Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJ2+ (Updated June 30, 2010)

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Jul 8, 2009, 05:29 AM
I think the laser gun is a dumb and horrible idea to my interests and should actually be modified to become a revolver or some type. Put that in the next update.

Make him look like that.

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this
DanZeal

JCF Member

DanZeal is an asset to this forum

Jul 8, 2009, 08:34 AM
Make the level download also contain the music.
Maybe a bad and laggy idea.

ZStats
"The myth that women should not lift heavy is advanced only by women who fear effort and men who fear women." Eric Midkiff
Ragnarok!

JCF Member

Ragnarok! is a forum legendRagnarok! is a forum legend

Jul 8, 2009, 10:01 AM
A possible suggestion: Add a command that allows you to change the amount of food needed for obtaining sugar rush? Could be fun/handy.

Possibly allow sugar rush to have immunity in an on/off setting too like it does in SP?

JCF Member

TechnoPauluz is doing well so far

Jul 9, 2009, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
A possible suggestion: Add a command that allows you to change the amount of food needed for obtaining sugar rush? Could be fun/handy.

Possibly allow sugar rush to have immunity in an on/off setting too like it does in SP?
WTF can u read my mind? I was just working this out in word before I did read your post hahaha!

Anyway I 100% support that Idea!

Here is a picture of what was on my mind
If that would be done... WOOOT

JCF Member

Jul 9, 2009, 08:04 PM
...No.

Ragnarok!

JCF Member

Jul 11, 2009, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
...No.
Dude, please just get lost, and remove yourself from the face of the internet. Many people on JCF have a problem with you, not only because you're an idiot, but you're just blatantly rude.

Above, is a clear example, the dude who posted clearly put in a lot of effort, and while some ideas stated may seem silly, you have to be a moron about it, but I guess that's in your nature. You're just an idiot aren't you?

What else? Since you're a fool, you enjoy posting on JCF to discourage others? Every post I've seen from you has always been annoying to one person or the other, and you're of no help to the J2O community. You don't even play the game, and if you do, you're probably crap at it. Not that this matters, the real subject is that you're a brain-dead moron.

I'm eager to see your stupid response to this too, because you're clearly a piece of (-)(-)(-)(-) that noone likes. I think people can back me up when I say, you really need to learn when to shut the (-)(-)(-)(-) up.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jul 11, 2009, 07:00 AM
Quote:
I think the laser gun is a dumb and horrible idea to my interests and should actually be modified to become a revolver or some type. Put that in the next update.

Make him look like that.
...No.
Quote:
a rant full of win
...Yes.

JCF Member

Sonyk is doing well so far

Jul 11, 2009, 08:25 AM
Besides, TechnoPauluz's idea is actually pretty good, even if the image is a little hacked together. Seeing when other people have a sugar rush if they have invincibility on would only be fair, and effects like glowing (though probably hard to implement) would be pretty neat and useful.

JCF Member

Jul 11, 2009, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Dude, please just get lost, and remove yourself from the face of the internet. Many people on JCF have a problem with you, not only because you're an idiot, but you're just blatantly rude.

Above, is a clear example, the dude who posted clearly put in a lot of effort, and while some ideas stated may seem silly, you have to be a moron about it, but I guess that's in your nature. You're just an idiot aren't you?

What else? Since you're a fool, you enjoy posting on JCF to discourage others? Every post I've seen from you has always been annoying to one person or the other, and you're of no help to the J2O community. You don't even play the game, and if you do, you're probably crap at it. Not that this matters, the real subject is that you're a brain-dead moron.

I'm eager to see your stupid response to this too, because you're clearly a piece of (-)(-)(-)(-) that noone likes. I think people can back me up when I say, you really need to learn when to shut the (-)(-)(-)(-) up.
lol

JCF Member

Jul 11, 2009, 12:03 PM
Quote:
lol
Dermo, you can better go buy some lolly's and go play outside in the sandbox with your little friends.

But anyway... good to see that there are other well thinking people that like the idea!

Last edited by TechnoPauluz; Jul 11, 2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Ehm... do u have friends?

