Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

Is it? Can it really be... ToU PART 4!

 
 
Thread Tools
cooba cooba's Avatar

JCF Veteran

Joined: Jan 2004

Posts: 7,812

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jul 31, 2007, 11:50 AM
cooba is offline
Exclamation desperate

Look under the bed.. and then under the pillow and the matress.
White Rabbit White Rabbit's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: Aug 2001

Posts: 4,478

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Aug 1, 2007, 01:44 AM
White Rabbit is offline
Examine the katana wall mounts.
Torkell Torkell's Avatar

Stealth Admin

Joined: Jul 2004

Posts: 2,153

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Aug 1, 2007, 02:30 AM
Torkell is offline
Hmm...

Doesn't Shuri have the crowbar? Crowbar or katana the bolt out.
__________________
-- Torkell



Radium Radium's Avatar

JCF Éminence Grise

Joined: Jul 2002

Posts: 12,275

Radium is an asset to this forum

Aug 2, 2007, 10:11 AM
Radium is offline
Oh, hey, Boggy got modded. And page claim.

Getting desperate, I looked under the bed, under the pillow, under the sheets (hey! Blackraptor has a Serta!), even under the hooks on the wall that held the swords. There was not a single loose or easily accessible bolt that would suit my needs. The only one I had seen that even looked mildly like it could work was the loose bolt by the door to the cave, and there was no way I could dislodge that one without some sort of tool designed to act as a class-2 lever...

"Oh, wait. (-) it," I said aloud, looking at the crowbar I had been carrying. I walked back into the cold outdoors, jammed the crowbar under the edge of the loose bolt, and shoved the handle forward. I was rewarded with a perfectly unbroken metal bolt.

Old Aug 2, 2007, 10:22 AM
cooba
This message has been deleted by cooba. Reason: w8
cooba cooba's Avatar

JCF Veteran

Joined: Jan 2004

Posts: 7,812

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Aug 2, 2007, 10:26 AM
cooba is offline
Use Feat and attempt to leap back to the party!
Radium Radium's Avatar

JCF Éminence Grise

Joined: Jul 2002

Posts: 12,275

Radium is an asset to this forum

Aug 2, 2007, 10:37 AM
Radium is offline
I'm pretty sure that maxes out at like 9 battle tiles.
Torkell Torkell's Avatar

Stealth Admin

Joined: Jul 2004

Posts: 2,153

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Aug 2, 2007, 11:27 AM
Torkell is offline
Leg it back to the party. Use the bolt and a wheel from the cart on the valve we stole the wheel from.
__________________
-- Torkell



White Rabbit White Rabbit's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: Aug 2001

Posts: 4,478

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Aug 2, 2007, 02:21 PM
White Rabbit is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium
It looked about as we had left it, though steam no longer poured out of the loose bolt from when the pipe was heated.
I can't believe none of us thought this was significant. ><
Radium Radium's Avatar

JCF Éminence Grise

Joined: Jul 2002

Posts: 12,275

Radium is an asset to this forum

Aug 2, 2007, 07:48 PM
Radium is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
I can't believe none of us thought this was significant. ><
Much funnier was when Shuri thought "if only I had some sort of prying device with which I could loosen it". Though personally, I'm surprised nobody tried feeding the DOS prompt "bolt /please".

Well, my task here was done. I shielded my eyes against the tempest and glanced around until I could make out the shaft of light. I ran there, looked for the cliff, and ran there, finally reaching the pipe that led into the cliff face. The trip was excessively painful but relatively uneventful. If anyone asked what took so long, I'd have to add a dragon or something in.

After a long, weaving path along the pipe, I reached the rest of the party. Fooruman was explaining something to Uberbob, Faw was seated on the ground in front of the heating vent, and Araches was tapping her foot, probably waiting for something interesting to happen. "What took so long?" she snapped as I entered. Ignoring her, walked directly to the heater, kicked Faw over, and flopped backwards onto the warm ground beside it.
"I had to fight a dragon. From space." The sorceress shot me a glare of disbelief, which I ignored as usual.
Fawriel cut in, standing up and brushing himself off. "So tell us what you found, Shur!"
"Living quarters. Bed, food, weapons, computer, and, best of all-" I reached into my pocket and pulled out the reddish metal bolt.
"An ITEM!" Uberbob exclaimed.
"Well, a bolt."
"So we can fix the valve?"
"Yeah. Well, I was going to go use the wheel from the trolley to do that. Now. Follow."

