Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJ2+ (Updated June 30, 2010)

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Sep 24, 2009, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Louis View Post
I might as well make a sizeable explanation that naive heroes of justice will have a harder time dismantling.
Please, let us engage in this thoroughly elusive discourse spectrum.
BlueDragon

JCF Member

BlueDragon is doing well so far

Sep 24, 2009, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZeal View Post
We all need to remember that BlurredD is spending much time on PLUS.
And if we can help him in anyway, then I think we should.
Stop supporting 1.23 would surely make things easier for him.
Im whit Zeal on this one!
It would make things easier for him and for us too.

And hunter i have at least 15 rules on my server and that is more then the 50 char limit...
this feature could be used in a way to post news and updates about your server too.

Oh and one idea i had a long time ago. Why not make the Y key default for team chat? Pressing Shift + T is sometimes to late or i some times forget to press shift and the text goes to the other team.
BlueDragon

JCF Member

Sep 24, 2009, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
This would really be too annoying, I'm afraid. Fifteen messages every time I join the server would surely make me quit and never return. Maybe there could've been a /rules command that, when used, sends the player the server rules. But I do not think it would be frequently used so it isn't worth implementing. As I said, what a person shouldn't do in a server is quite obvious.
Who said that they would be in a row?

They would only appear like every minute if you want.And not at the same time!

Have you never played Call of Duty or any other FPS that has this?
And you could use that chat lines for other things not only rules.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Sep 24, 2009, 08:38 AM
Sounds to me like someone has too many rules

JCF Member

Sep 24, 2009, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Sorry, klemenkin, I don't play shooters so I do not know what's the situation there.

Why is the next level's name shown only to server admins? Actually, it only shows its file name. Would it be better if the next level's name itself is displayed at some times (Can it be read?)? Let's say, when the game cycles and next round starts, the game announces what's coming up afterwords. Then, when only one point is left before a team wins or there's only two minutes of the round left, the game announces what's to follow again.
np but the next map thingy is in CoD too it could be used whit my suggestion.

Grytolle: I know but most of them are basic and only a few like 5 are for my server.

Anyway hope Blur thinks about the Y for team chat idea.

Stealth Admin

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Sep 24, 2009, 12:56 PM
/me waves +3 Staff of Moderation.

Right, that's enough of the offtopic ranting. If you want to complain about 1.24 players then make a new thread. This thread is about JJ2+, not about who's server has the better ruleset. Consider yourselves warned.

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Sep 24, 2009, 01:59 PM
I think the chat/teamchat buttons could be made configurable.
This could mean you could also configure different keys for different splitscreen players.

En zó slaan we dus twee vliegen in één klap, mensen!
Old Sep 25, 2009, 01:23 AM
Raven aka StL
This message has been deleted by Torkell. Reason: Offtopic rant
Old Sep 25, 2009, 03:17 AM
Sonyk
This message has been deleted by Torkell. Reason: Offtopic rant

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Sep 25, 2009, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrythabest View Post
I think the chat/teamchat buttons could be made configurable.
This could mean you could also configure different keys for different splitscreen players.

En zó slaan we dus twee vliegen in één klap, mensen!
I agree. (Well, with the first half at least. I don't understand the the part that's in Dutch) I personally don't mind team chat as it is, but I know some people would prefer a different key or set of keys. Adding this to the control configuration would be quite nifty and everyone should be able to find something they like then.

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left

JCF Member

plunK is an asset to this forum

Sep 25, 2009, 06:54 PM
Really... Fighting over coloured text. I think its unneccissary to remove, but if some people want it good for them. IMO if you add this, make it local and make the keycode that coloured shift symbol thingy for chat.

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Sep 26, 2009, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plunK View Post
Fighting over coloured text.

plunK is right, and also awesome.

Rather than discuss the colo(u)red text, let's discuss this! It's been announced sort of that the next JJ2+ will support clients downloading music. Any further info on that Blur, or any changes related to that?

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Sep 26, 2009, 09:06 PM
Shouldn't there be a max filesize on the mp3s to avoid delay times, lag, and other issues?

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Sep 27, 2009, 01:46 PM
And probably you'll need a command to enable/disable uploading (server-side) or downloading (client-side) music.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Sep 28, 2009, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrythabest View Post
And probably you'll need a command to enable/disable uploading (server-side) or downloading (client-side) music.
Both options are there already.

JCF Member

Foly has disabled reputation

Sep 28, 2009, 05:56 AM
Blurred, you want us to test many programs and to tell how we did it and if it worked. But how about teamviewer? Isnt it lots easier if you would use that program to see if something works or to test some things?
[13:07:13] *** Foly is on a KILLING SPREE!
[13:07:14] *** you killed yourself
[13:07:14] *** Foly was looking good but died instead...

JCF Member

Sep 29, 2009, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
Both options are there already.
In the readme, I can only find /blockdownloads:

Quote:
/blockdownloads <on|off>
Enables/disables blocking downloads.
That's got nothing to do with blocking *music* downloads, and it's also only server-side.

JCF Veteran

Sep 29, 2009, 11:44 AM
Not released yet...