JCF Member

Jul 11, 2009, 12:14 PM
Ok I admit I should've given further explanation as to why I was against that idea. And I do have my reasons. Either way, I was laughing so hard when I saw Hunter's post. I like a challenge. So let us blow this way up. Way, way, way up.

Old Jul 11, 2009, 12:47 PM
Ragnarok!
This message has been deleted by Ragnarok!.

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Jul 12, 2009, 07:31 PM
Man. I came back from vacation and saw that there were new posts about JJ2+ and hoped to see new interesting ideas about the future of Jazz.

But no, it's actually a flamewar.

I'm disappointed in you all.

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jul 13, 2009, 07:28 AM
Grytolle made something very much like that, it's never been integrated into jj2+ for whatever reason though.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Jul 13, 2009, 10:53 AM
it was gry-style coding: working but unstable

it'd require quite some effort to bugfix and integrate it in jj2+, so blur is postponing it!

...also I dont remember any sorting functions

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Jul 13, 2009, 10:08 PM
That's actually a fair idea. I'd support the adding of something like that (or similar) in JJ2+.

I can't quite condone Rag's massive post of flaming pwnage, but seriously Dermo... you have saddened me. Have a video, and realize that it's talking about you. Except you're not funny.

[Warning: Video contains adult language]

JCF Member

Jul 14, 2009, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ninja View Post
Have a video,
Great reaction I loved the video !

JCF Member

Jul 15, 2009, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ninja View Post
That's actually a fair idea. I'd support the adding of something like that (or similar) in JJ2+.

I can't quite condone Rag's massive post of flaming pwnage, but seriously Dermo... you have saddened me. Have a video, and realize that it's talking about you. Except you're not funny.

[Warning: Video contains adult language]
video was funny. I must say though sorry BN. I don't even think I realize when I'm doing it. My earlier posts...duh I was around 12 when I started posting here.

But I like how one person voices an opinion and everybody who has been pretty laid back before all of the suddenly agrees with it. That's quite sheepish of the community.

With that, I would like to state that the reason I don't like the idea is because a flashing name would get quite annoying. I hate it when people mess with my name on a server because it's a destruction of originality and creativity.

JCF Member

djazz is OFF DA CHARTdjazz is OFF DA CHARTdjazz is OFF DA CHART

Jul 15, 2009, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Really? Can I have more information?
Of course you can! Is an example enough?
Just check out the Games In Progress list i and Grytolle made.
I implented the sorting by name/private/version/gamemode/players/uptime feature a time ago to it, the ping got no sorting because it's dynamic.
You can also press my signature image to find the GIP.
Hope you like it!
Level Packer v2 - With a GUI!
PHP Tileset Compiler

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jul 15, 2009, 08:23 AM
Quote:
I hate it when people mess with my name on a server because it's a destruction of originality and creativity
DR MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Jul 15, 2009, 01:35 PM
Aside from the 80% CPU usage (pretty fast, but no dual core CPU here) it's pretty darn fantastic indeed. Imagine this inside JJ2 (which uses 100% CPU anyway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyk View Post
...effects like glowing (though probably hard to implement) would be pretty neat and useful.
Seeing as how the 1up glows very shiny, I think this could possibly be easier to implement than you would think at first.

JCF Member

Jul 15, 2009, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Hope you like it!
It looks great indeed but but something I saw inmediatly is that the uptimebox is a bit to small when servers are running a long time. Look at the picture to see what I mean.

Quote:
Seeing as how the 1up glows very shiny, I think this could possibly be easier to implement than you would think at first.
If that can be succesful used to give an sugar rush indication that would be great!

JCF Member

Jul 15, 2009, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoPauluz View Post
It looks great indeed but but something I saw inmediatly is that the uptimebox is a bit to small when servers are running a long time.
It's on my todo list!
EDIT: updated

It would also be nice if you could see who is spectator (JJ2+), but it's impossible with this code
PHP Tileset Compiler

Last edited by djazz; Jul 15, 2009 at 11:08 PM.