So, long story short, I fixed it.

Torkell Torkell's Avatar

Stealth Admin

Joined: Jul 2004

Posts: 2,153

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Aug 3, 2007, 02:15 AM
Torkell is offline
w00t!

Now, where was I? Ah yes, head to the boxclaw and attempt to use the crowbar in the claws. Unless anyone else has a better idea.
__________________
-- Torkell



MSB3000 MSB3000's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: Mar 2005

Posts: 1,043

MSB3000 is doing well so far

Aug 15, 2007, 02:57 PM
MSB3000 is offline
Have a slightly optimistic outlook on life.
__________________
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
There wasn't ain't not no never nothing nowhere. Always.
cooba cooba's Avatar

JCF Veteran

Joined: Jan 2004

Posts: 7,812

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Aug 16, 2007, 02:48 AM
cooba is offline
Eat a noberry.
Ae Ae's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: Nov 2004

Posts: 842

Ae has disabled reputation

Sep 29, 2007, 04:06 PM
Ae is offline
Lead the party west west south west west south to the cave, go in.
Type "clocktower" on the laptop.
Radium Radium's Avatar

JCF Éminence Grise

Joined: Jul 2002

Posts: 12,275

Radium is an asset to this forum

Sep 29, 2007, 08:08 PM
Radium is offline
Oh, right, this exists.

I tried having a slightly optimistic outlook on life by considering everything that was going in my favor. For instance, I could probably solo anyone in the group, meaning that if we were stuck down here for a while, I'd outlast everyone else. It would also provide me with a relatively steady source of food, and I don't think it would be cannibalism, since none of us were really the same species... I think. Just to be safe, I'd start with Fooruman, then go onto Araches, then Uberbob, then Faw. I'm not entirely sure the ethics of things like that. It's a pity we couldn't find Leetzan, though, because I think everyone would agree both that she's a separate species and probably tastes the best.

Mm. In any other adventure, that mental image might hurt your appetite.

Anyway, I focused on the issue at hand: defeating Dreadlord Blackraptor so I could leave these people forever. "We should go back to the machine with the inset claws," I suggested, "maybe we could crowbar them open and find a way to make the machine operate." I began to march along the pipe, but couldn't help but notice that everyone but Uberbob was simply staring at me, dumbfounded.

"What?" I asked, wondering what was wrong with everyone.

Araches had a note of pity in her voice. "Shuri, you just said you found fully-stocked living quarters, with a bed."

"And food," Faw added.

I could hardly believe I was saying this, but: "I'm hungry too, but we ate just yesterday."

"That's what I keep telling them!" Uberbob exclaimed.

Araches strode over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. She looked me directly in the face, her troubled eyes gazing directly into mine. Then, with her other hand, she proceeded to slap me heavily across my face. Part of me suddenly realized that I deserved that, and part of me was slightly relieved it wasn't a friendly shoulder-touch. Before I could think much about it, though, I noticed everyone but me and Uberbob were sprinting (or rowing) towards the cave.

"If it makes you feel better, Shuri, I think crowbarring the boxclaw is a really good idea," Uberbob said. I used my limited sign language knowledge to explain to him what his caring meant to me, and continued after the rest of the party.


The cavern room was a bit cozier with the heat from the pipes directed to it. When Uberbob and I got there, Araches and Fawriel were busy taking stock of the contents of the refrigerator while Fooruman, still sitting in his canoe, was rapidly typing something on Blackraptor's computer. I considered interrupting him to type more random keywords into the command prompt, but he looked wholly engaged in whatever he was doing. Food seemed more interesting at this point anyway. "Fawriel, status report on rations?"

