Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

LMAT (Valentine's Day)

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Feb 2, 2016, 12:44 AM
More seriously, apparently that "most recent version" I linked in my previous post in this thread is gone as well. I should probably have it on a hard drive somewhere, will try to find it.

JCF Member

PurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHART

Feb 2, 2016, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
Nobody (except SE and me to an extent) wants to do LMAT anymore anyway.
Not so fast! I'm still interested in contributing to another LMAT, but I haven't found the time nor the inspiration to do any work on them myself lately. I'm sure that's the case for others here too.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Feb 2, 2016, 10:52 AM
Okay but unless you can state for sure that you will have time and (ideally) inspiration in the near future, that's functionally the same.

In any case, come on, we all know that Trey is right that this is a bad tileset. That's the real reason nobody's ever wanted to mask it. We don't need to make this about her.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Feb 2, 2016, 11:01 AM

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Feb 2, 2016, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
this is a bad tileset.

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Feb 3, 2016, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
Nobody (except SE and me to an extent) wants to do LMAT anymore anyway.
I'd be interested in participating in a LMAT tileset(Although as you said, preferably not this one; it's already done and not that good...). Actually, I really wanted to see how the one with the hexagons would have turned out.

Hell, if people really wanted, I could mask this one, but again, this tileset is a bori.

JCF Member

Sean is a forum legendSean is a forum legend

Feb 3, 2016, 09:42 AM
Why not redo this whole thing using a better Valentine's Day theme? Make it something romantic, like a fancy restaurant or a moonlit beach with islands in the distance inexplicably shaped like hearts. Or hell, a fancy restaurant on a moonlit beach.

JCF Member

Feb 3, 2016, 12:30 PM
I would be up for that.

JCF Member

Obi1mcd is OFF DA CHARTObi1mcd is OFF DA CHARTObi1mcd is OFF DA CHART

Feb 3, 2016, 09:51 PM
Apparently I've had a version with the palette fixed since March 2012.
Here's a mask image. I didn't know what half the stuff in the set was so I leaned heavily in favour of making things not solid.
If anyone has credits or is willing to dig through and find them, feel free to put them in a background somewhere and compile.

As far as future LMAT stuff goes I think the most likely thing to ever be finished is LMAT Octagons Edition.
A new one would sooner or later run into the same issues, ie a lack of backgrounds for starters. That's not to say it wouldn't be fun to work on one regardless of how likely it'd be to finish, though!

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Feb 4, 2016, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Why not redo this whole thing using a better Valentine's Day theme? Make it something romantic, like a fancy restaurant or a moonlit beach with islands in the distance inexplicably shaped like hearts. Or hell, a fancy restaurant on a moonlit beach.
Even some more color variety would do wonders. There's a lot of room for white here. And chocolates! Where are all the (heart-shaped) chocolates?

JCF Member

Feb 4, 2016, 06:06 AM
If someone's willing to make a background, all LMAT 2011(The Octagon one) would need is a mask(Which I could do), and then it'd finally be done.

Then we can start a new one and not have half of the thread taken up with "Shouldn't we finish that one from last time?"

Tags
let's make a tileset