Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Jazz Jackrabbit confessions

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Mar 3, 2015, 11:35 AM
Jazz Jackrabbit confessions

This place has been really stagnant lately, so time for a new discussion! It's about your experiences and thoughts with the franchise that no one else would've expected.

1. I play Lori because I get a thrill out of beating others whom consider her the weakest character. But I never thought she was as bad as others would make her out to be, considering when you are forced to use uppercut to reach areas, the level is usually Spaz-biased 90% the time anyway.
I'm no biggest fan however, as I feel she is very underdeveloped as a character. Also the inconsistency of her sprites bothers me a lot, especially with her gun, height and ponytail. While I do think her kick is cool, having Jazzes jump is boring and caused compatibility issues with some levels. But I will admit I'm proud of maining Lori, because I probably prompted the plus team to make her more fun (working fur colours and being able to go on copters!) and it feels awesome to break peoples expectations in online play (barring streetfight and ground-force). Though I think most of the crappiness from her is caused by the budget and time-constraints of TSF.

2. When I was 5 years old, I cried because I couldn't reach the flying C with Jazz in castle1n but didn't want to morph to Spaz. I can reach it very easily now.

3. I was godawful at tests. I could barely even pass the simple copter ear and sidekick tests.

4 I was a terrible player when I was little, as I would stand and shoot a lot, but isn't that to be expected?

5. I didn't know about TSF until 2008 or '09.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Mar 3, 2015, 04:16 PM
1. I lost every Jazz game I owned(2, TSF, GBA, possibly also CD) some time in the mid-2000s(I think they disappeared while moving houses). I re-bought TSF a few years ago, and stumbled upon a mint copy of Jazz CD a couple of years back.

2. I enjoyed JJGBA for the short time that I owned it.

3. My first exposure to Jazz2Online was when I was searching for more tilesets for Jazz 2.

4. I didn't realise how awesome Pull Back The Bass is until ~2009.

JCF Member

Metsys is doing well so far

Mar 3, 2015, 08:13 PM
1. Jazz Jackrabbit is what got me into composing music. I used to listen to MODs using Scream Tracker. I didn't realize you could actually compose music with it until I read that the music for Jazz was made using Scream Tracker. I absolutely adored the music in the game, and once I found out that I already had the tools sitting in my computer to do the same I started taking piano lessons and started learning music theory, hoping to get into the video game industry as a composer.

2. I could never beat Jazz 1 without cheating. The viewport is too small and you move too fast to see enemies quick enough to react. I always had to play on slomo mode. Oh, and I could never beat Orbitus without the hoverboard cheat, which kind of cemented my use of cheats throughout the game (although I understand now that it was a bug in the version of the game I had).

3. I think Jazz 2 is too easy for the same reason why Jazz 1 was too hard: the viewport.

4. When I was a kid I used to pretend I had Jazz in my backpack. Yay imaginary friends!

5. I didn't actually think the game was that fun (compared to other games like Descent), but I played it anyway just because I liked the music and the setting. If I had the music on a CD I would have played the game a lot less. There are a couple levels that I would skip because I hated the music. When I got the CD I was kind of shocked that a game with tracks such as Medivo and Letni could also produce Raneforus and Jungrock.

6. And yes, as with Treylina, I didn't know about TSF until about 2006 or so. I thought the difference in style with Lori was jarring too.

7. My favorite Jazz 1 level is Crysilis. The concept, the color, the pallete shifting, the clear crystals with the refraction effect! Bad. Ass. Music was pretty good too.

8. I've only played through Jazz 2 once.

9. I really want to do a character/world redesign of the Jazz Jackrabbit universe just for kicks and giggles. It would take time I don't have at the moment though, but I do want to flex my character design muscles. All that talk about Noogy vs. Nickadoo sparked that idea.

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Mar 3, 2015, 10:51 PM
1. I am godawful at tests. Don't have the patiance for it, don't really like these maps. Mostly they are buttugly as hell.
2. I never duel. Never.. I hate losing... yeah, well.. there was this one time versus Bobby aka Dizzy. You probby know how that went.
3. Jazz2City was buildup by HTML and Javascript. I didn't know anything about HTML and Javascript.
4. I've kissed a Jazz Jackrabbit girl and I liked it. I really won't post who tho...
5. I own a copy of Jazz Jackrabbit GBA, bought it new for 3 euro.
6. I finished Jazz Jackrabbit 1.. by cheating.