Fawriel was holding a stack of frozen boxes. "Two lasagnas, fettucini alfredo, and some self-packaged meat labeled 'Former Enemies'... let's not eat that one. I guess Araches can thaw the rest of these with her sorceressism."

n00b

JCF Veteran

Joined: May 2004

Posts: 5,578

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Sep 29, 2007, 08:43 PM
n00b is offline
Tell Araches to thaw the food starting with the package of meat labeled "Former Enemies"
White Rabbit White Rabbit's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: Aug 2001

Posts: 4,478

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Sep 30, 2007, 03:56 AM
White Rabbit is offline
Lie on the bed and cry yourself to sleep. Wake up with a clue in your head.
Ae Ae's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: Nov 2004

Posts: 842

Ae has disabled reputation

Sep 30, 2007, 09:37 AM
Ae is offline
Look at the screen of Blackraptor's computer.
Xobim Xobim's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: May 2005

Posts: 2,454

Xobim is doing well so far

Sep 30, 2007, 10:50 AM
Xobim is offline
\o/

Ask if Faw would like to have one of the katana's on the wall.
Ask what Fooruman is doing behind the laptop.
Make a health meal from the Lasagna and the Alfredo.
__________________
Earth Mantra, for all your ambient music needs.
Radium Radium's Avatar

JCF Éminence Grise

Joined: Jul 2002

Posts: 12,275

Radium is an asset to this forum

Sep 30, 2007, 02:08 PM
Radium is offline
I peered over Archmage Fooruman's shoulder at whatever he was typing; it appeared to be some very convoluted computer code. "So... what are you doing?" I dared to ask.

"Chronicling. With vigor."

Alright," I said, used to this by now, and redirected my attentions to more relevant endeavors. "Fawriel, you should probably arm yourself better." I took Blackraptor's other katana off the wall and held the handle out to him.

He uneasily took it. "But Shuri... I already have a weapon," he stuttered as he brought the glistening blade around upright in front of him.

"No, Faw, what you had was a stick. It was a pointed stick, and as such can be used to kill things, but it is no more a weapon than a candlestick, a rope, or a bottle. This, on the other hand, is a weapon and with it you can make things die with much greater efficiency."

He still seemed unsure about the idea. "But why not give this to Uberbob? He doesn't even have a weapon."

"Would you give Uberbob a sword?"

"Point taken," he resigned, sticking the blade through his belt.

Next issue at hand: "Araches, heat us food." I picked up the three frozen dinners and shoved them towards her, leaving the "Former Enemies" package to examine myself. I ran a claw across the wrapping and pulled it open; Faw, curious,watched intently. Much to my disappointment, it just looked like regular meat. I still didn't particularly want to eat it.

Fawriel stared at the meat darkly. "This is philosophical," he observed. "I guess deep down, we're all meat." I had a sudden, disturbing mental image of four more packages packed into Blackraptor's freezer. Then again, maybe he had just killed some birds that were roosting in his evil layer. Yeah.. birds.
Ae Ae's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: Nov 2004

Posts: 842

Ae has disabled reputation

Oct 1, 2007, 12:06 PM
Ae is offline
Ask Fooruman if he can get the computer to display all of its information and commands about the clocktower.
Radium Radium's Avatar

JCF Éminence Grise

Joined: Jul 2002

Posts: 12,275

Radium is an asset to this forum

Oct 4, 2007, 07:33 PM
Radium is offline
"Fooruman, can you get the computer to display all its information and commands regarding the clocktower?" I asked.
"It seems like it'd be a rude thing to ask about, considering we've just met." I presumed this was his way of saying no.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 01:27 AM
Xobim
This message has been deleted by Xobim. Reason: WR showed my pagan soul me the right path! :O
White Rabbit White Rabbit's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: Aug 2001

Posts: 4,478

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Oct 5, 2007, 02:39 AM
White Rabbit is offline
I don't know about you guys, but here's the conundrum I'm stuck in:
1. We have a pump with a missing cog (5J on Torkell's map). The pump can be activated by diverting warm liquid into it, but it won't function without the missing cog. We don't know what the pump does...presumably it pumps in the warm liquid into the cold one. Also, presumably, we need to find the missing cog to get the pump to function.
2. We have a box with an indentation containing two claws (6P). The pipe coming out of the box leads across the cold liquid, towards the clock tower.
3. We have two pipes leading into the clock tower. One pipe is warm, and comes from the cliff at 2AC on Torkell's map. Presumably, the other pipe, which is cold, comes from the box. The door is 'shuddering as if trying to open'. Presumably, it will open if both pipes are warm.
4. Leetzan is missing. She was last seen here. I don't think we'll ever get anywhere concerning the old laptop without her.

