Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Real JJ2WC III mappool poll

View Poll Results: 6th map for JJ2WC III?
Jungle's Edge 15 42.86%
Superconductor CTF 3 8.57%
BloodBunny's Lair 14 40.00%
Medieval Skyscrapers 2 5.71%
Extraterrestials 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

spaceboy

Banned

spaceboy is doing well so far

Nov 19, 2010, 04:20 AM
Real JJ2WC III mappool poll

Since there was a lot of fuss about the mappool, I decided to make this poll and let you guys choose the 6th map for JJ2WC, which will join the following maps:

Diamondus Warzone[JJnet Edit]
Happy Semiconductor CTF
The Marshland of Evil
Nuclear Afterblast
Zaitox Station 67

JCF Member

[GpW]Urbs is an asset to this forum

Nov 19, 2010, 04:26 AM
bblair for me.

1st jj2wc final was played on it, and a remarkable level which allows for a lot of originality.
Supposedly biased though... but gry always goes on about levels being biased, what does he know?

BTW pretty sure this will end up as a war between JE and BBlair

EDIT: although my prediction might turn out to be right in the end I might have been underesetimating the other levels as well. Just saw anubis vote for superconductor and I remember Gry saying how its a great level as well. Medieval Skyscrapers always had a large following and Extraterestials could be the favourite for those who want another underplayed level in the map pool.

Hehe jj2wc is already fun - and it hasn't even begun yet! Look at all the polls and the lively discussion that sprung up around it

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

JCF Member

Skele! is doing well so far

Nov 19, 2010, 04:36 AM
BBLair for sure, I goddamn love it.

JCF Member

Nov 19, 2010, 04:36 AM
FOO don't be telling everybod our strategy!

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Nov 19, 2010, 09:38 AM
any lvl bias disappears if you play as both colors, so bblair could be used without any issues

with well-oiled teamplay bblair might be fine too, but in random 3v3s, the red team always has a huge advantage

i voted for super, that being the most original and fun lvl among the options, and if this was a "ranked" vote the lvls would place 2) bblair 3) je 4-E) anything x) MS

Last edited by Grytolle; Nov 19, 2010 at 11:16 AM.

JCF Member

Nov 19, 2010, 10:57 AM
hehe my predictions are turning out to be spot on

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:21 AM
cooba
This message has been deleted by cooba. Reason: unnecessary
SlaYerRL

JCF Member

SlaYerRL is doing well so far

Nov 22, 2010, 06:40 AM
Let people vote here, open it again, some people just saw it today.

JCF Member

Toni should make better posts

Nov 22, 2010, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaYerRL View Post
Let people vote here, open it again, some people just saw it today.
Isn't it their problem?

JCF Member

Nov 22, 2010, 08:26 AM
well rep is away anyway and the pool had to be decided sooner or later.
Don't get me wrong,I'd love to see it open again, so I could get some people to vote for bblair, but at the end of the day, I guess other than a couple of air's here and there, JE will have to be fine.

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

JCF Member

Toni should make better posts

Nov 22, 2010, 08:49 AM
Urbs, if it opens again, I will get some people to vote for JE, too. Don't worry . After all, I think that JE deserves to be in the mappool. It won here, and in MS's poll. In my opinion, openning the poll again, is some kind of cheating. JE won with fair play. I know that GpW likes BBLair, and r3p likes it, too. But he added the deadline for voting, and it finished, so the result is JE. I really would not like to see this poll openned again.

JCF Member

Nov 22, 2010, 10:12 AM
rep didnt even vote for it

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2010, 03:12 AM
where was that deadline mentioned anyway?

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2010, 03:36 AM
It wasn't imo. You know rep, he tends to be impulsive.
I was still telling people to vote (not WHAT to vote btw) when the poll was suddenly closed.
But there you have it, the jj2wc map pool, best get used to and acquianted with it.

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

SlaYerRL

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2010, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grytolle View Post
where was that deadline mentioned anyway?

Indeed, So I can put my own poll, when I will see BBlair is winning I will close it.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 09:30 AM
Lithium
This message has been deleted by Lithium. Reason: not like I have the reason to care about it now

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2010, 09:46 AM
OMG now I know why people running these tournaments go crazy every once in a while. Can't we all just accept that JE won? Most of the people complaining already voted, so that should be that.
Rep has no hidden agenda behind all of this, he neither voted for JE nor does he (to my knowledge) prefer it over bblair. The only reason he stopped the vote (IMO anyway, haven't spoken to him since saturday) is because he had to go back to the army till thursday. Granted, he could have left the poll open, but maybe he closed it down, to stop the uncertainty. JJ2WC is practically here already and the sooner we have a complete map pool, the better.

And besides both levels rock, so in the end it really doesnt matter much. As for the chief propagators (and voters of JE) VS; Warrior rocks on any level and as I remember Sasik is not pushover on BBlair either, so nobody got any serious advantage from JE being in the map pool.

Live with the pool. IMO the original one was better as there were only 2 levels from the current ladder pool in it. But beacuse people didn't like that pool and because of allegations flying about like crazy rep decided to spice things up with a bit of democracy. Now people are starting to complain again.

Don't get me wrong, opinion is all swell and allright, but sooner or later you had to know the pool was going to be final. The sooner the better.

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

JCF Member

Sasik is doing well so far

Nov 23, 2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [GpW]Urbs View Post
And besides both levels rock, so in the end it really doesnt matter much. As for the chief propagators (and voters of JE) VS; Warrior rocks on any level and as I remember Sasik is not pushover on BBlair either, so nobody got any serious advantage from JE being in the map pool.
I don't mind adding both levels, JE and BBlair, to the mappool.