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Mar 3, 2015, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGPW View Post
1. I am godawful at tests. Don't have the patiance for it, don't really like these maps. Mostly they are buttugly as hell.
2. I never duel. Never.. I hate losing... yeah, well.. there was this one time versus Bobby aka Dizzy. You probby know how that went.
3. Jazz2City was buildup by HTML and Javascript. I didn't know anything about HTML and Javascript.
4. I've kissed a Jazz Jackrabbit girl and I liked it. I really won't post who tho...
5. I own a copy of Jazz Jackrabbit GBA, bought it new for 3 euro.
6. I finished Jazz Jackrabbit 1.. by cheating.
1. Same here, I dislike tests.
2. Me neither.
3. -
4. Lori or Eva? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
5. In my town there is every summer some kind of junk sale. They sell DS/GBA/GBC/GB games and consoles so cheap! Actually I'm gonna hunt down Jazz GBA this summer.
6. I think we all did.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Mar 4, 2015, 12:18 AM
1. I never liked Lori. I think she's a total rip-off to this series. But i find it fun to play as her though, especially in streetfight.
2. I used to have this obsession with duels, now I'm not really into CTF.
3. I used to make Jazz comics when I was little! Ah, those bubblehead weirdoes... Those were the good times.
4. I didn't get JJ2 by spending money on it. A man that is really good with computers actually gave me a disk full of video games when I got my PC, JJ2 1.22 was there .
5. I didn't know about other JJ2 versions till i started playing online in 2013.
6. I think JJ3 is a disaster.
7. I gotta brag how i passed JJ1 on medium mode WITHOUT cheating

JCF Member

XxMoNsTeRXM is doing well so far

Mar 4, 2015, 03:21 AM
1. I think I do about 100 saves to finish all the JJ1 Episodes on Turbo (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, A, B, C, X)
2. I played with Jazz when I was younger and now I play as Spaz. I didn't realise that Jazz is not that good then, now I think Spaz is the best.
3. The second level of orbitus on JJ1 is extremely dangerously hard to pass!
4. I never bought JJ2
5. Do I play battle on JJ2? Well, um... yes but there are not so many players on the servers with battle. When I was like 5 or 6 I liked to play battle on the server named "The Server" , I was always losing...
6. My brother was always winning at Splitscreen Games, at all of them CTF, Battle, Race, Treasure Hunt (when I was like 3 or 4 years old)
7. When I was like I think 4 or 5 years old, I and my brother didn't know how to create levels, I mean he didn't knew how to animate tiles, and I remember I was always asking "Why do you need to know that?"
8. I think 2009 or 2010, JJ2+ didn't have that many features and I was always asking my brother "What does JJ2+ have?", his answer "I don't know." (I think he knew).
9. In 2012 I created some levels and I didn't use JJ2+, because I thought it doesn't contain anything good and when I came back in the September of 2013, and searched for JJ2+, I was amazed of its features and downloaded it.
10. I am waaaaiting for JJ2+ v5.0!
11. Why are you reading 11? There's nothing to hide.
12. Please stop, you don't have to read 11 and 12, really.

JCF Member

Mar 4, 2015, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Jam View Post
1. I never liked Lori. I think she's a total rip-off to this series. But i find it fun to play as her though, especially in streetfight.
Can you explain why she's a rip-off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMoNsTeRXM View Post
10. I am waaaaiting for JJ2+ v5.0!

3. The second level of orbitus on JJ1 is extremely dangerously hard to pass!
Aren't we all?

And yeah telling how a bugged level is hard to pass isn't really a confession either.

JJ2+ back in 2010 considerably did have a lot of features, there just wasn't much there for levelmakers back then (other than pits and some additional gamemodes). It was mostly just for online play management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsys View Post

3. I think Jazz 2 is too easy for the same reason why Jazz 1 was too hard: the viewport.

9. I really want to do a character/world redesign of the Jazz Jackrabbit universe just for kicks and giggles. It would take time I don't have at the moment though, but I do want to flex my character design muscles. All that talk about Noogy vs. Nickadoo sparked that idea.
3. Not really. It's the forgiving gameplay and cardboard-intelligence AIs. Also the timers were removed for some reason. You can make a game hard with a large resolution. You should check out the more challenging custom SP levels.

9. I actually do want to tweak the designs for my comic series. Yet keep them recognisable.

Last edited by Treylina; Mar 4, 2015 at 06:28 AM.

JCF Member

Mar 4, 2015, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
Can you explain why she's a rip-off?
The JJ2 comic doesn't contain Lori in it. The whole story in JJ2 has nothing to do with Lori. When TSF happened they just put a random yellow bunny in that's supposed to be Jazz's sister without a story of why she wasn't present on jazz' weding or anything!

JCF Member

Mar 4, 2015, 08:07 AM
Quote:
The JJ2 comic doesn't contain Lori in it. The whole story in JJ2 has nothing to do with Lori. When TSF happened they just put a random yellow bunny in that's supposed to be Jazz's sister without a story of why she wasn't present on jazz' weding or anything!
The JJ2 comic was created before TSF even existed. I think the reason she just appears out of nowhere was due to time/budget contraints. It bothers me too, it's just not what rip-off means.

