Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » Site and Forum Rules, Questions & Feedback

This forum is pretty darn lame nowadays

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jun 24, 2007, 11:51 AM
The clan forum is pretty darn lame nowadays

Get a moderator there, or something, or at least some basic rules for that forum instead of Newspaz's sticky which is kind of ancient now, because that forum is getting worse than the Comedy Cafe when it comes to the spam :/

I'm not going to call out any names but some people there would have already been banned, or at least warned a lot, if they'd be spamming this much in, say, General Jazz Talk or misc.

Last edited by cooba; Jun 26, 2007 at 01:36 AM. Reason: tried to make it less confusing

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Jun 25, 2007, 09:04 AM
When you got used to DSWorld like me, this forum is a spamless afterlife.

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Jun 25, 2007, 10:16 AM
This was a relevant post. isn't newspaz in GPW? So yes this was a relevant post. Is he banned? Because i'd hate to see him gone

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Jun 25, 2007, 01:35 PM
What the (-), drmoo?

JCF Member

Jun 25, 2007, 05:27 PM
Ugh what is this thread about cuz i've read through it about 30 times and I still don't get it.

From what i'm getting out of it, apparently Newspaz posted a thread saying "this forum is pretty lame nowadays" in the Clan Talk subforum. Then it got moved here and the original post got deleted and Cooba posted saying that the spam level's getting out of hand. It's really confusing and I think i'm wrong on that.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jun 25, 2007, 06:14 PM
It's as simple as the note on top said - this thread used to be in the clan talk forum but was moved here as this is the place for feedback, not that forum. As such the first post should be read like it was posted in the clan forum. Cooba may want to edit his post to suit this forum better but in my opinion it's clear enough this way already.

If you'd have bothered to check that forum you'd have seen "Newspaz's sticky" that was mentioned in the first post and it'd probably have been clear for you. Perhaps next time it'd be a good idea to think a little for yourself first before asking others to do it for you

As for the topic, I agree. However, the clan talk forum has always been more or less a special case, considering the very subject of the forum is prone to cause heated discussions and fights. I'll make sure it's discussed somewhere soon, may the other admins (or Newspaz himself) choose not to reply here.

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Jun 26, 2007, 02:09 PM
Cooba's point is that the clan forum is a bit of a mess. A good example of it is my sticky thread that is quite outdated and has been on top of that forum for years now. It needs proper moderation.
R3ptile

Banned

R3ptile is doing well so far

Jun 30, 2007, 03:06 AM
I am here to volunteer!
Old Jun 30, 2007, 03:38 AM
cooba
This message has been deleted by cooba. Reason: This thread is going the wrong way
R3ptile

Banned

Jun 30, 2007, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
i'll nominate R3p and Gry
Gry would be biased. I'm more neutral.

And his signature is heavy and annoying.

JCF Member

Jun 30, 2007, 04:11 AM
I'd apologize for my heavy signature were it not for the sexyness of Stijn

Banned

Jun 30, 2007, 04:12 AM
Just so you know, it wasn't originally my idea but I thought about it and decided to go for it. The Clan Talk forum does indeed need some proper moderation by someone who's involved and pretty active.

I am aware some people might say I have a history of flaming or however you'd call it but it's all behind me.
I believe you know what an influence I've had on the clan scene over the years, so no use for much reasoning here. I'll just say I do have a lot of experience moderating forums; larger and more active than Clan Talk.

Last edited by R3ptile; Jun 30, 2007 at 04:34 AM.

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Jun 30, 2007, 07:11 AM
On second thought, I think all it needs is a good clean up. It's not very active now anyway.

JCF Member

Jun 30, 2007, 07:33 AM
An idea would be that this moderator also worked with the tournaments forum, since those two are so closely related

People tending to take part in ever fight ever to happen should not come in question for the post

JCF Member

Jun 30, 2007, 08:57 AM
I'm on everyday and I try to be the first to reply to USEFUL threads. Not to mention i OWN a forum.

And I try to keep things pretty well under control over there but since it doesn't have many members I don't really look at it daily as opposed to this forum i check about once every waking hour of the day.

