Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Online Play Question Server side and client

Mycatisbigfoot

JCF Member

Mycatisbigfoot is doing well so far

May 28, 2010, 01:23 PM
Online Play Question Server side and client

Hey guys

I have been playing some JJ2 online as Bigjake52. An old clan name from ages ago.
I suck bad know but that no bigie.

But I am trying to figure out how to get custom levals in a online game, How to edit the server name. How to play co-op over the net. and all of the other things I see.

I am running on the Secret files verson of JJ2 and that patch jj2+
I notice aswell No music plays with jj2+

Know for me joing games
I see some games with a Darkend name and I just can not play them. they say the server is on 1.24 but it wont load, on ether verson.
Any help guys ?

Also Very sorry for the bad english

Btw the computer I am running with is Windows 98se with 512mb of ram ( I have the unfocial service pack that let me run with 512 mb of ram)

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

May 28, 2010, 07:50 PM
If you are using plus, and want to play a custom level, you can change levels by pressing "t" to talk, then writing "/c " followed by the filename. For example, if I wanted to play "Happy Semiconductor CTF" and it's filename in my Jazz2 folder was semi.j2l, I would press "t" then write "/c semi". To rename your server, do the same thing, but use the command "/servername" instead of "/c".

Most other awesome things that can be done in a similar fashion. Read the manual (called plus-readme.txt, which should have come in the download with plus) to learn what each of the commands are and what they do.

Co-op will unfortunately not work correctly online, even with 1.24+. It will be playable, but people other than the host will not be able to lose health, and I think there are a few other major bugs. I don't really remember. There are other tools you can download to fix these bugs, although I personally haven't downloaded them and don't have any links to them.

The music should play just fine. If not, it's quite possibly because music, unlike levels and tilesets, is not usually downloaded when you join a game. It will only play if you already have the music the level is supposed to play. If you are the host though, and the level normally has music, it should play fine. I'm not sure what would prevent this, if that's the case.

I also don't know what would cause the darkened name from 1.24 servers. The dark color usually just means it's a different version, and if you're playing 1.24, there shouldn't be an issue.

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left
Mycatisbigfoot

JCF Member

May 28, 2010, 07:56 PM
Ok some other question, How would I ban users or make the "server player" Invisable? also I would like for my server to show up on the server list.

The shaded out games i think are to far way as there was on in some foringn languish. I speek english and french and it was neither

No clue there.

But where would this txt file be?

Also I mean no game music playes I get this message saying something like my
sound is taken up by some other porgram,
what other porgram?
BlueDragon

JCF Member

BlueDragon is doing well so far

May 29, 2010, 05:57 AM
Music downloads can be enabled in the latest version of JJ2+.

Mycatisbigfoot: /ban (number get in F9 list) (reason if any)
/idleserver on/off makes host invisable
/list lists the server

The text file is in your jj2 dir if you extracted all files from the JJ2+ rar.
Mycatisbigfoot

JCF Member

May 29, 2010, 05:02 PM
thanks I removed ssf and install my coppy 1.23 I bought from quebec when I was a wee boy.

I have another problem with loading lvs but thats another post