JCF Member

Mar 4, 2015, 09:42 AM
Since this thread is getting pretty active...
1. When I was little, I used to call Jazz "Ninja Rabbit" and Spaz "Scaredy Cat" (Iepurele Ninja/Pisica Fricoasa - In my language).
2. Everyone around me tried to convince me about the fact that Spaz is NOT a cat. I never believed them. The sounds make him sound pretty much like a cat though.
3. I used to Jazz roleplay. I was always Jazz, I never liked Spaz or Lori back then.
4. It took me 2-3 years when I was little to reach to the last Damn level. \
5. It took me one year to learn (myself) how to save the game and what's the point of doing that. Also took me an year to beat Schwartzneguard. I used to cry whenever I reached a new boss fight (except The Queen, which I always thought it was easy as hell).
6. I never beated Devan Shell, not even reaching to Devil Devan form, until one year ago, when I started playing Jazz 2 again. As a kid, it was too difficult for me. Never got to see the ending back then.
7. I thought Queen Earlong was an opera singer.
8. I have no flippin' idea where did I get JJ2 from. It's most likely that from one of my uncles, who used to bring me lots of games on CDs. It just feels like I always had Jazz on my PC (no, it was not a beta version).
9. One year ago, when someday and somehow I remembered 'bout the good ol' green rabbit game, I looked over the internet and saw that Jazz had a sequel. When I slowly started joining this community and found out that Jazz 3 was a sequel that was never released, I was depressed for around a week. Don't ask me why, I'm an odd person.
10. I think Lori and Eva are pretty hot. However, I hate furries and everything related to them. I also hate bronies (Sorry if someone is offended by my oppinion, but it's just bothering me to see ponies everyday on the internet).
11. Jazz is my profile picture on Steam since a lot of time.
12. Jazz is the only thing that determines me to start programming. I'm also going to start a project with a friend of mine on Roblox. It's supposed to be a 2D-3D Jazz game. I'll be the guy who's gonna build the models. I'd say more stuff, but for now is just a project. I am going to open a thread about it this summer, so if anyone is interested to work with us...

JCF Member

Mar 4, 2015, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
12. Jazz is the only thing that determines me to start programming. I'm also going to start a project with a friend of mine on Roblox. It's supposed to be a 2D-3D Jazz game. I'll be the guy who's gonna build the models. I'd say more stuff, but for now is just a project. I am going to open a thread about it this summer, so if anyone is interested to work with us...
Sonic Colors is a 2D-3D game, maybe you should take ideas from that.
Also, I am very interested in this
Gee, I wish i could help somehow. However, I have no programming skills nor do I know about creating models .
Well if It's gonna have a story or something, I GUESS I could try and help out (unless it's a remake of JJ1 or JJ2, which is a good idea IMO).

JCF Member

Mar 4, 2015, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Sonic Colors is a 2D-3D game, maybe you should take ideas from that.
Also, I am very interested in this
Gee, I wish i could help somehow. However, I have no programming skills nor do I know about creating models .
Well if It's gonna have a story or something, I GUESS I could try and help out (unless it's a remake of JJ1 or JJ2, which is a good idea IMO).
Sonic Colors looks great, but you can't animate stuff that good in Roblox. The player has the standard moving animation, which is kinda cheap. I'm only up with the modeling, all I can do good is to make some nice models and maps. If the guy (or maybe the people) I'm gonna work with could make some smoother running and walking animations, that would be great.

FYI, I started a place months ago, but eventually gave up because the lack of interess and time. For now it's just a small map that was supposed to be the place you start the game, like in JJ3. I gave up on the idea of a full 3D game, like JJ3. You can check it out: http://www.roblox.com/Jazz-Jackrabbi...e?id=125339767

Calm Splat

Banned

Calm Splat is doing well so far

Mar 4, 2015, 10:27 PM
JJ2 Confessions

1. I want to make a new JJ2 site called New JJ2 City
2. I use JJ2 to test the quality of various ISPs or hotspots or any internet connection in general
3. I basically consider computers as an arcade machine for JJ2
4. I doubt if JJ2 will ever be complete without Razz
5. My school has parking lots JJ1, JJ2 and JJ3 http://www.transportation.umd.edu/pa.../map_color.pdf

- Side note: This map is the best ever map, no? Xddd.. Except for the fact that it's not even oriented toward the compass, it just has such detail in every building

Last edited by Calm Splat; Mar 4, 2015 at 10:33 PM. Reason: to edit

JCF Member

Mar 4, 2015, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm Splat View Post
4. I doubt if JJ2 will ever be complete without Razz
How come you're positive that Razz was supposed to appear in JJ2 and not JJ3?
JJ3 has a map called Razz's rocket pad. I'm pretty sure that was the game he was originally supposed to be in.

