(Sorry for not removing the pictures Stijn, but it's harder when you're on a mobile device)

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

Last edited by Primpy; Jan 26, 2015 at 12:24 PM.

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Jan 26, 2015, 10:10 AM
Quote:
So, i'm supposed to find something unusual about this level. Hmmm....
Oh wait! I know! Your level has tilebugs, which we can see in the second photo!

Just kidding xD. This looks neat dude, keep it up!

JCF Member

Jan 26, 2015, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Jam View Post
So, i'm supposed to find something unusual about this level. Hmmm....
Oh wait! I know! Your level has tilebugs, which we can see in the second photo!

Just kidding xD. This looks neat dude, keep it up!
You got me, I was like "what... where?"

Last edited by XxMoNsTeRXM; Jan 26, 2015 at 11:01 AM.

JCF Member

Jan 26, 2015, 12:26 PM
Quote:
You got me, I was like "what... where?"
Well, no need to worry. It's just a small tilebug, it happens to all of us xD
Good luck finishing your level!

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jan 26, 2015, 01:15 PM
XxMoNsTeRXM: if those levels are not 3D, how do they capture the gameplay/feel of JJ1's bonus levels? I see you're doing some scripted stuff, but to be honest I don't really get how they will emulate JJ1's bonus level style from the screenshots.

JCF Member

Jan 27, 2015, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
XxMoNsTeRXM: if those levels are not 3D, how do they capture the gameplay/feel of JJ1's bonus levels? I see you're doing some scripted stuff, but to be honest I don't really get how they will emulate JJ1's bonus level style from the screenshots.
Yes... I might even show a video with the bonus level when it's done.

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Jan 28, 2015, 02:33 AM
Judging from the screenshots, it rather looks like a Treasure Hunt with a timer and score count. As Stijn said, it doesn't really remind me of JJ1's bonus levels at this point, but I'm definitely interested in scripted levels based on any kind of score system. So keep it up!

JCF Member

Louis K is doing well so far

Jan 28, 2015, 05:04 AM
Quote:
@XxMoNsTeRXM
One question - Just for online play or single play available?
even it doesn't work on single playing, that's so awesome work I think. Keep it up!

@For this thread

Of course this thread is for JCS map, but I think it doesn't make a big problem.

This is 'The Boss' map(the last map of the JJ3DX).
I've test it and the result is '47 Attempts and 3 times win' without any cheat.(so totally, this map is not impossible at least.the problem is just horribly f***ing hard)
But I'm trying to make it much easier. :l

Or if you won't, then I'll kill you with this COOL weapon.

JCF Member

Jan 28, 2015, 05:13 AM
@Louis K: It's for single player.

JCF Member

Louis K is doing well so far

Jan 28, 2015, 05:19 AM
Quote:
@Louis K: It's for single player.
great to hear that!

Or if you won't, then I'll kill you with this COOL weapon.

JCF Member

Jan 28, 2015, 12:40 PM
Alright, I've decided to make a Single Player Episode series. It won't be ANY good as devres and RoE, but i'm trying. I'm not really good with JCS.
Anyway, started working on episode 1. The name of this series is ''(Unofical) Jazz Jackrabbit 3''

Story
''After Jazz and Spaz retreaved the wedding ring, they decided to use the time machine to get back home. However, since Jazz shot the diamond on the top of the machine, it started to explode, and they had only ONE chance to get to their time. They have set the settings to 'future', but never bothered to see at what period of the future they were going into...
When they warped to the future, the time machine was busted. They started looking for the way out of the damn, hoping they arived in their own time, and if not, find some help to get back to their freaking time sequence.''

The story ain't promising, eh? I know. Well, i guess this teaser photo is something...

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 28, 2015, 12:42 PM
Looks good so far!

JCF Member

Jan 28, 2015, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
Looks good so far!
Thanks, I pictured that because i thought it was the most promising part of the level.
Although, If you look into this photo, it doesn't really look good...

Y'know, if some of you want to help, I can send you the first level (this level) when i have time.
And also, the bottom left part of this pic is supposed to be the part shown in the first picture...

