Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » JJ2+ Issue Tracker

Vote for the Next Feature Update

View Poll Results: What sounds good for 6.7?
Cutscenes 0 0%
Graphical Chatlog 0 0%
More Scripting API 0 0%
Pinball 0 0%
Static Layers 7 77.78%
Translations 0 0%
Two New Gamemodes 1 11.11%
Weapons 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Violet CLM

Administrator

Joined: Mar 2001

Posts: 11,373

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Aug 3, 2026, 09:37 PM
Violet CLM is offline
Reply With Quote
Vote for the Next Feature Update

Something cool is coming up on Thursday, and afterwards I hope to finish off the 6.6 series with 6.6h, which cares about music. But after that the timeline gets a bit vague. There are a number of feature branches which are nearly ready, and no real obvious order for how to release them. So I guess why not just ask what y'all would like to see next?

(I will not be elaborating beyond the names at this time.)

(This is not a legally binding poll, something might take more work than expected and that would make it get delayed.)

(Poll does not include bug fixes, those get scattered into other releases basically at random.)
Violet CLM

Administrator

Joined: Mar 2001

Posts: 11,373

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Aug 23, 2026, 03:42 PM
Violet CLM is offline
Reply With Quote
Well, there's a clear winner here! Static Layers are still going to take some work to complete--there's collaboration, and also stuff needs to be done in MLLE, which I haven't touched in ages--but I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime, I suppose people may use this thread to speculate about what these enigmatic poll options might be talking about... getting hype, or something.
Violet CLM

Administrator

Joined: Mar 2001

Posts: 11,373

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Sep 30, 2026, 11:02 PM
Violet CLM is offline
Reply With Quote
This feels as good a place as any to mention that 6.7 may take a little while to show up. I've realized that I was trying to dedicate all my free time to JJ2+ for a good chunk of 2026, which was not good for my mental health in general or my relationship to JJ2+ specifically. Normally/naturally, I bounce around a lot among different projects, and trying to prevent myself from doing that just made me feel resentful... for things that were entirely my own choice. So I'm going to intentionally let myself do some more bouncing around--maybe some MLLE, maybe some level making, definitely some things that aren't JJ2-related--for a bit and see how that goes for getting back my gusto.

Only speaking for myself, of course; other people on the plus team may want to push out some features or fixes too, you never know.
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:45 AM.