Okay this thing which I'll post is not really a confesion, but an opinion.

I think Lair of Wind is the best map in JJ3 and it reminds me of mario 64.

JCF Member

SAMI is doing well so far

Mar 5, 2015, 12:03 AM
I don't like to see new rabbits like "Razz". They just keep adding new characters and make them Jazz's bro/sis out of nowhere which doesn't make any sense. (Of course if Razz is not any sibling of Jazz then it will make sense.)

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Mar 5, 2015, 12:10 AM
IIRC he's Eva's cousin.

JCF Member

Mar 5, 2015, 12:32 AM
I think I'm the only one here who hasn't made any fan made Jazz Character. x~x

JCF Member

Borgia is doing well so far

Mar 5, 2015, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGPW View Post
I am convinced that my tests (especially Acrid and Desolate) will change your mind. Which brings me to my first confession.

1: I enjoy tests. It's just as challenging as duelling someone (whether that be Battle or CTF), because you have to learn tricks and moves to pass levels. I remember being a total noobie at them, but as time passed and I played more tests, I became a lot better. That's why I like making tests, which will definately be my signature contribution to the community.

2: I only played a demo version of JJ 1, containing the Diamondus, Medivo and Electric Boogaloo maps.

3: JJ2 has been off my pc for a whole long time, but we had magically kept it somewhere so I could get it back. It hasn't left ever since.

4: I was, am and probably always will be quite a noobsel in distress when it comes to teamplay. I hate teamchat, and I always feel rather skill-less and useless when in the company of experienced players. Duels are much better, at least I can take care of my own fight rather than depending on others.

5: I would totally hit on Lori and ask her out on a date. She's smokin' hot. "Get a room, you two?" Gladly.

6: I remember playing JJ2 on the pc in the living room, and we had connected the sound system to the speakers there, for extra sound. I tell you, using the Laser Shield in that situation transcends the known realm of epicness.

7: JJ 1 and 2's standard soundtracks are on my mp3-player.

8: I always believed JCS was too difficult for me, until I tried it. Trying is what brought you the Cathedral.

9: I sometimes use cheats in SP.

10: I ran out of confessions for now.

11: Oh, here's another one: I find it a bit sad that some people take this game way too seriously. Look at how they talk about ladders etc. "We need to improve". "New members should train more". "There is potential here." Gentledemons, it's just a game. Not the sole purpose in your life. And if the latter is the case, you have a problem.

JCF Member

Mar 5, 2015, 04:32 AM
1] Jazz JackRabbit 2 was my first game of JJR2 series.

2] I lost full version (Which was most probably 1.22) back in 1999 when I was only 7 or 8 months old. It was just installed in my PC, I never had the CD. So I never got the chance to know the full version. I played shareware version of JJR2 since then which was until 2012.

3] I never played online mode of JJR2 until 10 or 15 July 2014. I never had internet connection before 2006. But I did figure out the split screen mode in 2005. But my brothee never prefered to play multiplayer mode, so it ended there again.

4] I lost shareware version in late 2006. I got it back again in 2008 after I found one of my backup disk of games.

5] It was 2012 when I started hunting for JJR2 again and I found various versions of JJR2 in "Jazz Rabbit download center" or something like that which I think is Shaker NL's site. I then downloaded 1.22,1.23 from there and foe the first time I got JJR (JJR1).

6] To me, JJR1 feels like horsecrap. You can't make me like it, JJR2 have conquered its place.

7] After getting involved in online mode, I lost interest in Single Player mode.

8] I prefer Battle mode more than CTF and I always will (I don't even prefer Team battle more than normal battle). That doesn't mean I dont like CTF, I just prefer battle more. I like treasure mode too.

9] Earthworm Jim was more better than JJR2 incase of SP mode (Thats what I feel, maybe EWJ is dedicated for SP while JJR2 was more fun in multiplayer mode. IMO)

10] I like "Need For Speed 2" and "The House of The Dead 1/2" more than JJR2.

11] I still think that the graphics of JJR2 rocks (Apart from widescreen and high resolution supports. That would be great. But this was not common back in 1999, so graphics rocks).

12] If you give me Fifa RTWC 98 and JJR2- I would pick up Fifa.

13] I also prefered MDK2 more than JJR2. But I prefer JJR2 more than MDK.

14] Finally someone who has common sense! I completely agreed with Borgia. This is just a game. And I play games for enjoying, not for getting skilled in it. I feel quite annoying when someone tells me "You need training", "lol, when I was at your age- I started to train myself to get pro" and so on.

