Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

multiplayer for 1.00h

Cdos90

JCF Member

Cdos90 is doing well so far

Jul 10, 2006, 12:21 PM
Question multiplayer for 1.00h

HEY JAZZ FANS! Is there any patches i can d-load so i can multiplayer with v1.00h?

Help would be nice thank you!
n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Jul 10, 2006, 12:24 PM
You want help? Heres the best advice I can give- Read the stickies because they're essentially FAQs and 'Required Reading'.
I'd give a link to the sticky you need,if wasn't already blaring obvious which one it is you should read.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jul 10, 2006, 12:24 PM
1.00h doesn't support multiplayer via internet. You need to obtain the 1.20 version and use the 1.23 patch on Jazz2Online to experience online play.

EDIT: n00b wins D;
Cdos90

JCF Member

Jul 10, 2006, 12:43 PM
Talking

Quote:
1.00h doesn't support multiplayer via internet. You need to obtain the 1.20 version and use the 1.23 patch on Jazz2Online to experience online play.
That sucks. Thanks anyway.

P.S. I saw the thread you speak of....It did not help me. This did.
n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Jul 10, 2006, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The "Unhelpful" Thread
OEM / Beta versions (any version number below 1.20)
Short for "Original Equipment Manufacturer", these versions are shipped with customised computers when JJ2 was released, hence their nickname. Of course, they eventually made their way onto the net as everybody thought it was the full version. However, as the lower version numbers indicate, these are actually beta versions. Of all versions in the list, the OEM versions are the odd ones out because of different coding and encryption of data. While all retail versions use file formats like .j2l, .j2t and the like, the OEM versions still had formats like .lev and common formats for music (.it and .s3m). Plus they didn't have online capabilities at the time they were created. At the moment version 1.00g is the most common one floating around followed by 1.00h, but another has also turned up: version 1.10o. That version has standard JJ2-specific formats, which means the encryption had taken place at the time it was made.
I know it's weirdly worded, but it shouldn't be too hard to realize that it meant JJ2 didn't have online multiplayer until later versions.
Theres also a few old topics regarding the issue, which would have been useful to search for.
This thread found in a search for "1.00 online" answered your question in the second post.
Cdos90

JCF Member

Jul 10, 2006, 01:01 PM
I see. I will check out ebay and see what i can find.
JelZe GoldRabbit

JCF Member

JelZe GoldRabbit is doing well so far

Jul 10, 2006, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b
I know it's weirdly worded...
Yeah, I was thinking of rewriting my articles in less scientific language and streamlining the content :P Maybe after my vacation.

- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3