Last edited by Jelly Jam; Jan 28, 2015 at 02:24 PM.

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Jan 28, 2015, 04:59 PM
Quote:
The story ain't promising, eh?
pretty good, actually! I don't think that kind of thing was done before

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Jan 28, 2015, 07:22 PM
Indeed; the story does actually sound like the setup for what could be a very fun level series!

JCF Member

Jan 29, 2015, 12:56 AM
I'd play that!

JCF Member

Jan 29, 2015, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleGJ View Post
pretty good, actually! I don't think that kind of thing was done before
Well, thanks for the encouragement! , Although, I haven't thought of the entire story yet. It's all thought of for episode 1 and 2, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
I'd play that!
Well... I don't think so... There are some parts where it's imposible to go through without a sugar rush, but then again, I put some kind of 'tutorial texts' which give you helpful tips (''Take everything that you can't kill. It might help ya out...''(yeah, this is for the sugar rush part ;p)).

JCF Member

Jan 29, 2015, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Alright, I've decided to make a Single Player Episode series. It won't be ANY good as devres and RoE, but i'm trying. I'm not really good with JCS.
Anyway, started working on episode 1. The name of this series is ''(Unofical) Jazz Jackrabbit 3''

Story
''After Jazz and Spaz retreaved the wedding ring, they decided to use the time machine to get back home. However, since Jazz shot the diamond on the top of the machine, it started to explode, and they had only ONE chance to get to their time. They have set the settings to 'future', but never bothered to see at what period of the future they were going into...
When they warped to the future, the time machine was busted. They started looking for the way out of the damn, hoping they arived in their own time, and if not, find some help to get back to their freaking time sequence.''

The story ain't promising, eh? I know. Well, i guess this teaser photo is something...

That's very interesting, also I am making a single player episode, it's the continuation of Jazz 2 Episodes, and so with that, people will have many options to choose for the continuation of the Jazz 2 they like, maybe... I got a screenshot on my hand:

JCF Member

Jan 29, 2015, 04:31 AM
Quote:
it's the continuation of Jazz 2 episodes.
So, from what I understood, you were planning to continue the JJ2 story as well?
Then i guess I have to think of another story...

JCF Member

Jan 29, 2015, 04:36 AM
Quote:
So, from what I understood, you were planning to continue the JJ2 story as well?
Then i guess I have to think of another story...
I am planning from about the summer of 2012, but now I am using Angel Script for it, I am not so far ahead, but I will make 3 episodes, Jazz, Spaz & Lori, but alone I can hardly make each level, I want like one episode to contain 10-13 Main Levels, 6-9 Bonus Levels, 10-13 Special Missions (in each episode), and the level that I showed you it's a special mission, maybe if we work together we would be able to finish it faster, and your level gave me an idea, in a main level you will be in hell and you will have different ways to choose, one way will lead to a trap then a demon will appear, and it will force you to go into a special mission and help him or else you will be stuck in there (maybe we can even make an interesting way of escaping instead of forcing you to make that special mission), and that special mission will use your level.

JCF Member

Jan 29, 2015, 05:40 AM
Quote:
I am planning from about the summer of 2012, but now I am using Angel Script for it, I am not so far ahead, but I will make 3 episodes, Jazz, Spaz & Lori, but alone I can hardly make each level, I want like one episode to contain 10-13 Main Levels, 6-9 Bonus Levels, 10-13 Special Missions (in each episode), and the level that I showed you it's a special mission, maybe if we work together we would be able to finish it faster, and your level gave me an idea, in a main level you will be in hell and you will have different ways to choose, one way will lead to a trap then a demon will appear, and it will force you to go into a special mission and help him or else you will be stuck in there (maybe we can even make an interesting way of escaping instead of forcing you to make that special mission), and that special mission will use your level.
Sounds lovely!
But I think I'll pass...
I just don't like the whole scripted levels idea. I'm trying to rip the original JJ2 gameplay so it really looks like a sequel! I won't be able to help you make the levels cause i'm just so lazy, and my episodes are supposed to have 6 levels each and 1 secret minigame level! Hell, if I'm too lazy to make 7 levels, then i definetly won't be able to make 10 to 13 levels. , Also Lori ain't related to my story at all (sorry Trey ) But when it's finished, and if some of you really want to play as her, go ahead, but have in mind that she won't be able to make super jumps, which are in the first level.
Well i wish you good luck with your episode series, Judging by the picture, I'm sure it will be great.