15] This is also the reason why I don't duel with pro players. I just duel someone who's at my level.

16] I play 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 if my teammates would agree that he/she wont start blabbering about my mistakes or blame me if we lost the match because of me.

17] I get seriously annoyed when someone complains about my Lags blindly. Its true that it causes me to teleport and others get air during game. But why you guys never realize that it doesn't give me advantages, because I see others warping/teleporting on my screen too and I spontaneously get air during game.

18] Since I play to enjoy, I dont like tests much. I do play sometimes to pass time but when it gets seriously tough, I quit.

19] I still like to play with Jazz in SP.

20] In my opinion Lori sucks. Reasons: Its incomplete, effortless character. Lack of details, animations, gameplay made it unplayable.

21] JJR3 is a terrible game (I know its unfinished, I'm judging the unfinished one). Its needs to be overhauled vastly. Its just my opinion.

Thats enough I think. I cant remember of anything more right now.

I typed it via my mobile. So there are many typing errors.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Mar 5, 2015, 09:31 AM
It's called JJ2

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Mar 5, 2015, 09:56 AM
1. When I first started playing online in 2002, I adapted possibly the simplest nickname possible: "Jazz"; consequently, my brother used "Spaz". It was because I was the older, more collected brother with blue eyes, and he was younger, more kiddy and with green eyes. Yeah. We were like 13 and 8 at the time. And later on, when we learned what clans are, we made our own, called JSZ, which meant Jazz & Spaz Zone because, y'know, Jazz & Spaz established it. Because of how many Jazzes there were in the game, I became recognized as "JSZ Jazz" even long after the clan stopped being active, and this former nickname is displayed on this forum to this day.

2. Back when I was doing things for Lori Central like a fanfic and some silly one-page comics, I began work on a longer comic which was about Lori's younger years in high school. Pretty much your average high school comedy except IN SPAAAAAAAAAAACE and with furries. I made about 5-6 pages in pencil and crayon, they're still at my parents' house.

3. Though I'm working on re-continuing Guilty Gene, I'd really much rather see it as a fangame than a comic because that's the convention the basic gist of the story would really, really work with. Alas, I have no means of achieving that (don't know the right people, got no skills on my own, would require even more time which I don't have), so I'm gonna do what I'm relatively good at instead.

4. Despite releasing my last Jazz2 level in 2004, there hasn't been a year since then where I haven't worked in JCS at least a good couple weeks. My perfectionism and ambitions are the bane of my existence.

5. Way back when JSZ was only starting to gather people, I had a relatively big crush on our first female member who used her real name as her in-game nickname, Marta. I was an awkward teen and never got to tell her.

6. Jazz2 was the first game I legit bought. I ordered it through phone and I was super-anxious about buying a thing myself. I loved the huge box it came in and there was a Magic the Gathering starter deck included as a bonus, which me and my brother played to and through back in the day. Sadly, the box got destroyed years ago.

7. Similarly, when a rerelease of Jazz1 appeared in Poland soon after, I ordered that too, however nobody but my uncle was home at the time it came and he was like this super energetic hasty guy and he was super-curious what it was and opened the wrapping so that he also ripped the cardboard game box. Imagine how pissed I was when I came back.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Mar 5, 2015, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
10. I think Lori and Eva are pretty hot. However, I hate furries and everything related to them. I also hate bronies (Sorry if someone is offended by my oppinion, but it's just bothering me to see ponies everyday on the internet).
>:^).

I won't lie, there are plenty of cringeworthy furries out there, though. People don't notice the many low-key ones because they don't care enough to show, or the persecution complex (which I can understand and I hope I don't need to explain why).

Quote:
I think I'm the only one here who hasn't made any fan made Jazz Character. x~x
I know more who haven't made any Jazz fan characters, than ones who have. I don't know where you're getting this thought from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
3: JJ2 has been off my pc for a whole long time, but we had magically kept it somewhere so I could get it back. It hasn't left ever since.

4: I was, am and probably always will be quite a noobsel in distress when it comes to teamplay. I hate teamchat, and I always feel rather skill-less and useless when in the company of experienced players. Duels are much better, at least I can take care of my own fight rather than depending on others.

5: I would totally hit on Lori and ask her out on a date. She's smokin' hot. "Get a room, you two?" Gladly.
3. That's a similar, if not same story with me. One day in summer '09, we found an old copy of JJ2. I pwned my brother in treasure (after all those years of being scrubby), then got into online play.

4. Same here. When I get chat-hit/killed in teamchat I want to flip my keyboard. My team chat messages often slip out to the public. I prefer battle because I get bored of waiting for my teammates to kill the flagholder, and going to get r with no ammo is no fun (which results in my urges to always have strong ammo while being ready). I'm not the most unreliable teammate in CTF, but not the most reliable either.