So, find the cog, find a way to use the box, and find Leetzan.
Where could the cog be? No idea.
How to use the box and the claws? No idea.
Where could Leetzan be? Well, almost the whole map was freezing cold for a while, so if she's alive she can't have been anywhere near the pipes. Shuriken travelled to the light from the ceiling, and didn't find her there. Where else is it warm enough for survival? The cave opening we came from in the first place. She must've gone back to Abydos, so, let's try going there.
Xobim Xobim's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: May 2005

Posts: 2,454

Xobim is doing well so far

Oct 5, 2007, 07:07 AM
Xobim is offline
Abydos closed it's mouth, and from that part it only got colder. Leetzan cannot be there.

For the rest of your post: UR Friggin' right dude!
I think it is best to find out what would fit inside the claws of the boxclaw. I'll delete my former post...

EDIT: a command.
"Allright everyone. Sitting down here won't get us any closer to Blackraptor. We must find out what the boxclaw, the clocktower and the pump do, and how we're going to get them into action. I'm going outside to investigate. Anyone who wants to join me, please do so. Those who stay here should hide under the blankets, since I'm going to redirect the heat."
__________________
Earth Mantra, for all your ambient music needs.
Radium Radium's Avatar

JCF Éminence Grise

Joined: Jul 2002

Posts: 12,275

Radium is an asset to this forum

Oct 5, 2007, 11:04 AM
Radium is offline
"Alright everyone," I announced, "sitting down here won't get us any closer to Blackraptor. We must find out what the boxclaw, the clocktower and the pump do, and how we're going to get them into action. I'm going outside to investigate. Anyone who wants to join me, please do so. Those who stay here should hide under the blankets, since I'm going to redirect the heat." Uberbob put up his hand for a high-five, which I ignored.

"Yeah, Shuri, about that..." Fawriel began, "I understand you're enthusiastic, and apparently getting even more enthusiastic as time goes on, but.. well, maybe we should just kick back for a bit. We haven't had a decent night's sleep since back on Antifoo Isle, and even there we spent most of the night watching a wagon or something."

"Not to mention that if you turned off the heat, we'd have to kill you," Araches added as she finished magically cooking the frozen meals, which were starting to smell very edible.

"What about Leetzan?" I asked, ignoring the aroma of actual food. "She could be in danger, or dead."

Fawriel shrugged. "If she's dead, Canoe or I can fix it. If we try to drag outselves into another battle while half asleep, though, we might end up dead."

"Anyway, did any of us really like L33tz4n much?" Seeing Fawriel start to raise his hand, Araches added "-besides Faw."

"Not really, but-"

"Shur, dear, the rest of today is just going to be a 'don't do anything' day. Oh, except eat and sleep and see if Fooruman has any more alcoholic drinks on him." Araches pulled the plastic cover off a freshly heated tray of lasagna and shoved it my way. "Hope you don't mind sharing with Uberbob."

Torkell Torkell's Avatar

Stealth Admin

Joined: Jul 2004

Posts: 2,153

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Oct 5, 2007, 11:16 AM
Torkell is offline
Faw makes a good point, given that Canoe == Fawkes the Phoenix.

Get Fooruman to check the food is safe to eat, then get a good night's sleep. Make sure someone reliable is standing guard at all times, just in case BR drops by. (have a few watches so that everyone gets some sleep)

Oh, and turn the laptop off first. It's only got so much battery.
__________________
-- Torkell



Xobim Xobim's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: May 2005

Posts: 2,454

Xobim is doing well so far

Oct 7, 2007, 01:28 AM
Xobim is offline
Check party morale.
__________________
Earth Mantra, for all your ambient music needs.
FreeFull FreeFull's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: Sep 2006

