Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

I have problems to play cutsom levels

TheMagician

JCF Member

TheMagician is doing well so far

Aug 30, 2005, 04:15 AM
I have problems to play cutsom levels

Hi everybody!

I'm new to the Jazz Jackrabbit 2 community and have problems to play the levels I downloaded from this site.

I have JJ2 with patch 1.23 installed.

The main problem is that levels which I downloaded here and put in my Jazz2 directory don't show up on the homecooked level list.

For example: "Mission Uncrossible". Non of the multiplayer (ctf, race, battle) or single player levels show up.

Do you have any ideas regarding this problem?
Thanks in advance,
Stefan

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Aug 30, 2005, 04:23 AM
There are a few things that can cause this:

- You have more than 256 levels in your home cooked level list
- The author of the level has checked the "Hide this level in the Home Cooked level list"-box.

So, to make them show up, you have to delete files or uncheck the box in every level. Another way to play them is described in this article. You could also use the command line: just go to start>run, and type:
Code:
"C:\pathtojj2\jazz2.exe" level
Where C:\pathtojj2\jazz2.exe is the path to your jazz2.exe and level is the filename of your level, without the .j2l extension. So if you'd want to play battle1.j2l, replace "level" with "battle1".
TheMagician

JCF Member

Aug 30, 2005, 08:22 AM
Hi sers!

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Your suggestion with ""C:\pathtojj2\jazz2.exe" level" worked like a charm. (only one level pack gave me the error "Fatal Application Error: Version conflict", but it says the level pack was for Jazz2 withouth TSF)

However, I'm still puzzled what could have caused the problem.

-There have only 10 custom levels installed.
-Why should someone who distributes a single player level pack hide his levels from the homecooked list?

Too bad I can't open the levels in the JCS to look whether they are really set as "invisible". They are password protected.

Anyway, thanks again!
Stefan
JelZe GoldRabbit

JCF Member

JelZe GoldRabbit is doing well so far

Aug 30, 2005, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sers^^
There are a few things that can cause this:

- You have more than 256 levels in your home cooked level list
- The author of the level has checked the "Hide this level in the Home Cooked level list"-box.

So, to make them show up, you have to delete files or uncheck the box in every level. Another way to play them is described in this article. You could also use the command line: just go to start>run, and type:
Code:
"C:\pathtojj2\jazz2.exe" level
Where C:\pathtojj2\jazz2.exe is the path to your jazz2.exe and level is the filename of your level, without the .j2l extension. So if you'd want to play battle1.j2l, replace "level" with "battle1".
Hey buddy, Mission Uncrossible has a SP part in 1.23, but the MP part is TSF only. So you can add this as a probable cause:

- The levels you downloaded are for TSF aka version 1.24. The two versions (1.23 and TSF) are not backwards compatible: 1.23 can't play TSF levels, but TSF can play 1.23 levels. Those TSF levels are denoted by a Lori icon (a yellow rabbit's head) in the downloads.

- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3
TheMagician

JCF Member

Aug 30, 2005, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Hey buddy, Mission Uncrossible has a SP part in 1.23, but the MP part is TSF only. So you can add this as a probable cause
Well, I looked at the problem again, and I think both MP AND SP parts of "Mission Uncrossible" are version 1.24 because JJ2 gives me the "version conflict" error even if I try to directly access a SP level.

I tried to download some other single player levels and they worked fine.
Thanks for your help.
Stefan