JCF Member

Sep 29, 2009, 01:40 PM
Oh well then at least it's good they're coming

JCF Member

master sven is doing well so far

Sep 29, 2009, 10:42 PM
All I care about is hosting. Why would you care about spam or coloured chat, JUST MUTE!

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/th3a.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Sep 30, 2009, 02:50 PM
Objection: Lets say somebody is trying to give out their MSN to a non + user. Now they want to repeat their MSN email thingy a few times in 6 second spurts so the non-plus user can get the email address correctly. Now if this message can't get through because the server is playing a CTF game, and the person can't repeat it for a while, wouldn't that be quite inconvenient? That is why JJ2+ has the pressing up to repeat the last chatline option and also you can press ctrl+V in the chatbox to paste chat. This is there to make it easier. But what you're suggesting defeats the whole purpose. There are many reasons why a line would want to be repeated.

Also, JJ2+ has chat-flood control. If a line is repeated over and over too many times, it kicks the player and if it continues, the player then becomes banned.

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this

JCF Member

FawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legend

Sep 30, 2009, 10:12 PM
the chat-flood control could be more strict in it's purpose then. since i never saw this happen.

JCF Member

Crazy Rabbit is doing well so far

Oct 16, 2009, 07:29 PM
BLURREDO:
MAYBE YOU CAN ADD IN NEXT VERSION NOFIRE?

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Oct 17, 2009, 12:21 PM
No fire zones already work in multiplayer. Or if you mean a feature that allows the server to turn on and off players' ability to fire, use /stop so the shooting doesn't do any damage. Or you could always use sprite dynamite to erase the blaster shot sprite.

Although I do agree that making no fire work zones in single player would be cool.

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Oct 17, 2009, 02:33 PM
Or maybe he meant No Fire Zone working in single player. Which could be pretty useful.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Oct 17, 2009, 06:57 PM
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglobite View Post
No fire zones already work in multiplayer. Or if you mean a feature that allows the server to turn on and off players' ability to fire, use /stop so the shooting doesn't do any damage. Or you could always use sprite dynamite to erase the blaster shot sprite.

Although I do agree that making no fire work zones in single player would be cool.
I mean command (/NOFIRE on) for Street Fight Server! lol

JCF Member

Oct 18, 2009, 12:34 AM
Again, you could do this by removing the blaster shot sprite. (Be sure to make a back up of your .j2a file first) Or by hosting levels with no fire zones everywhere.

JCF Member

Oct 18, 2009, 04:54 PM
Quote:
I think he wants to host ordinary battle levels as Street Fight (why else would he require such a command). It'd take him long to put No Fire Zones everywhere, plus he'd this way edit other people's levels without permission, which can't be right. And if he removes sprites, he would be the only one who can't shoot.
Everyone is affected by the server's sprites. The other players would still see the shots, but couldn't be hurt by them. The server wouldn't see them or be hurt by them.

JCF Member

Oct 19, 2009, 06:50 PM
I MEAN: IF YOU WANT SET /NOFIRE ON without nofire zones everywhere, press "T" button (chat button) and write /NOFIRE ON...
Console: Nofire Server has been ENABLED

JCF Member

Oct 20, 2009, 03:47 PM
I understand. I'm just pointing out that you can pretty much get the same effect already if you go through a little more effort, and don't feel like waiting.

JCF Member

HotRodGR is notorious for his worthless posts

Oct 22, 2009, 09:15 AM
I'm getting lots of errors when trying to download certain tilesets or levels. By downloading them from j2o and deleting the old, incomplete or corrupted files the problem is usually solved, but in this case I can't solve it and find this error in the Jazz2 text file:

NetStart
Computer is CLIENT
Downloading [ab10btl01.j2l]
NET: netRead failed: Illegal NET_HANDLE
NetDeInitialize
PACKETSTATS
Total Packets 5
Total Bytes Send 112
Total Secure Bytes Send 214
Total Bytes Recv 180
Total Secure Bytes Recv 17073
Packets Lost: total:0
Packets out-of-order: total:0

(Server is "The Server")

Have anyone ever encountered this? Is there a way to solve it?
DanZeal

JCF Member

DanZeal is an asset to this forum

Oct 26, 2009, 01:22 AM
Why are there higher CPU load when running in tray then in normal minimized mode?

ZStats
"The myth that women should not lift heavy is advanced only by women who fear effort and men who fear women." Eric Midkiff

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

Oct 26, 2009, 05:29 PM
It's simply because minimizing to tray doesn't use the same optimization. The optimization is going to be in the next update.
ATB Contest. Scripting Language.
Gameplay Theories.
1UP. Pitfall. Desolation.
SC2.

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Oct 27, 2009, 12:11 PM
You know, I think it would be a good idea to have an anti-collision option (players go through each other) in co-coperative mode, so others would stop pushing each other in tests. Also, it would save the trouble of having to switch everyone to some certain team of CTF (this can be trouble because some like to swtich back, or when someone gets switched, they get killed and go all back to the start). CTF was never made for tests. Of course, test is an unofficial gamemode, but this idea would be very nice to have in the next plus. I don't see why not.

