Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

The Guitar Tabs/Sheet Music/Guitar Pro/MIDI Thread

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Jul 29, 2014, 05:13 PM
The Guitar Tabs/Sheet Music/Guitar Pro/MIDI Thread

Jazz is 20 years old, so to celebrate this, I'm compiling as many Guitar Pro files, MIDIs, tabs(Including bass and drum tabs), and sheet music pages as I can find into this one thread.

One thing I'd like to get out of the way quickly is that this isn't meant to be just for guitar players, this is for all musicians who would like to play music from Jazz Jackrabbit.

For those who don't own Guitar Pro, or you use Linux, try TuxGuitar; it's free and can open all Guitar Pro files, MIDIs, and Power Tabs.

And so, without further ado, here's the list. If you have any GP files, sheet music, or tabs(of any kind), feel free to post them.

Jazz Jackrabbit 1
- Main Menu: YouTube video with bass tab annotations, Guitar Pro (5-string bass(The YouTube one uses a 4-string with an odd tuning), drums, brass section)
- 3D Bonus Level: Guitar Pro (6-string guitar, 5-string bass, drums, two keyboard tracks)
- Boss Level: Guitar Pro (7-string guitar, two 4-string basses tuned one step down(DGCF), and one drum track)
- Level Clear: Guitar Pro (Two 6-string guitar tracks(One is just for a delay effect), one keyboard track, and a drum track)
- Episode Clear: Guitar tab, Guitar Pro (6-string guitar, 5-string bass, drums, and two keyboard tracks)
- Holidaius 1: Guitar tab, Guitar Pro (7-string guitar(A drop-d 6-string in the text-only tab), 4-string bass, drums, keyboard)
- Holidaius 3: Guitar Pro - Flawed (5-string bass, drums, three keyboard tracks. This GP file is missing quite a bit, but you can get a pretty good idea of what's going on from this)

EPISODE 1
:
- Diamondus: Guitar Pro (4-string bass, drums, two keyboard tracks)
- Tubelectric: Guitar Pro: Classic, Modern (Modern works best for guitar players, classic works best for keyboard players. That's literally the only difference)
- Medivo: Guitar Pro* (5-string bass(Redundant 6th string present in file), drums, three keyboard tracks. This is made up of two flawed Guitar Pro files put together; the originals are here and here)

EPISODE 2:
- Letni: Guitar Pro (4-string bass, drums, and two keyboard parts. This GP file is not great, and you have to tune the bass down an octave. For some reason, it has two redundant strings(Bringing it up to 6 in total), too)
- Technoir: Guitar Pro (6-string guitar in drop-d tuning(DADGBE), 5-string bass, drums, and four keyboard tracks)
- Orbitus: Guitar Pro (5-string bass, drums, voice/keyboard(The doo doo-doo doo-doo part), keyboard)

EPISODE 3:
- Fanolint: Guitar Pro (6-string guitar in drop-d tuning(DADGBE), 5-string bass, drums, keyboard)
- Scraparap: Guitar Pro (5-string bass, drums, two keyboard tracks)
- Megairbase: Guitar Pro (5-string bass, drums, two flute tracks)

EPISODE 4:
- Turtemple: Guitar Pro (4-string bass, drums, two keyboard tracks)
- Nippius: Guitar Pro (Two 6-string guitars, one 4-string bass, drums, two keyboard tracks)
- Jungrock: Guitar Pro (5-string bass, drums, keyboard)

EPISODE 5:
- Marbelera: Guitar Pro (5-string bass, drums, keyboard)
- Sluggion: Guitar Pro (5-string bass, drums, two keyboard tracks)
- Dreempipes: Guitar Pro (Two 5-string bass tracks, one drum track, two keyboard tracks)

EPISODE 6:
- Pezrock: Guitar Pro (5-string bass, drums, keyboard)
- Crysilis: Guitar Pro (4-string bass with the first string tuned two steps down and the others tuned one step down(CGCF), drums, two keyboard tracks)
- Battleships: Guitar Pro (4-string bass, drums, two keyboard tracks)

EPISODES A, B, and C:
- Exoticus: Unavailable
- Industrius: Unavailable
- Muckamok/Muckamuk: Unavailable
- Rainforeus: Unavailable
- Stonar: Unavailable
- Deckstar: Unavailable
- Ceramicus: Actually just a duplicate of Pezrock.
- Deserto: Unavailable
- Lagunicus: Unavailable

*The Medivo GP file is from my public Dropbox. If the download stops working, let me know.

Jazz Jackrabbit 2, 3, and Secret Files
- TSF - Frolick Lane: Guitar Pro (4-string bass, drums, two keyboard tracks)
- JJ2 - Carrotus Castle: Guitar Pro (5-string bass, drums, three keyboard tracks)
- JJ2 - Boss 2: Guitar Pro (Four 6-string guitar tracks tuned one full step down(DGCFAD), two 4-string bass tracks tuned one full step down(DGCF), drums. I recommend tuning all the tracks up a full step and just playing it in standard tuning)
- JJ2 - Dark Groove: Guitar tab (6-string guitar, standard tuning)
- JJ2 - Jazz Be Damned: Guitar tab (Two 6-string guitars, standard tuning)
- JJ3 - Green Target: Guitar Pro (Three 6-string guitar tracks, a 4-string bass, drums, two keyboard tracks)

As you can tell, the Jazz 1 soundtrack is nearly complete(With only the CD songs missing), while the Jazz 2 and 3 soundtracks... Yeah... So, if anyone has any tabs, sheet music, MIDIs, or Guitar Pro files, I'd be happy to add them to the list.
Happy playing, everyone.

Last edited by Love & Thunder; Mar 12, 2015 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Minor changes

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Jul 29, 2014, 08:08 PM
These should be useful . Can Tux Guitar adjust these to work with Ukulele?

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Jul 30, 2014, 05:46 AM
Yes; you'll probably have to change the tuning, though. And if there are more than four strings in the track you want to play, you'll have to set the redundant strings to ridiculously high or low settings before you remove them entirely(Which should move all notes there to different strings).
One problem you might encounter would be notes that don't fit in the ukelele's range, which TG will remove from the track entirely(So you'd probably have to mess around with moving notes to different octaves), and the fact that TG always uses a fretboard length of 24 frets(Although it supports notes up to the 30th).

Overall, making any given track playable on a ukelele should only take a few minutes maximum.

EDIT: Also, just to make sure everyone knows, despite its name, Guitar Pro is designed for basically all instruments(Mainly guitars, basses, drums, and keyboards, but it's supposed to work for all of them; the only big difference between Guitar Pro and TuxGuitar -- other than price and Linux support -- is that GP has the "Realistic Sound Engine", while TG is MIDI-based)
(Next time I make a post in this thread, I'll try be more concise... :L)

Last edited by Love & Thunder; Jul 30, 2014 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Quickly attempting to remove confusion.