5. Uuhh. I was originally going to confess I am attracted to Razz too much but I thought it was potentially TMI. But considering what else others have said, I might as well admit it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMI View Post
1] Jazz JackRabbit 2 was my first game of JJR2 series.

14] Finally someone who has common sense! I completely agreed with Borgia. This is just a game. And I play games for enjoying, not for getting skilled in it. I feel quite annoying when someone tells me "You need training", "lol, when I was at your age- I started to train myself to get pro" and so on.

19] I still like to play with Jazz in SP.

20] In my opinion Lori sucks. Reasons: Its incomplete, effortless character. Lack of details, animations, gameplay made it unplayable.
I think JJ2 was my first JJ game too. Perhaps I should whip up a poll and see which game was their first more. I think it's JJ2.

14. Did you know? Games become more enjoyable when you are skilled in them. Yeah sure, some people take the game too seriously, but the sheer truth of online gaming is the better someone is, the more fun they have. And thus play more.

19. I think this is pretty common.

20. "Lori sucks" is also a popular opinion, at least in-game anyway. It was implied from my post. I admit I feel a bit sorry for Lori, because it's the result of a tight budget and deadline, not the character. And lack of details and animations does not make a character unplayable, only the mechanics and bugs. And I know she is unplayable in some levels, as I already mentioned in the first post.

JCF Member

Mar 5, 2015, 03:10 PM
5. I am of the opinion that Lori is a good character, just a bit buggy in Vanilla.

6. I tend to be more inclined to play JJ1 than JJ2, and if I do play JJ2, it's usually an SP episode(Often FSP: Rent Collection).

7. I have never completed Episode C of Jazz 1.

8. In JJ2, I play almost exclusively as Jazz.

JCF Member

Mar 5, 2015, 08:26 PM
Quote:
>
I think JJ2 was my first JJ game too. Perhaps I should whip up a poll and see which game was their first more. I think it's JJ2.

14. Did you know? Games become more enjoyable when you are skilled in them. Yeah sure, some people take the game too seriously, but the sheer truth of online gaming is the better someone is, the more fun they have. And thus play more.

19. I think this is pretty common.

20. "Lori sucks" is also a popular opinion, at least in-game anyway. It was implied from my post. I admit I feel a bit sorry for Lori, because it's the result of a tight budget and deadline, not the character. And lack of details and animations does not make a character unplayable, only the mechanics and bugs. And I know she is unplayable in some levels, as I already mentioned in the first post.
Maybe you didn't understand what I meant. Being completely unskilled in game ruins the fun. Back in July 2014 I was extremely noob. But I've got a bit improved now a days. But that doesn't mean I have to train myself for skills. Or maybe you are one of those "You need training" guys? Only way I get skilled in game is by playing it for fun. For example: I played "House of dead" for 14 years and now I dont get hit and kill all zombies with headshot in Very high difficulty. But atfirst I couldn't even beat the first stage of the game. This is how you get skilled in games, not by some boring trainings. I play video games aa long as it seems enjoyable. Now thats what I feel like, its my opinion :/

JCF Member

Mar 5, 2015, 09:12 PM
Quote:
I won't lie, there are plenty of cringeworthy furries out there, though. People don't notice the many low-key ones because they don't care enough to show, or the persecution complex
I think a lot of that has to do with—at least in my estimation as a result of the primary and secondary research I've done for work—the lack of an organized subset of that fandom for the group you speak of. Case in point, there's no all-ages art site for that fandom (anymore). With no organization, that group of people flutter away to other communities, leaving the remainder to become more and more like a monoculture. I should point out that there are way, WAY more people outside than inside that fandom who think animal characters are totally awesome and love them to death. We just don't have a community or a word for them yet.

I should also point out that doing your research and actually talking with people has informed me immensely. I'll admit to a selection bias in my research methods, but the furries I've talked to and met are in actuality all super awesome and very well-adjusted human beings.

Which reminds me...

10. Did it bother anyone else besides me that in Jazz 3D, everyone else besides Jazz wore clothing? In a social context, running around Carrotus talking to villagers with the contrast of Jazz's state of undress made it look like he was streaking. I never had a problem with this in Jazz 1 and 2. I understand the odd-when-you-think-about-it difference between the way male and female animal characters are usually dressed in—lets say—Disney animation where it is acceptable for Chip and Dale to go pantless but not for Gadget. What's even more interesting is that I didn't get that vibe at all with Secret of NIMH where the reverse was true: Mrs. Brisby was wearing less than all the male rats. It's all about consistency I guess. Either Jazz needed to put on some britches too, or all the villagers needed to dress the same way as the protagonist. (Note that in Jazz 2 the merchant was an undressed rabbit. Again, consistency.)