I also had the idea of actually being able to speak through microphone (and could have a team only mode too), which would make CTF a whole lot easier because of less chatkill, no need to know CTF codes. However...this may cause more lag, so I don't completely support this idea.

I'm pretty sure you guys are aware of the race bug. I would like to play it more often...but it's almost unplayable. There's more bugs in JJ2 plus, such as not losing lives when hurt in coop and single player if you are not the actual host. And sometimes the next lvl doesn't respond in coop. Also, i would really like the Lori copter bug to be fixed (Lori can't go on copters). Perhaps it could be possible to fix the Lori bug for 1.23 users, who see Lori as a messed up jazz/box/bird/frog/whatever, but you wouldn't be able to play as her though.
Bakli

JCF Member

Bakli is doing well so far

Oct 27, 2009, 02:56 PM
Lightbulb

hello,
Can you add in the following version of a patch possibility to move all files from a folder jackrabbit (except Banlist.lst, Filter.lst, Jazz2.exe, JCS.ini, Level editor.exe, plus.ini) in a separate folder data? At present because of a heap of files very inconveniently.

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

Oct 27, 2009, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragley View Post
You know, I think it would be a good idea to have an anti-collision option (players go through each other) in co-coperative mode, so others would stop pushing each other in tests. Also, it would save the trouble of having to switch everyone to some certain team of CTF (this can be trouble because some like to swtich back, or when someone gets switched, they get killed and go all back to the start). CTF was never made for tests. Of course, test is an unofficial gamemode, but this idea would be very nice to have in the next plus. I don't see why not.
Against everything I stand for, I will be adding a command and setting so that all players join blue team automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragley
I also had the idea of actually being able to speak through microphone (and could have a team only mode too), which would make CTF a whole lot easier because of less chatkill, no need to know CTF codes. However...this may cause more lag, so I don't completely support this idea.
While it might be convenient, it's not something I intend on adding anytime soon. And as you mentioned, there's the whole lag issue.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you guys are aware of the race bug. I would like to play it more often...but it's almost unplayable. There's more bugs in JJ2 plus, such as not losing lives when hurt in coop and single player if you are not the actual host. And sometimes the next lvl doesn't respond in coop.
I may work on coop and an improved race mode sooner than later, but no guarantees.

Quote:
Also, i would really like the Lori copter bug to be fixed (Lori can't go on copters). Perhaps it could be possible to fix the Lori bug for 1.23 users, who see Lori as a messed up jazz/box/bird/frog/whatever, but you wouldn't be able to play as her though.
The display issues of Lori for 1.23 users will be fixed in the next update, though 1.23 users won't be able to tell Lori apart from Jazz. Fixing Lori's copter issue isn't a high priority of mine, but if anyone knows how to fix it in JJ2's assembly, then inform me and I'll make the changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakli View Post
hello,
Can you add in the following version of a patch possibility to move all files from a folder jackrabbit (except Banlist.lst, Filter.lst, Jazz2.exe, JCS.ini, Level editor.exe, plus.ini) in a separate folder data? At present because of a heap of files very inconveniently.
Maybe one day, but not in the next update.
ATB Contest. Scripting Language.
Gameplay Theories.
1UP. Pitfall. Desolation.
SC2.

JCF Member

XDxP is doing well so far

Oct 27, 2009, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Well, Use TeamSpeak.

BTW, when will the next update release? In next month?

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Oct 27, 2009, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlurredD View Post
The display issues of Lori for 1.23 users will be fixed in the next update, though 1.23 users won't be able to tell Lori apart from Jazz. Fixing Lori's copter issue isn't a high priority of mine, but if anyone knows how to fix it in JJ2's assembly, then inform me and I'll make the changes.
I'm pretty sure Neobeo and I did in 1.24´+ So check out that source code :P

Edit: seems to be gone

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Oct 27, 2009, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Against everything I stand for
What do you stand for? Is JJ2+ being developed with a certain goal in mind, or are you just adding features at will as you go?

Just curious.

Last edited by Stijn; Oct 28, 2009 at 09:54 AM.

JCF Member

Oct 27, 2009, 11:09 PM
Quote:
The display issues of Lori for 1.23 users will be fixed in the next update, though 1.23 users won't be able to tell Lori apart from Jazz.
So, Lori will appear as Jazz? It seems to me that it would be more obvious to display Lori as Spaz, as (as far as I know) Jazz doesn't have kick-sprites and Spaz and Lori do. What will Lori look like when she's doing a kick?

I'm just curious about it though, as long as it looks better than it does now it's an improvement anyway

JCF Member

Sonyk is doing well so far

Oct 28, 2009, 03:11 AM
Lori's copter ears probably see more use than her kick anyway. The kick will probably look like Jazz doing any uppercut... horizontally.
sonicnathan 1

JCF Member

sonicnathan 1 is doing well so far

Oct 28, 2009, 09:36 AM
i can just see that. lol
Episode 4: Probably never

<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=4882"> Deckstar V3</a>
<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=5408">Colonial Fix</a>
Jazz 1 Fanolint: 98%

<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=5407">Finished secret levels</a>
Closed Thread