P.S
Are there any remixes of ''Jazz Be Damned'',''Dark Groove'' and the hell freezes over soundtrack? If there are and someone has them, feel free to contact me on skype!

EDIT: Alright, I'm not really going to rip ALL of the traditional JJ2 gameplay cause some of the levels will have pits .

JCF Member

Jan 29, 2015, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Sounds lovely!
But I think I'll pass...
I just don't like the whole scripted levels idea. I'm trying to rip the original JJ2 gameplay so it really looks like a sequel! I won't be able to help you make the levels cause i'm just so lazy, and my episodes are supposed to have 6 levels each and 1 secret minigame level! Hell, if I'm too lazy to make 7 levels, then i definetly won't be able to make 10 to 13 levels. , Also Lori ain't related to my story at all (sorry Trey ) But when it's finished, and if some of you really want to play as her, go ahead, but have in mind that she won't be able to make super jumps, which are in the first level.
Well i wish you good luck with your episode series, Judging by the picture, I'm sure it will be great.

P.S
Are there any remixes of ''Jazz Be Damned'',''Dark Groove'' and the hell freezes over soundtrack? If there are and someone has them, feel free to contact me on skype!

EDIT: Alright, I'm not really going to rip ALL of the traditional JJ2 gameplay cause some of the levels will have pits .
10-13 Main Levels + 10-13 Special Missions + 6-8 Bonus Levels = 32-34 Levels each episode, kinda long, but still, If I will be able to get at least one episode done by summer or next year, it will be cool.

JCF Member

Jan 29, 2015, 05:53 AM
Quote:
32-34 levels each episode

OH MY GOD! DOES EVEN DEVRES HAVE THAT?!

Now being serious. 32 levels in one episode is too much, dude. You should split into more episodes. 11 levels in one episode, for an example.

Last edited by Jelly Jam; Jan 29, 2015 at 12:23 PM.

JCF Member

Jan 29, 2015, 02:04 PM
You don't have to do them all, you will be able to choose if you want to do the bonus or not, do the special mission or not

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Mar 5, 2015, 03:14 PM
Only sort of a level, sort of buiding, sort of goning on j2o

JCF Member

Mar 6, 2015, 12:26 AM
Quote:
*gif*
Actually looks pretty nice! I'm curious how this will turn out.

JCF Member

Mar 6, 2015, 12:33 AM
Lol, that looks like Daybreak with some heat effect, pallete shifts and timer.
And, Oh look! 5.0 preview of visual stuff (gun, ctf scores)

JCF Member

Mar 6, 2015, 03:11 AM
Quote:
You can verify the computer's date and you can do some cool stuff with that, right? For example put a black n' white look to the level.

JCF Member

Mar 29, 2015, 06:27 AM
A small teaser of something that will go to J2O in a LONG time

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Apr 7, 2015, 10:55 AM

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

Apr 7, 2015, 11:45 AM
Sir Ementaler, oh - my - god.
When? When are you going to release this masterpiece?

JCF Member

Apr 8, 2015, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
Sir Ementaler, oh - my - god.
When? When are you going to release this masterpiece?
That's what I said too when I saw it, "OH... MY... GOD!"

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Apr 8, 2015, 06:26 AM
The first screenshot is from a multiplayer level that has potential to sit around on my hard drive forever. The second is being rewritten because it initially had finite fun potential and I found that unacceptable given the possibilities.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Apr 8, 2015, 08:05 AM
Those mushrooms sure look atmospheric. Add some palette shifting here and there and Psych may finally live fully up to it's name.

JCF Veteran

Apr 12, 2015, 10:12 AM
Once there was only dark, but if you ask me, the light's winning