Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » JJ2+ Issue Tracker

Bug Report Repeating spaz wo-ho sound upon LRS death

Zero[CDF]

JCF Member

Joined: Jan 1970

Posts: 9

Zero[CDF] has disabled reputation

Nov 22, 2020, 01:37 PM
Zero[CDF] is offline
Reply With Quote
Repeating spaz wo-ho sound upon LRS death

Sometimes when I run out of lives with Spaz in LRS I'll keep hearing the "wo-ho" sound as if he's standing on the edge of a cliff. I then usually turn off the sound effects until the next level. I'm not sure what triggers it. Last time it happened on lhoo.j2l.

On an unrelated note, has no-fire LRS somehow gotten laggier since 5.7 or is it just me that got laggier?
ShakerNL ShakerNL's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: May 2009

Posts: 105

ShakerNL is an asset to this forumShakerNL is an asset to this forum

Dec 29, 2020, 03:18 AM
ShakerNL is offline
Reply With Quote
It has nothing to do with LRS. This does always happen when you're spectating (unless you join a server in spectator mode). To prevent this sound from happening, you have to remove masks from the map on the top left arra.
__________________
Seren Seren's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: Feb 2010

Posts: 847

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Dec 29, 2020, 07:19 AM
Seren is offline
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakerNL View Post
This does always happen when you're spectating (unless you join a server in spectator mode).
Not to say this shouldn't be fixed because it definitely should, but it actually only happens if you're facing left when you start spectating. There should even be a way to write a mutator that makes spectators always face right as a workaround.
__________________

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.
FawFul FawFul's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: Jun 2007

Posts: 500

FawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legendFawFul is a forum legend

Jan 6, 2021, 02:48 AM
FawFul is offline
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seren View Post
Not to say this shouldn't be fixed because it definitely should, but it actually only happens if you're facing left when you start spectating. There should even be a way to write a mutator that makes spectators always face right as a workaround.
I agree this definitely is worthy of a what I expect to be an easy fix, but I must add that I don't really like the suggestion of a mutator fix for something that is completely a jj2+ matter, unless the intention here is that a mutator will surely be a temporary workaround.
cooba cooba's Avatar

JCF Veteran

Joined: Jan 2004

Posts: 7,804

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jan 7, 2021, 07:55 AM
cooba is offline
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by FawFul View Post
I agree this definitely is worthy of a what I expect to be an easy fix, but I must add that I don't really like the suggestion of a mutator fix for something that is completely a jj2+ matter, unless the intention here is that a mutator will surely be a temporary workaround.
The post you quoted literally ends with the word "workaround".
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:40 AM.