Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » Miscellaneous Stuff

We just released our second game, Wunderling!

JCF Member

Olsen is doing well so far

Mar 7, 2020, 06:45 AM
Lightbulb We just released our second game, Wunderling!

Hey there!

Last time I posted here we had just released the Android and iOS versions of our game PictoParty. Well, today's a bit different - I've actually spent the last 3 years working on a game where I've had tremendous help from all the time I spent using JCS all those years ago.

So, we just released our game Wunderling for Nintendo Switch and Steam (PC). It's a puzzle platformer sort of game where you basically play the basic enemy, chasing down the hero.

Our launch trailer got featured on Nintendos official YouTube channel which is honestly pretty wild.

Available on Steam
Available on Nintendo eShop

I've been responsible for all of the programming and some level design - there are multiple times during development where I've felt that I could take advantage of everything I learned being a part of this community - so thank you, everyone.

Jazz 2 and Jazz 2 Online helped me realise my life long dream of releasing a game on a Nintendo console. For that I am eternally grateful to each and every one of you.

JCF Member

PT32 is an asset to this forum

Mar 7, 2020, 07:14 AM
That looks really cool! Thanks for sharing it with us!

IN DEVELOPMENT:
Renascence: The Last Jackrabbit

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Mar 7, 2020, 09:11 AM
Hi Olsen! This looks incredible--I'm definitely going to give it a go sometime today or tomorrow!

JCF Member

Mar 7, 2020, 09:48 AM
Thank you both! I keep visiting this site every once in a while so of course I had to share it here

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Mar 7, 2020, 04:01 PM
Oh, that's great. Congratulations! The game looks fun - hope I'll have the chance to check it out some time. Definitely getting some JJ-style platforming (and also, Keen Dreams) vibes from the Steam page

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 7, 2020, 05:51 PM
You can watch me fail to find ever increasing numbers of secrets here.

JCF Member

Mar 8, 2020, 01:39 AM
Well done!

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 12, 2020, 10:15 PM
Getting there. Not going to go back onstream for anything I've missed because a) that sort of thing takes a while and b) some secrets should remain secrets as incentives for other people to buy the game anyway.

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 15, 2020, 11:50 AM
I finished the game off-camera yesterday due to unreliable internet conditions. There were a couple moments where I temporarily confused the camera, and some annoying hidden portals which I couldn't seem to interact with, and I can't figure out the 6-15 chest but AFAIK I've gotten every other chest, portal, and record there is to find. I had a great time and this is pretty much what video games should be like. Thanks for making it.

JCF Member

Mar 30, 2020, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
I finished the game off-camera yesterday due to unreliable internet conditions. There were a couple moments where I temporarily confused the camera, and some annoying hidden portals which I couldn't seem to interact with, and I can't figure out the 6-15 chest but AFAIK I've gotten every other chest, portal, and record there is to find. I had a great time and this is pretty much what video games should be like. Thanks for making it.
Wow, great job!

The hidden portals are future content, could be communicated better. Yeah we realised we didn't catch every moment where you could confuse the camera, should be better in the latest patch (and the patch upcoming after that).

And finally... thank you so much. It really warms my heart to hear you say that. Thank you for playing!