Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Community Bonus Pack

R3ptile

Banned

R3ptile is doing well so far

Jun 14, 2004, 04:38 AM
Red face Community Bonus Pack

If Unreal Tournament 2004's community released their own pack, why can't we? Our community can make a great pack for JJ2 with a lots of levels - Single player, Battle, Capture The Flag and exclusive modes as "Shield Assault" (BlurredD made one level of this a while ago), and some known special modes as Assassination, Bank Robbery, JailBreak, etc.... Just think about it! It can be kinda cool to make our own pack and put there all of our 1337 skills, and show the world that JJ2 is alive!

Well, we can put there the following stuff:
- Special JJ2 episodes, we can use the old ones and make a J2E file for them, or make newers.
- Bank Robbery, JailBreak, Assassination, Assault and Ground Force levels.
- We can also put all the best CTF and Battle levels to a pack.
- New special tilesets and musics.

If you have any idea, and you're intersed, just post your mind here. It sounds similar to "Anniversary Bash", but the only difference is that it'll contain JJ2 episodes, more sexy game-modes, etc... Or better to say, much "worther". =)

Are you guys interesed?

By the way, we'll sort everything by its mode, for example; CTF-BBLAIR, BTL-CHOCLATELAMP, etc..

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jun 14, 2004, 04:40 AM
Red face

Show the world that jj2 is alive? The only people who would want to know that are the ones playing it already.
This isn't really different from a Bash pack with exclusive levels.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jun 14, 2004, 04:42 AM
I am about to make a new gametype

Besides, what would be point of making JJ2 pack by whole (or at least 50%)community? Who would be impressed by seeing it? Epic? No. UT2k4 users? No. Poor children in Iraqi? No.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jun 14, 2004, 04:43 AM
It is a nice idea though, but it would probably never be finished.
R3ptile

Banned

R3ptile is doing well so far

Jun 14, 2004, 04:47 AM
May we can make it instead of Anniversary Bash 7, and then we got a bit less than one year for this.
D4shRed

JCF Member

D4shRed has disabled reputation

Jun 14, 2004, 05:31 AM
Post it on every site that allows offsite linking. I know a Jazz Jackrabbit fan on DA. Try looking for fanclubs there! So Jazz is quite spreading ^^

I like the idea... But wouldn't it be a little "Very" big if around 500 levels were added?

JCF Member

LittleFreak is doing well so far

Jun 14, 2004, 05:42 AM
Nice idea
I'm already making a JJ2 Director's Cut (which is NOT a remake of Rabbit Honor Guard, I didn't even play it), maybe I can add it here when I'm ready

--------
JJ2 Director's Cut: 2 levels ready, 1 bonus level nearly finished

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jun 14, 2004, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHT2
(I didn't even play it)

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Jun 14, 2004, 09:27 AM
( And he didn't miss much, in my opinion. *cough* )

And I like the idea. As long as there will be Single Player levels, I like the idea.

JCF Member

Nimrod has disabled reputation

Jun 14, 2004, 10:46 AM
How can someone decided whats a community pak and not??

I could just make a new battle level in 5 seconds and call it Community Bonus Pak 564.

JCF Member

Pikawil is doing well so far

Jun 14, 2004, 01:47 PM
A community pack would have to be huge and godly!

Insane Character Tournament
Help populate my boards!<An image with an offensive word was removed.>

Banned

Odin is doing well so far

Jun 14, 2004, 01:53 PM
I suck at stuff like this because i'm imcompentent, but i'll submit a few of my (sucky) levels.

-ThO

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Jun 22, 2004, 01:33 PM
Sure, a community pack would be great for the community, but not for anyone else outside it. Besides, my lvls are good, but never good enough to be in a pack. Most ppl in the jj2 community won't actually benefit from the community pack as they will be left out.