EDIT: When i'm tired sometimes I'll post some dumb comments but I try to keep myself from taking comments too far. And a lot of times you'll find a moderator delete another moderator's post.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jul 1, 2007, 03:29 AM
Hint: I didn't want this thread to become a place for people to (-) for moderatorship ;|

JCF Member

Jul 1, 2007, 03:34 AM
The question would rather be if the admins of jcf think that's a good thing, though

JCF Member

Jul 2, 2007, 05:29 PM
idk. But JCF has REALLY slowed down. I say a new script should be made. If anybody goes 1 year without logging on or a single post, that account should be deleted because there's way too many inactive members.

FireSworD

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Jul 2, 2007, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3ptile View Post
I am aware some people might say I have a history of flaming or however you'd call it but it's all behind me.
I believe you know what an influence I've had on the clan scene over the years, so no use for much reasoning here. I'll just say I do have a lot of experience moderating forums; larger and more active than Clan Talk.
This guy is active, has a lot experience, cares about the game and contributed more than most anyone here.

JCF Member

Jul 2, 2007, 06:24 PM
oh yeah he's contributed just LOADS to the community

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Jul 2, 2007, 06:39 PM
A moderator needs to be neutral and not take a biased stance in any discussion despising what clan the moderator is in and how the moderator is involved in the ongoing discussion.

A moderator needs to be willing to moderate for the sake of helping the forum's staff than the power it gives. A moderator or even an administrator is not more of a person than any other member on the forum.

A moderator needs to be able to teamwork and therefore understand the principles set by the other moderators, understanding the systems created for editing and trust the overall moderation regardless of personal stance.

I'm not sure why Newspaz stopped moderating the forum back then because I thought he was doing a good job. I won't and neither should take a stance on who of the recent 'applicants' would make a good moderator but I would like to say that if the staff really is short an active moderator for the clan forum, just to keep it clean from personal attacks and update sticky threads frequently, I'd gladly lend a hand – knowing and being friend of most of the staff beforehand personally interested in supporting Frank’s site more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguise View Post
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!
FireSworD

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Jul 2, 2007, 08:31 PM
Although the above-stated rules are true, let us keep in mind the forum "leaders" are also human beings, not perfect machines bound to absoloute rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmoo View Post
oh yeah he's contributed just LOADS to the community
I was about to prove your sarcastic statement wrong, but then I felt this aura of pointlessness. Why
should I bother correcting someone who has the facts easily available to him?

Last edited by FireSworD; Jul 2, 2007 at 08:47 PM.

JCF Veteran

Jul 3, 2007, 01:12 AM
I'll be surprised if R3p manages to not be kicked out of powers in two months when he'll become a mod

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jul 3, 2007, 01:42 AM
There's still no consensus about whether we are gonna appoint a moderator or not (Frank being away for a few days and such) but I'd like to point out that in the past moderators and admins have always been chosen on a "don't ask us, we'll ask you" basis - volunteering in this thread is quite pointless. Nor does it do any harm, of course
Vegito

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Jul 3, 2007, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Hint: I didn't want this thread to become a place for people to (-) for moderatorship ;|
^^.

Anyway, Newspaz, the forum isn't very active like for example General Jazz Talk indeed. Just when Clan Talk gets active, it's VERY active for a while and you get flamewars/fights discussions to take care of.

I guess admins can take care of this themselves unless they are lazy =P

Ah, and I guess "a new mod" should know a bit of how the JJ2 scene looks now a days. =P

Administrator

Jul 3, 2007, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegito View Post
I guess admins can take care of this themselves unless they are lazy =P
Being the only active admin (Frank has mysteriously disappeared a while ago) I can assure you that it takes more time that what it looks like to take :P

JCF Member

Jul 3, 2007, 07:12 AM
I will just subscribe to threads and put my cell phone's email address in. So that way I'll get an immediate alert saying I have a new post I need to look into. And when i'm on the road, I can use my PSP to sign in (like i've done before on a few occasions).