Damn, I really want to do that redesign project now.

JCF Member

Mar 6, 2015, 08:02 AM
Quote:
I think a lot of that has to do with—at least in my estimation as a result of the primary and secondary research I've done for work—the lack of an organized subset of that fandom for the group you speak of.
I've never cared what TMI stuff anyone is into, given it doesn't hurt anyone. When I mean cringeworthy, I mean those who RP and use stupid jargon when it's not the time to, or worst case scenario making sexual comments against the "haters". And can't seem to shutup about things that no one cares about. Source: The cesspool that is youtube comments.

Quote:
10. Did it bother anyone else besides me that in Jazz 3D, everyone else besides Jazz wore clothing? In a social context, running around Carrotus talking to villagers with the contrast of Jazz's state of undress made it look like he was streaking. I never had a problem with this in Jazz 1 and 2. I understand the odd-when-you-think-about-it difference between the way male and female animal characters are usually dressed in—lets say—Disney animation where it is acceptable for Chip and Dale to go pantless but not for Gadget. What's even more interesting is that I didn't get that vibe at all with Secret of NIMH where the reverse was true: Mrs. Brisby was wearing less than all the male rats. It's all about consistency I guess. Either Jazz needed to put on some britches too, or all the villagers needed to dress the same way as the protagonist. (Note that in Jazz 2 the merchant was an undressed rabbit. Again, consistency.)

Damn, I really want to do that redesign project now.
My headcanon for Jazz and Spaz is this. If the turtles have removable shells and wear boxers in the JJ-verse, I can see this being true.

Last edited by Treylina; Mar 6, 2015 at 08:33 AM.

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Mar 7, 2015, 04:06 AM
At the age of roughly 5, I went to a carnival costume party in my nursery school dressed up as Spaz. It wasn't a complete fursuit but rather just a custom-made head coupled with a regular red shirt and similarly red trousers. The mask was, I believe, made by my mum, and fairly accurate, at least according to the combination of extensive imagination and low attention to detail of the 5-year-old me. It's probably no longer among the living so it's not possible to find out.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 06:38 AM
Primpy
This message has been deleted by Stijn.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Mar 8, 2015, 08:56 AM
I check the "upcoming" section of gog.com every day or so, juuuuuust in case.

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Mar 15, 2015, 05:43 PM
1. Though I've made a small hand full of attempts, I've never finished a single tileset. The JJ2+ title screen I submitted was the only thing I've ever finished.

2. JJ2 was the first thing I ever bought online. It was only $10 on sale.

3. I originally came across Jazz as shareware being sold at a local gas station. There was a small collection of games being sold from a basket for $1 apiece. I would often visit to buy a new game or two, but avoided Jazz because the cover art looked so darn ugly (I don't see how I thought it was ugly, now). Eventually, I ran out of new games to buy and decided Jazz had to be better than the educational games that were left. Jazz turned out to be the best.

4. When I first loaded up the JJ2 shareware, I was embarrassed by how ugly the original title screen looked. There's no getting around it. It is still dead ugly

5. I no longer play video games due to game addiction. Couldn't do moderation, so I had to cut them out entirely. I'm also a socially awkward shut-in, but I'm getting help.

6. I am terrible at JJ2 .

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92

JCF Member

Mar 16, 2015, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hare View Post
1. Though I've made a small hand full of attempts, I've never finished a single tileset.
Same here. Hopefully one day that'll stop being true. I posted my tileset previews as a form of getting prompts from others as motivation, but I don't get much feedback (and the only time it ever did was on a cancelled tileset that would be hell to fix).

Luckily I don't think I have video game addiction anymore. I have phases where I get too involved, but those don't last longer than a week (I get burnt out at some point).

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Mar 22, 2015, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Same here. Hopefully one day that'll stop being true. I posted my tileset previews as a form of getting prompts from others as motivation, but I don't get much feedback (and the only time it ever did was on a cancelled tileset that would be hell to fix).
I know you are a perfectionist by heart. Sometimes it might be better to 'move on' whenever you feel the urge that some tile or other aspect didn't came out the exact way you were striving for. Eventually, you'll improve along the way.

Take for example Blade. His tilesets reflect his skill development all the way from Aztec to Fortress of Forgotten Souls. Yet all of them are usable and have spawned some good levels. I'm thankful he released stuff without trying to be Agama first.

I hope to release a tileset this month, probably a mediocre yet usable one. I finished another one that's less usable, made for one specific level that's not done yet. Most tilesets are only used by the original author anyway.

