Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Somewhat of a call for help.

JCF Member

Sonyk is doing well so far

Mar 26, 2005, 03:11 PM
Somewhat of a call for help.

I'm just plain annoied by how so many people aren't satisfied with what they get.

Today, a few times, I've been testing my quiz level online, and it's gone well often, except for how uncooperative people are. Sure, it's a neusance, but what are you going to do?

But, that wasn't all. People seemed to be out to destroy all normality, and hack my server, using wall hacks, cheating programs, the works. Sure, it's okay to do in some places, but when asked not to, it's a good idea NOT TO. So, I kindly asked them to leave, second time kick, third time ban. I banned at least 4 people before the worst came. DOS attacks. So, I had to completely stop my test.

So, I've come this far. For every person who enters my servers I shall record their IP. If they cheat or hack, I shall put their used name on a list, in additon to their IP, and release it the community. Then, it's up to all of you to do whatever you want.

I hate having to stoop to this level, but some people deserve it, and I for one do not like being hacked, as I'm sure I'm not the only one either.

JCF Member

Mar 26, 2005, 06:13 PM
The current list:

Content removal. I don't think that this sort of list is appropriate. I understand that people were getting on your nerves today but trying to blacklist them on the community message board is somewhat of a personal attack and in my opinion not the correct method in this case. Give it a few days and try again and I'd expect things to go much smoother. Perhaps today was just a bad day, the little I played online I was annoying because I was randomly banned from multiple servers before I downloaded the level. Mostly due to the fact that I joined under a random alias.

Bobby

Last edited by Bobby aka Dizzy; Mar 26, 2005 at 08:29 PM.
Lark

JCF Member

Lark has disabled reputation

Mar 27, 2005, 09:40 AM
It happens to everyone, unfortunately.. while hosting a 5v5 game yesterday a ghostbot joined my server and renamed a well-liked community member to something really vulgar. Furthermore, I honestly can not remember the last time I hosted a server and someone didn't hack the password on it and join. It's really getting out of hand, and I agree people should stop hacking.

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Mar 27, 2005, 10:06 AM
A lot of people are hacking the game lately. Sadly, it's just an easy game to hack.
Lately I've been getting nailed by DoS attakcs. But guess what? I do more than just record their IP. ;p

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Mar 27, 2005, 10:07 AM
Those quizzes are hard. ;P
Maybe you should also make your lvls are better and more interesting like adding a race to the end of the lvl. The winner gets to answer first. Also, put in more eyecandy, more rewards, etc. Don't forget to give ppl coins so they can buy stuff for..er..I dunno. A very important thing is to make sure that the boxes are un-enterable after the game starts. Use a different tileset. Add a Hall of Fame. Enable a rating system for spectators. This should keep those hackers busy. ;P

JCF Member

Mar 27, 2005, 10:23 AM
Well, that was exactly what I tried, every one of those things, in a private server. And I would've done it if *someone* hadn't hacked it. Locked up my PC too, and the changes I made in JCF were lost, for some reason...

People DOS attacked me because I locked the boxes. People haxed me because they didn't like how it was run. Personally, I think they shouldn't be allowed to play if they act that way.

Though I did step out of line by posting that list. I'm sorry I did it, but when enraged, I usually don't have a good outlet... ah well.
R3ptile

Banned

R3ptile is doing well so far

Mar 27, 2005, 11:00 AM
Just run ApprehendJJ2 while hosting, that might work.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Mar 27, 2005, 11:02 AM
Can we post IP numbers?

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Mar 27, 2005, 11:05 AM
Sonyk did, but his post got edited.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Mar 27, 2005, 11:09 AM
Sonyk posted names.

JCF Member

Mar 27, 2005, 11:15 AM
Well, some sort of "past offences list" would be a good idea, but I dunno if the admins would agree with me. I could host it on my website, but I doubght that'd do much good.

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Mar 27, 2005, 11:27 AM
I don't care what people's IPs are. And personally I don't think you have the right to post someone's IP publically, you should not do it. Do the right thing and report the IP to one of the JJ2 admins.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

JCF Member

Mar 27, 2005, 11:38 AM
Tubz, there are no JJ2 admins. We control our own servers. There are J2O and JCF admins, and listserver admins, but no JJ2 admins. I personally find that if you so need to block known hackers and cheaters, you should have the ability to do so. But since it's possible, I would recommend just using software to help you stop them.

JCF Member

LittleFreak is doing well so far

Mar 27, 2005, 11:44 AM
I'd actually find it a pretty good idea to post the names up here, but the administration doesn't agree. :-/

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Mar 27, 2005, 12:20 PM
Submit the IP's to a serverlist administrator such as Nimrod and they'll see what they can do.

Banned

R3ptile is doing well so far

Mar 27, 2005, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraptor
Submit the IP's to a serverlist administrator such as Nimrod and they'll see what they can do.
I don't think that Nimrod and the others could do much more than banning them from the list servers, but however banned players are still able to use J2O's GIP script.

JCF Veteran

Mar 27, 2005, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyk
Tubz, there are no JJ2 admins. We control our own servers. There are J2O and JCF admins, and listserver admins, but no JJ2 admins. I personally find that if you so need to block known hackers and cheaters, you should have the ability to do so. But since it's possible, I would recommend just using software to help you stop them.
Oh yes! I meant the listserver admins...I thought that was implied. What is the reason for the JJ2 script at J2O?

"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

JCF Member

Mar 27, 2005, 02:32 PM
The GIP script at J2O is to state the current games online. It's not only on J2O.

JCF Veteran

Mar 28, 2005, 07:55 AM
Well, then It's ok to have it or get rid of it....but don't make it so you can just download a server and join it.