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Jul 16, 2009, 02:00 AM
Hmmm... it appears to me the CPU usage of that GiP script could be reduced significantly if all those timers (2 per server plus one for the refresh if I'm correct... that makes 17 at the moment) were merged into just one that calls 3 functions:
-one to reduce the refresh timer (and perform the refresh at -1 of course)
-one to loop through the servers and increase their uptimes with one second
-one to loop through the servers to ping them

Which, I admit, isn't a simple, but still a very easy-to-perform change in the JS code as you've got all the functional code already there.

Anyway, this thread is about JJ2+, so I'll shut up about this here... fortunately vBulletin has a PM feature.

One final note: as I've stated in numerous threads already, the JJ2 GiP list could definitely use a complete overhaul, preferably with co-operation of the listservers.

EDIT:
And why would you loop twice through the servers? You could even merge the last two points on my list into one =D

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jul 16, 2009, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrythabest View Post
One final note: as I've stated in numerous threads already, the JJ2 GiP list could definitely use a complete overhaul, preferably with co-operation of the listservers.
And as I have stated numerous times, this is on the todo list and currently work in progress.

JCF Member

Jul 16, 2009, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Hmmm... it appears to me the CPU usage of that GiP script could be reduced significantly if all those timers (2 per server plus one for the refresh if I'm correct... that makes 17 at the moment) were merged into just one that calls 3 functions:
-one to reduce the refresh timer (and perform the refresh at -1 of course)
-one to loop through the servers and increase their uptimes with one second
-one to loop through the servers to ping them

Which, I admit, isn't a simple, but still a very easy-to-perform change in the JS code as you've got all the functional code already there.
Good idea, I put it on todo

Quote:
You mean, that the GiP lists should be combined or work together, and that the programmers should work together to one complete GiP? or am I completely wrong?
PHP Tileset Compiler

JCF Member

Jul 17, 2009, 03:42 AM
Quote:
...Also, as most community members have already switched to Plus, I think that a cooperation with the list server shouldn't be impossible. It's clearly stated here that custom game modes could possibly be supported by the listserver and now that we finally have them semi-implemented into JJ2 it might be the time to implement them into the lists too. No more "unknown", just 'clear' (or at least more to-the-point) things like "Race" "Co-op" "LRS" "Pestilence" "XLRS" "RT" "DCTF" "JB" "FR" "GF" "Hotel". Of course clearer names are fine too. It's just not fair to call GroundForce a Treasure Hunt game D:

For more event ideas, just put a PM in my inbox (causing a mail in my mailbox which in turn causes a popup on my monitor) and I'll get my RRR concept ideas to see what kind of events my brains have produced in the past.
That's pretty much the main idea. Only the link in this quote appears to be no longer publicly available.

And it's very good to hear they're working on it

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Jul 23, 2009, 09:33 AM
I've noticed that when a player is swapped to a different team after passing a trigger zone, the trigger can stay open for them. It seems to me that this could cause problems in various gamemodes. Perhaps switching teams should also reset one's triggers? Although I don't know if this would cause other problems if trigger crates were involved and everyone was supposed to have a trigger on.

Also, does Plus currently allow for a player to be affected by a teammate's tnt?

Ragnarok!

JCF Member

Jul 23, 2009, 09:44 AM
You could do that all manually... Though probably youre thinking automatically;

/ptrigger (playernumber) all off [will turn off all triggers on designated player]
/friendlyfire on [works with plusonly, but at the same time, not only TNT will affect team mates then]

JCF Member

Jul 23, 2009, 10:06 AM
Quote:
You could do that all manually... Though probably youre thinking automatically;

/ptrigger (playernumber) all off [will turn off all triggers on designated player]
Yeah, I know you can change triggers manually. I'm just messing around with some conceptual levels on JCS and immediately after a player spawns they can be redirected by various triggers, and I don't think I can type that fast. But the level's probably going to end up too complicated and fairly unplayable, and I guess just doing it manually might be the best solution.

And thanks for /friendlyfire on

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

Jul 23, 2009, 10:21 AM
Automatically resetting all of client's triggers has the potential to cause even more problems. I created special trigger zones (see section in readme) specifically to address trigger issues, particularly those dealing with team-based triggers and clients automatically inheriting the server's triggers.