Point is that I get to release these tilesets because I got to surpress my urge to try and perfect them with my limited drawing skills. But perhaps I'd better stop talking before anything is released. xD
StrikerTheHedgefox StrikerTheHedgefox's Avatar

JCF Member

StrikerTheHedgefox is doing well so far

Apr 17, 2015, 06:48 AM
1. I still have trouble getting used to how much you slide around when running and jumping. I also still mess up the timing of the copter ears. (Though, they never were really that responsive) Usually causing me to get stuck and aggravated on the single-block platforms in the TSF levels.

2. I lost my original copy of Jazz Jackrabbit 2 1.23. Wish I still had it to this day. I eventually got a copy of TSF, which was given to me on a CD-R by a friend of mine many years ago.

3. Lori is my favorite character to play as, however the sprite inconsistencies are jarring. I'm hoping they can be touched up sometime and included with JJ2+.

4. I made a bunch of levels for Jazz Jackrabbit 2 TSF, but lost them all due to a hard drive failure. I've never made any since.

5. I liked Noogy's adult artwork (yes, topless Lori included), and kind of miss seeing it on his site gallery. I don't see any shame or harm in it, and I find it sad that someone harassed him to the point of making him remove it.

6. I still mess around with the Jazz Jackrabbit 3 alpha leak, and wish that game was completed. I enjoy what little game is there, and I think it was heading in a good direction until it got canned.

7. If it wasn't given away by #5 or my signature, I find Lori to be cute, and sexy. I just wanna give her a big kiss and snuggle up with her. ♥

8. I once considered making a Jazz Jackrabbit mod for Doom 2, with all the weapons and mechanics ported to 3-D, but like most of my ideas, it never came to fruition. (Mainly due to working on other, more demanding stuff).

Last edited by StrikerTheHedgefox; Apr 17, 2015 at 07:05 AM.
Metsys

JCF Member

Apr 17, 2015, 08:41 AM
5. That's the first time I've heard about that. If it's true, then I'd hate to admit it but Dean did the right thing. His game got so much bad press over the art style. If he had porn on his site the gaming press would have destroyed him. If you want to be a professional artist you have to understand that your past art and fans will either follow and be something you can leverage, or it will haunt you.

JCF Member

Apr 17, 2015, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerTheHedgefox View Post

3. Lori is my favorite character to play as, however the sprite inconsistencies are jarring. I'm hoping they can be touched up sometime and included with JJ2+.

5. I liked Noogy's adult artwork (yes, topless Lori included), and kind of miss seeing it on his site gallery. I don't see any shame or harm in it, and I find it sad that someone harassed him to the point of making him remove it.

3. I will do something about that. Though it'll be an anims.j2a edit. Originally I thought of adding them to plus.j2a, but the sheer amount of edits would be too close a step towards from making jj2+ TSF (also taking up a lot of additional sprite space).

5. Psst...there's always the wayback machine.

Metsys

JCF Member

Apr 17, 2015, 11:44 AM
Yes, the Internet never forgets. :P
VashTheStampede VashTheStampede's Avatar

JCF Member

VashTheStampede is doing well so far

Apr 17, 2015, 01:11 PM
1. I got into JJ2 through ViperMM back in 98
2. Most of my early days in multiplayer were simply to troll people before I knew it was called that.
3. I used to spam this forum a lot
4. I still only play with a keyboard.
5. I too, suck at tests, and find them ugly to look at.
6. I'm deeply saddened that a lot of the old breed don't come around/play anymore.

[JxFhGo9w34865tRh!!!!!] - sÀlÄmÃnDèRDM

JCF Member

Apr 17, 2015, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VashTheStampede View Post
4. I still only play with a keyboard.
6. I'm deeply saddened that a lot of the old breed don't come around/play anymore.
4. Well..who doesn't play with a keyboard? I'm genuinely interested, as I've never seen JJ2 played with a controller that works well with it. I once tried to play JJ2 with a 360 controller. Never again (I was forced to use the analogue stick for movement).
5. Don't we all find tests ugly to look at?
6. Don't we a-bricked-.

JCF Member

Apr 17, 2015, 02:47 PM
I prefer to play with a controller.
Specifically, a 360 controller that I use the analogue stick to move with...
My only real complaint is that if you press T to chat, you can't move until you've pressed enter/escape(Although I haven't tested if this has been changed in 5.0).

JCF Member

Borgia is doing well so far

Apr 17, 2015, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VashTheStampede View Post
Quote:
5. Don't we all find tests ugly to look at?
I don't! Come on, tests are an undervalued, underestimated and underplayed game mode. I put a lot of work in making my tests pretty and difficult at the same time. Although 'difficult' is of course very much depending on one's skills. For 555 every test is a piece of cake :P.

I'll start working on new tests in June, I've got some good ideas and even better music .