|xlmriparius.j2l||Riparius Ridge||32.16 kB||19 Dec 2021|
|xlmriparius2.j2t||Riparius Ridge||284.78 kB||23 Feb 2020|
|xlmriparius.j2as||2.45 kB||19 Dec 2021|
|lemonade-snowmelt.mo3||100.07 kB||14 Sep 2015|
|MLLE-Include-1.5.asc||12.62 kB||19 Dec 2021|
|xlmriparius-MLLE-Data-1.j2l||MLLE Extra Data||7.46 kB||19 Dec 2021|
|xlmriparius-MLLE-Data-2.j2l||MLLE Extra Data||7.40 kB||19 Dec 2021|
A caved-in frozen ridge, turned into a CTF arena. With unfortunate creatures trapped in the ice below.
Recommended for 3vs3, although 2vs2 might work also.
Made for JJ2.net CTF map contest.
22-12-2021: Major update
- Drastic changes to eyecandy.
- More ammo.
- Map is made less big.
Whilst being a very large map it does serve it’s purpose. There is plenty of eyecandy and a lot paths to traverse. Might be slightly too big for 3v3’s, but the gameplay is fun nevertheless. The map itself is quite open which might increase the airhit factor. Besides blaster and toaster powerups might not have enough firepower for this kind of size.
Copy pasted from contest feedback, note this is rated on its suitability for 2v2/3v3
+ Some unique layout in aspects (great mix of open and closed spaces)
+ Cool use of pinball
+ Cool PU scheme, although I’d like to see more fastfires if you wanna balance blaster out
+ Best flow of all the entries I’d say
- Perhaps too tall as a level, although the pinball events do remedy it directly at the middle
- Some ammo placement could definitely use reworking;
• two bouncer patches pretty much right next to eachother, above and behind bases
• seeker ammo patch at 108, 29 (and corresponding symmetrical section) in a pretty powerful chokepoint… not really too counterable
• don’t really like mixed ammo patches in the level
- I personally don’t like the areas below/behind bases and feel like truncating or removing them slightly would make this level feel less massive
I recommend 3v3 ONLY
Seems to cause a lot of crashes
From contest feedback:
+ Inspiring level theme and impressive visuals
+ Uncommon and interesting powerup choices, balanced pickups in general
+ The movable carrot gives more room for strategic play around it
- The flow is rather quirky and hard to get used to, lots of climbing on the sides of the level
- Some areas require very precise movement like the middle with blue spring and flipper pads
- The top of the level may get a bit campy and generally feels to be a bit isolated from the rest of the level (the level might be a bit too tall in general)
/ Playable in 3v3, not working in 2v2
Not rating it, because we’re in the same level group.
Eat your lima beans, Johnny.