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2010, 02:13 PM
The point remains - there will always be another level people will wish to add, and this has to stop somewhere now doesn't it?

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

JCF Member

Sasik is doing well so far

Nov 23, 2010, 02:39 PM
Well, for me the discussion about mappool is closed and it's not worthy to start it once again.

JCF Member

master sven is doing well so far

Nov 24, 2010, 01:45 AM
Not to start the discussion about the maps, rather to prevent future problems, but: If SR would have done something like this no one would have aproved, nor recognized it.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/th3a.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
SlaYerRL

JCF Member

Nov 24, 2010, 02:11 AM
no dealine means that someone is closing poll when score is okay for him, add both levels.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Nov 24, 2010, 02:18 AM
But it's not possible here to close a poll whenever you want...

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Nov 24, 2010, 02:47 AM
R3p asked me to close the poll, saying he forgot to set a closing date. I have no idea what is going on anymore here, but maybe that clears stuff up?

JCF Member

Nov 24, 2010, 03:44 AM
Yup.
He should have given a date, but it looks like it slipped his mind. Stuff like that happens.
I can see why R3p wouldn't be the mos tpopular figure aroound, but seeing as how he organizes this stuff pretty much pro bono why not cut him some slack.
It was the same for jj2wc1 - everybody said it won't work, everybody went on and on about r3p this and r3p that, but know what, he delivered!

And back then I remember enigma saying something like this (which I might have paraphrased quite a couple of times in this discussion):"There's no way to make everybody happy"
And I think he added a plea for sanity and common sense to boot.

Now seeing as how the levels are here and the tourney seems to be on track (w8in only for id) and t3 to sign up to make things more interesting) how about we just drop this thing?

As for some other comments that fall in the "what if" category I rather wouldn't go there.

I'm also not going into the level discussion again, beacuse I just know how it would erupt again like wildfire, and be just about as productive as wildfire - which is to say not all that much.

EDIT:

Ohh and just for the record, I think it isn't to the credit of this community that reptile has to (again!) organize jj2wc after all the trouble and toils he went through to organize the 1st one.
Mind you, before jj2wc1 everybody was positively certain a jj2 clantournament is impossible to arrange due to all the failed attempts up till then.
And look who got the community back in flux this time round - that old reptilian menace had to come back from retirement just because you dolts couldn't get anything done by yourselves.
Does he do it for himself as well? Of course he does! He knows and relaizes it could be a lot of fun to play jj2wc - he realized that before there even was a jj2wc.
And then like now, the naysayers were many and the optimists few, the voices of dissent plentiful, those of support rare. Yet at the end of the day all those who go on the jcf just to make r3p's life (sometimes rightfully so and then again, sometimes not) hard, will be the ones enjoying jj2wc the most.

And got forbid that GpW gets a good result in this tournament, then we might as well leave jj2.

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

Last edited by [GpW]Urbs; Nov 24, 2010 at 03:54 AM.
SlaYerRL

JCF Member

Nov 24, 2010, 04:36 AM
R3p I sent you mail with changes in our clan btw;p

Btw If R3p forgot to set deadline then He should make new voting, because not everyone was in these days online or even notice it, this is only my opinion I know JE will stay, as usual.

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Nov 24, 2010, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaYerRL View Post
Btw If R3p forgot to set deadline then He should make new voting, because not everyone was in these days online or even notice it, this is only my opinion I know JE will stay, as usual.
Wouldn't that be *THEIR* problem? And not the problem of the organizer (which you make it now)?

(Heck, you voted yourself. You as a clanleader could tell your members to go vote here.)

JCF Member

Nov 24, 2010, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegito View Post
Wouldn't that be *THEIR* problem? And not the problem of the organizer (which you make it now)?

(Heck, you voted yourself. You as a clanleader could tell your members to go vote here.)
Don't be silly, Veg. It was no doubt a tactical/diplomatical mistake of rep to close the poll without a warning. He should have just set a deadline 3 days later or so when he remembered that there wasn't any instead of immediatly closing the poll, especially considering the very undecisive result. On the other hand, I'm completely sure that r3p didn't have any bad intentions.

Anyway, r3p has clearly made up his mind, and I don't think ppl mind JE that much, since it's a balanced level that everyone knows very well.

JCF Member

Nov 24, 2010, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegito View Post

Go on Zeal Relaxer and relax with Zeal, Im just asking. Anyway as Sasik said, discussion about mappool is closed.

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Nov 24, 2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grytolle View Post
Don't be silly, Veg. It was no doubt a tactical/diplomatical mistake of rep to close the poll without a warning. He should have just set a deadline 3 days later or so when he remembered that there wasn't any instead of immediatly closing the poll, especially considering the very undecisive result. On the other hand, I'm completely sure that r3p didn't have any bad intentions.

Anyway, r3p has clearly made up his mind, and I don't think ppl mind JE that much, since it's a balanced level that everyone knows very well.
Yet I think there was enough time to vote. I don't think he's forced to set a deadline and notifying people. 3 days should be enough anyway imo.

Banned

spaceboy is doing well so far

Nov 26, 2010, 08:43 AM
Yeah like Stijn said I forgot to set a deadline when made the poll. No big deal. Just had to rush things before going back to the army. I really don't care whether JE or BBLAIR get in the pool, so shut up again with the "evil jewish conspirator" ramblings.

JCF Member

Nov 26, 2010, 04:22 PM
But you are a jew and you are a conspirator.
so stfu rep!

Gamer Pryde Worldwide