Vegito

JCF Member

Jul 3, 2007, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STIJN View Post
Being the only active admin (Frank has mysteriously disappeared a while ago) I can assure you that it takes more time that what it looks like to take :P
Yeah well, I assumed there were more active admins these days.
Anyways, lets get some new mod then .
Wonder who's gonna be it

JCF Veteran

Jul 3, 2007, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegito View Post
Anyways, let's get some new mod then .
"let's"?
Old Jul 3, 2007, 12:11 PM
Vegito
This message has been deleted by Vegito. Reason: (-)(-)(-)
Vegito

JCF Member

Jul 3, 2007, 12:12 PM
My grammar is bad, I know.
It can be either let or let's now anyways I think?

Last edited by Vegito; Jul 3, 2007 at 12:24 PM.

JCF Member

Jul 3, 2007, 12:29 PM
Let's => Let us <-correct grammar

I hope Cooba was meaning to ask about the content of what you said, Veg

JCF Veteran

Jul 3, 2007, 01:54 PM
Well, "let's get a mod" sounds like the community was the one nominating and choosing its own mods..
Vegito

JCF Member

Jul 4, 2007, 01:53 AM
Heh, that's not what I meant I said to Stijn "get a new mod then" =P
Not that the community should nominate and choose the mods. :P

JCF Member

[GpW]Urbs is an asset to this forum

Jul 4, 2007, 09:14 AM
uhm, gry would do a good job imo. although i respect rep, I think gry is a lot better bcuz of his lack of temperament which we all love about rep, but which isn't really what you'd wanna see in a moderator on the clan subforum. especially since this part of jcf is probably the place where most of the rows get started...

but since im very inactive anyway, my opinion doesn't count for all that much anyway, besides I know both of them and I get along with both of them, so from my point of view any1 one of them is fine.

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

JCF Member

[GpW]Urbs is an asset to this forum

Jul 4, 2007, 09:20 AM
ohh and ya, what vegito said, get a new mod, don't ask us, show u can govern with an iron fist

btw vegito, isnt the dbz guy actually vegita?

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jul 4, 2007, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [GpW]Urbs View Post
btw vegito, isnt the dbz guy actually vegita?
I feel dirty for knowing this, but Vegito was the result when Vegita and Goku fused.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
R3ptile

Banned

Jul 4, 2007, 03:10 PM
Quote:
I'll be surprised if R3p manages to not be kicked out of powers in two months when he'll become a mod
I usually take my job very seriously, I'll just assume you do not know me well.

FYI, I have never been fired out of ANY job I've ever been given..

Last edited by R3ptile; Jul 4, 2007 at 03:38 PM.
R3ptile

Banned

Jul 4, 2007, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [GpW]Urbs View Post
although i respect rep, I think gry is a lot better bcuz of his lack of temperament which we all love about rep, but which isn't really what you'd wanna see in a moderator on the clan subforum.
I am not temperamental in contrary to the popular belief.. I just often tend to have "different" opinions.

..but let's remember how Gry often gets heavily furious when someone criticizes his clan.. which is something that is very likely to happen every now and then. Not to mention he does not even will to be a mod (as far as I know, at least), thus you folks may stop thinking we're competing each other here.

Peace.

Last edited by R3ptile; Jul 4, 2007 at 03:40 PM.

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Jul 4, 2007, 05:11 PM
As Stijn has explained, you're not competing here, either. No-one is. Although the administration does of course listen to suggestions.

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm

JCF Member

Jul 4, 2007, 08:02 PM
I suggest Gry should be the new moderator in that case.

Old Jul 5, 2007, 02:54 AM
cooba
This message has been deleted by FQuist. Reason: This post was either off-topic or an onconstructive "close the topic" message
Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:36 AM
MoonBlazE
This message has been deleted by FQuist. Reason: This post was either off-topic or an onconstructive "close the topic" message
Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:56 AM
Dermo
Old Jul 5, 2007, 07:09 AM
Grytolle
Old Jul 5, 2007, 07:11 AM
cooba
Old Jul 5, 2007, 07:37 AM
Dermo

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Jul 5, 2007, 10:14 AM
Quote:
I suggest you shut up and leave it to the staff already
I suggest you leave it to the staff to tell people what to say and what not to say. We value feedback so there's no reason not to propose people for moderatorship or have conversations about forum issues.

There's no reason to close this thread. Other than the spam created by people wanting it closed.

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm