Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Cheating issues

ColdMetal

JCF Member

ColdMetal is doing well so far

Jun 9, 2012, 09:17 PM
Cheating issues

I'm not sure where exactly this should be posted, so I think this board is most appropiate.

Anyway, a player by the name of Omar was causing some trouble on the Zeal Beta server a little while ago. At first I dismissed it as having a lot of ammo stocked up (this was on a LRS mode map) and my own relatively high ping, but within the couple matches I was present in, he was able to fly without a Fly Carrot (none of which were on any of the maps I observed this behavior in) and fire at a rate impossible by conventional means (to the point where it looked like about four bouncers were being launched simultaneously at an insane rate of fire -- far beyond what is possible when having maxed-out Auto Fire power-ups).

When I asked how he was able to fly, he actually flat-out stated he "used the cheats".

I'm not sure about the exact means being used, but I think any anti-cheat measures present on that server will have to be checked again. At this rate, I'll have to remember to run video capturing software when playing JJ2 online.
ColdMetal

JCF Member

Jun 9, 2012, 10:19 PM
I found Omar again on Zeal Alpha later this evening, and he was pulling the same tricks as before. However, he's going so far as to kind of tell others how to do the same (using a program, from the sound of it), so dealing with this as soon as possible is probably a good idea.
ColdMetal

JCF Member

Jun 9, 2012, 10:49 PM
I found Omar again on The Server, though strangely someone else got targeted by the anti-cheating measures present and not him. I eventually convinced him to stop with the cheating however, but I think this is still a situation which calls for investigation.

JCF Member

Lithium is an asset to this forum

Jun 10, 2012, 12:46 AM
You should probably post stuff like this on jj.net forums or directly contact Zeal admins.

JCF Member

Sean is a forum legendSean is a forum legend

Jun 10, 2012, 12:50 AM
Sounds like Hakum Anyway, this isn't the right board for it, as the people of JCF do not manage the Zeal servers, you might want to check on the competitive JJ2 website jazzjackrabbit.net, and even more specifically these two videos containing proof of a player named Hakum using infinite ammo and possibly a player tracking program called Radar.

EDIT: Lith you ninja

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jun 10, 2012, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Sounds like Hakum
No it doesn't...?

Don't worry about ZA cheaters, they get bored fast.

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Jun 10, 2012, 04:43 AM
to catching players cheating online computer games, kick and explain rules prior to gameplay, or ping their ip address to lag.

JCF Member

Sean is a forum legendSean is a forum legend

Jun 10, 2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
No it doesn't...?

Don't worry about ZA cheaters, they get bored fast.
I didn't mean to imply Hakum was cheating on ZA, I'm just saying the situation is a lot like Hakum. Apart from the whole admitting it thing.

JCF Member

Jgke is an asset to this forumJgke is an asset to this forum

Jun 10, 2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRSplat View Post
or ping their ip address to lag.
also hack write a gui in visual basic to track they're ip and install gentoo on there computer
europorsche914

JCF Member

europorsche914 is doing well so far

Jun 10, 2012, 04:21 PM
I dont mean to be blunt but if you dont like cheating than start your own server and boot him when he does it..
ColdMetal

JCF Member

Jun 10, 2012, 04:27 PM
The servers in question have a strict rule against it, but I digress. I know where to contact the server admins now.