Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJA

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Mar 24, 2004, 01:07 PM
JJA

Could someone explain the plot to me? In detail, not just a brief overview. I'm also interested in descriptions/pictures of this "Zoe Cottontail" person. Anyone?

JCF Member

Iam Canadian is doing well so far

Mar 24, 2004, 02:52 PM
Okay. JJA takes place sometime in the future of the Jazz series. Jazz now works for something called R.A.B.T which is presumably some kind of intergalactic police force. The game begins with Jazz captured by chameleons on Chameleon World, on some mission or other. After he escapes and defeats the Chemeleon King, he gets a call from his boss, Margsly, to go to Carrotopolis, a city. Some stuff and levels happen, and he eventually discovers the turtles are the masterminds of this attack. After some more levels, he recieves a transmission from Dark Shell, who tells Jazz he's kidnapped Zoe Cottontail. Jazz mentions he thought he killed Dark Shell before, so this game presumably takes place quite a ways into the future of JJ2. After even more levels, Jazz finally defeats Dark Shell and gets a date from Zoe. Zoe Cottontail is a kind of weapons merchant who works for R.A.B.T, who Jazz is in love with. (Ooh, Jazz is CHEATING!) She doesn't do much but get kidnapped by Shell late on, and isn't nearly as witty as Eva. I miss Eva...

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Mar 24, 2004, 03:21 PM
By the way, that mission was going to be Jazz's last mission, but he changes his mind after he beats Dark Shell. And, Zoe admits the only reason she didn't just exit the cage she was "trapped" in was that she wanted a hero. (None of the cages have locks, which is how Jazz escapes to begin the game and Zoe could have walked out on Dark Shell.)

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Mar 24, 2004, 03:35 PM
I am a master Googler.

She stole that shirt from the Jetsons!

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
Dark_rhyhorn

JCF Member

Dark_rhyhorn has disabled reputation

Mar 24, 2004, 05:42 PM
I think JJA take place in a different universe than JJ2. More of a spin off.

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 24, 2004, 09:37 PM
Interesting. Thanks.

...is it just me or is that background the same two hearts pasted over and over?

How do Zoe and Jazz talk? What are their personalities like? Any quotes?

Last edited by Violet CLM; Mar 24, 2004 at 09:49 PM.
TaZaR

JCF Member

TaZaR is doing well so far

Mar 25, 2004, 12:36 AM
JJA

I think it's not a future of jazz, but it's his past, I think... So why? Because there's no Eva, and after JJ2 she's Jazz's wife. There's nothing any information about Eva... She's devorced from jazz!? I don't think it... So it's the past, or an alternative time, I think. =) Oh, and there's spaz (!) too in his JJ2 outfit for a short weapon shop scene...
So, I don't really like this game, becouse there's no Spaz, Eva, Lori, Devan, Bird or any other main character... But there's Darkshell with his soliders from star wars, and it's a good idea. The main thing I don't like is the gameplay, it's similar as Earthworm Jim, but there's less things and ideas... So, as Haze sad in his page: "It's not a JJ game, but a not bad platform game" =)

http://projectx.fateback.com/

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Mar 25, 2004, 04:18 AM
Is there something different between Dark Shell or Devan?

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Mar 25, 2004, 06:22 AM
Devan is way 1337er.

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Mar 25, 2004, 06:39 AM
I imagine that there was a disaster in which Eva and Lori died, and Jazz hated being a king anymore, so he joined R.A.B.T. to forget about the past. Dark Shell and Devan Shell were the ones responsible for that, so Jazz attempted to destroy them once and for all. But Dark Shell manged to survive... It's just my wild imagination. Probably the truth is that nobody from Jaleco ever tried to know the story of previous JJs.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Mar 25, 2004, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam Canadian
Self-explanative.
Shiverz CC

JCF Member

Shiverz CC is doing well so far

Mar 25, 2004, 10:46 AM
Has it ever occured it could be a Jazz from the past when he was a teen

JJST
Demo Completion - 90%
Game Completion - 30%

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 25, 2004, 04:43 PM
Soldier of Fortune & Seeker of Justice Jazz Jackrabbit... ~JJ1 Manual
"One who will serve in any army..." ~Dictionary.com

"What do you have against RABBITS?" ~Eva, JJ1 Manual. If turtles and rabbits were fighting just a few years ago, wouldn't Eva know about it?

"Besides, there's a really sexy woman involved, and this soldier of fortune stuff gets pretty lonely..." ~Jazz, JJ1 Manual. What happened to Zoe? No mention?

"And you betacha I'll take her, Padre! I do! I do! I do!" ~Jazz, JJ2 manual. If he had already been with Zoe, wouldn't he be a little less reckless here?
Flamepanther

JCF Member

Flamepanther has disabled reputation

Mar 25, 2004, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiverz CC
Has it ever occured it could be a Jazz from the past when he was a teen
Not when he's a seasoned soldier talking about retirement at the beginning of the game.
TaZaR

JCF Member

TaZaR is doing well so far

Mar 26, 2004, 03:14 PM
JJA

I've seen the creators website, and they had seen, "we had remade the JJ game to one of the best platform games of GBA"
So, it's a remake. Not a future, not a past, it's a remake, it's an alternate past/present/future I think. And I don't really like it...

http://projectx.fateback.com/

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Mar 27, 2004, 03:37 AM
And that's what makes it sad.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)