Players changing teams isn't an issue in most levels using team-based triggers since the player will typically pass by the correct trigger zone after respawning. I would assume this a common practice since even if you use what was commonly called the JAIL2 concept (see the Advanced section in this article) to get around clients always inheriting the server's triggers, you would probably want to make the level so that a player with bad triggers receives the correct ones after spawning for the second time. If any level you encounter doesn't do this, you may want to tell the author to make the change.
ATB Contest. Scripting Language.
Gameplay Theories.
1UP. Pitfall. Desolation.
SC2.

JCF Member

Jul 23, 2009, 03:14 PM
Hey how about an
/allspaz on|off
/alljazz on|off

It may already exist although I couldn't find it in the command list.

JCF Member

Jul 23, 2009, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlurredD View Post
Automatically resetting all of client's triggers has the potential to cause even more problems. I created special trigger zones (see section in readme) specifically to address trigger issues, particularly those dealing with team-based triggers and clients automatically inheriting the server's triggers.

Players changing teams isn't an issue in most levels using team-based triggers since the player will typically pass by the correct trigger zone after respawning. I would assume this a common practice since even if you use what was commonly called the JAIL2 concept (see the Advanced section in this article) to get around clients always inheriting the server's triggers, you would probably want to make the level so that a player with bad triggers receives the correct ones after spawning for the second time. If any level you encounter doesn't do this, you may want to tell the author to make the change.
Thanks, but my issue wasn't with people inheriting the server's triggers. I just was experimenting with a level myself on a server and passed the team triggers when I was on the blue team, then swapped. Then I passed the triggers for the red team. After swapping, I was able to access both areas normally closed to blue and normally closed to red. But I realize that swapping doesn't normally happen mid-game, and the solution would be much worse than the problem. As an afterthought, you should probably ignore the issue altogether.

On another note, I did also find a problem that would be worth fixing.

While testing, I opened two windows and joined my own server. The level had a Jazz/Spaz morph in it. They morphed just fine, but then I killed one while he was still morphed into Jazz. When he respawned, he looked like Spaz again to himself, but on the other screen, he still seemed to be Jazz. Although it didn't affect the gameplay, it was a bit confusing to see Spaz hovering and Jazz uppercutting sideways.

JCF Member

Jul 24, 2009, 02:31 PM
Bug confirmed. I ran into that while experimenting for the JJ2 Machinima too.

JCF Member

Jul 24, 2009, 09:04 PM
I like it that way actually it's rather funny.

That's why I join 1.23 servers with TEC then play as Lori. The animations are so weird for the other players it's cool.

JCF Member

Raven aka StL should make better posts

Jul 25, 2009, 01:41 AM
That's as old as a common bug gets.
It's no big deal, so no-one has bothered to lift a finger to fix it.
Although there might be some programs that do.

JCF Member

Jul 25, 2009, 02:12 AM
*lifts a finger to have it fixed*

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Jul 25, 2009, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Louis View Post
That's as old as a common bug gets.
It's no big deal, so no-one has bothered to lift a finger to fix it.
Although there might be some programs that do.
The only reason DrMoo is having that sprite bug is because he is using a stupid program to mess around with it.

JJ2+ allows you to join 1.23 servers when running 1.24 (or vice versa) as long as it's enabled in the server. You shouldn't get any sprite problems from this, since JJ2+ fixed that problem a long time ago.

However, if you use some program like TEC to join the server, it will probably give sprite bugs. That's TEC's problem.

Visit My JJ2 Blog (HOLD YOUR HORSES I'M WORKING ON IT SHEESH)

JCF Member

Jul 25, 2009, 03:15 PM
I got the problem simply by joining the server and doing some morphing... so what you are saying there isn't correct.

JCF Member

Jul 25, 2009, 04:28 PM
he wants it to be synchronized so all the clients look the same to each other. So Jazz doesn't look like Spaz to another player and vice versa. Personally, though, I don't see what the big deal is.

As for EvilMike, i like that unique look I get when I join with TEC

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Jul 26, 2009, 11:09 AM
Quote:
I got the problem simply by joining the server and doing some morphing... so what you are saying there isn't correct.
morphing how?