Some basic advice for J2O Newcomers (who are all welcome, of course!).
– DO NOT flame people in reviews. Try to be as fair and objective as possible!
It doesnt matter WHO made a certain level (if its your friend or not),
the only thing that matters is the quality.
– DO NOT use the reviews page as a discussion forum or for comments.
If you really have more to say, edit your review and edit your
– Please write only ONE REViEW per upload (see above).
– Always use the re-upload/edit info function to correct mistakes like uploading
a wrong version or level bugs.
– Always include a small readme text file that includes basic information
about your upload (who made the tileset? who made the music? always give
credits if you include files made by other people!).
It is important to mention if the tileset was made by you or someone else
(because it could affect your rating!).
– DO NOT upload non-Jazz-related stuff! It will be deleted anyways.
– DO NOT rate things like the original Jazz1 music or a patch for Jazz1
made by other people.
– Don’t bother the public with real bad levels or tilesets. You have to work
at least 10 hours on a good level/tileset (except your name is Disguise,
of course). Beta-test your levels online or by showing to your friends
BEFORE you publish it at J2O.
– ALWAYS include custom tilesets (except the MEZ tilesets) and the
custom music (if there is any) in your ZiP archive. Others may not
have those tilesets or other versions of it.
– DO NOT use ASCII characters in user- and filenames.
– DO NOT name your levels “battle1.j2l”. Simply make unique names
so that people with a large level collection don’t have to
overwrite other files.
– ALWAYS include single player start positions in your levels so that
the reviewers can test them offline.
– DO NOT create multiple usernames for one person if possible.
It is confusing and costs J2O webspace.
– If you want to post levels or tilesets or something else made by
someone else (your friend or whoever) make him or her AN OWN username
with an own password.
ALL THAT SAVES J2O WEBSPACE AND THEREFORE WILL MAKE IT LIVE LONGER.
Stay clean, guys. Thanks.
Aiko (“J2O rocks!”).
I may add something to this list anytime. And i would really re-commend this list of points to all newcomers as a MUST-READ. To make J2O even better! :-)
Eat your lima beans, Johnny.