Posts: 536

FreeFull is doing well so far

Oct 31, 2007, 11:11 AM
FreeFull is offline
Yay, I finished reading. Do what Xobim said.
__________________
I am.
cooba cooba's Avatar

JCF Veteran

Joined: Jan 2004

Posts: 7,812

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Nov 18, 2007, 10:58 AM
cooba is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkell View Post
Get Fooruman to check the food is safe to eat, then get a good night's sleep. Make sure someone reliable is standing guard at all times, just in case BR drops by. (have a few watches so that everyone gets some sleep)
Torkell Torkell's Avatar

Stealth Admin

Joined: Jul 2004

Posts: 2,153

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Nov 18, 2007, 11:02 AM
Torkell is offline
Don't forget to eat food too.

And then look out for the plot hook.
__________________
-- Torkell



Puffie40 Puffie40's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: May 2002

Posts: 894

Puffie40 is doing well so far

Nov 20, 2007, 10:25 PM
Puffie40 is offline
Oh, and give faw his sweater back on top of that.

WE DO NOT WANT HIM TO PLAY THE GUITAR!!!

Last edited by Puffie40; Nov 20, 2007 at 10:42 PM.
ThunderPX

JCF Member

Joined: Dec 2002

Posts: 1,346

ThunderPX is doing well so far

Nov 21, 2007, 06:57 AM
ThunderPX is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffie40 View Post
Oh, and give faw his sweater back on top of that.

WE DO NOT WANT HIM TO PLAY THE GUITAR!!!
That reference is awesome.
Pie_warrior

JCF Member

Joined: Nov 2007

Posts: 1

Pie_warrior is doing well so far

Jan 11, 2008, 06:05 AM
Pie_warrior is offline
Experience an INTENSE urge to Breakdance
__________________
Curse those chickens! We eat them and eat them and eat them yet they just become MORE numerous!
n00b

JCF Veteran

Joined: May 2004

Posts: 5,578

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Jan 11, 2008, 02:47 PM
n00b is offline
Considering how long its been since our last GM update, the pressure to out-ridiculous each other for a move that will surely never happen is on


I say we attempt to sue the bed, and the table will be our lawyer.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 03:04 PM
Raven aka StL
This message has been deleted by Raven aka StL.
Xobim Xobim's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: May 2005

Posts: 2,454

Xobim is doing well so far

Jan 12, 2008, 11:51 AM
Xobim is offline
Good idea noob, maybe it'll catch the DM's attention!

Put Uberbob in the bed and ask Araches to throw a fireball at it.
__________________
Earth Mantra, for all your ambient music needs.
Torkell Torkell's Avatar

Stealth Admin

Joined: Jul 2004

Posts: 2,153

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Jan 12, 2008, 01:58 PM
Torkell is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xobim View Post
Put Uberbob in the bed and ask Araches to throw a fireball at it.
Hang on, I thought we were posting moves that were unlikely to happen?
__________________
-- Torkell



Xobim Xobim's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: May 2005

Posts: 2,454

Xobim is doing well so far

Jan 13, 2008, 07:24 AM
Xobim is offline
It's a ridiculous move given we're so close to the final boss fight...
__________________
Earth Mantra, for all your ambient music needs.
Ae Ae's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: Nov 2004

Posts: 842

Ae has disabled reputation

Jan 13, 2008, 09:46 PM
Ae is offline
Maybe Sir Radium will give us another downloadable game!
MSB3000 MSB3000's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: Mar 2005

Posts: 1,043

MSB3000 is doing well so far

Jan 20, 2008, 09:46 AM
MSB3000 is offline
I say we dance.
__________________
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
There wasn't ain't not no never nothing nowhere. Always.
Raven aka StL Raven aka StL's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: Feb 2005

Posts: 1,823

Raven aka StL should make better posts

Mar 28, 2008, 07:03 AM
Raven aka StL is offline
It's been too long.
(Excuse me for lacking knowledge on different means of connecting Radium, or something.)
Xobim Xobim's Avatar

JCF Member

Joined: May 2005

Posts: 2,454

Xobim is doing well so far

Mar 28, 2008, 07:31 AM
Xobim is offline
The DM died. D=
__________________
Earth Mantra, for all your ambient music needs.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:18 AM.