Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Lost World episode download server down again

Ninja Dodo

JCF Member

Ninja Dodo is doing well so far

Feb 22, 2002, 12:44 PM
Unhappy Lost World episode download server down again

Yup, this LWE server (prohosting) too seems to have given up on me. I'm uploading and re-linking to a new server as I'm typing this, so to those that have tried to download it recently but where unable to:
I'm working on it...

JCF Member

Another Jazz 2 fan has disabled reputation

Feb 22, 2002, 01:13 PM
Maybe you could put it into multiple zips for us 56kers. I couldn't download it! [when it was still up] (Actually, now we got cable, but that isn't to my PC with JJ2 on it and we haven't networked yet)

But, can't wait to see the episode.

Another Jazz 2 fan
Jason Jackrabbit LP

Proud to be an old-timer! Rarely active, but Jazz Jackrabbit will always be in my heart.

Check out my War Tavern story, The Life of Jason Jackrabbit! [UPDATE - yeah, it died in 2002, but it was fun!]
Current Projects: Devan's Secret Weapon - yes, I still intend to release this some day. Got a lot of really great stuff done, it's going to be awesome!
Ninja Dodo

JCF Member

Feb 22, 2002, 02:07 PM
Thumbs up

There...
This link should work: http://zeepost.nl/~lostworld/lwe.zip

Well, the trouble with uploading an extra version in parts, is that it will take another 18 MB of webspace, which I don't really have... Still, I may be able to come up with something.

JCF Member

JanusJackrabbit has disabled reputation

Feb 22, 2002, 03:07 PM
Please try! My computer isn't networked yet and I usually have to take level packs piece by piece and put them on my computer.
Matrix

JCF Member

Matrix is doing well so far

Feb 22, 2002, 08:32 PM
Exclamation ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

ARGGGGGH!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I D/L the whole 17.3 MB to find.........an EXE file !!!!!

And MACS DONT RUN EXE FILES !!!!

WHY DID YOU U/L AN INSTALLER !

And i was looking forward to it !!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*

Matrix

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH!!!!!

OH WELL I'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT TILL I GET VPC

JanusJackrabbit

JCF Member

JanusJackrabbit has disabled reputation

Feb 22, 2002, 08:51 PM
My ears hurt, Matrix!
Ninja Dodo

JCF Member

Feb 23, 2002, 12:45 AM
Okay, I will look into creating a version that is divided into small managable parts, and Matrix, I will leave out the installer just for you

Now I just need to find more webspace...

JCF Member

Feb 23, 2002, 04:10 AM
Talking Lost World episode now available in small parts!

Well, I've managed to upload a version in parts to a server.

So if you can't download the 17.8 MB version, go here:
http://zeepost.nl/~ninjadodo/lwe_dl.html
and click on the *LITE edition* link.

(btw Matrix, this version does not have an installer)

Now let's just hope this new server holds...

JCF Member

Spaz Boy is doing well so far

Feb 23, 2002, 07:52 PM
Web Hosting

I'd host the files for you, but it would be very slow, and chances are (with the popularity of your level pack) that I would exceed my maximum bandwith and have my DSL shut off. (No, I'm not kidding. ;P)

But, it's great that you've got it working. If you get desperate contact me, it is pretty unlikely I'll get kicked off, I've got some ridiculous bandwith. I can host either versions, I have 90 gb of hd space, so don't worry about file sizes.

~SB

(Webspace offered mainly because I loved the pack so much. Especially the cutscenes, and I want everyone to enjoy it. =P)
(AND BECAUSE I CAN MAKE 500000000 POP UPS FLY IN YOUR FACE. J/k. [Even though I COULD.] )

" don't question something made in Japan.. Cuz that will just lead to more questions.. just understand that it's a bag of hell and move on" -VeggieMan[GpW]

LONG LIVE TEH SNUFUSS!

The AntiMcDonalds forums have turned into the JCF. Now includes the "spontaneous corrupt" feature.

(That was a fanchy smanchy way of saying that the forums are broked. AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT TOO.)
Matrix

JCF Member

Matrix is doing well so far

Feb 23, 2002, 08:57 PM
Use an iDisk

Apple (and I know most windows ppl hate em) offers a FREE unlimited bandwith 'internet disk' called an iDisk. It has 20mb of space and are quite fast.

In the help it says that you can connect to an iDisk from Windows 98 and ME and XP.

If you want more info PM me since we'll have to do some testing (aka passwords ect.)

An iDisk can only be setup on a mac but can be accesed on windows

Cheers and i hope your intrested,
Matrix

Ninja Dodo

JCF Member

Feb 24, 2002, 01:57 AM
heh, well I don't know what your current bandwith is but erm... in the first three days LWE got downloaded 75 times. 75 x 17.8 = 1335 MB bandwith usage! Now, I've been doing some research and it turns out even commercial servers offer an average 1000 MB PER MONTH. Assuming the downloads would have kept coming this fast, LWE would have made like 10 times that much in one month.
No wonder I got kicked off for "excessive bandwith usage".

Anyway, my current server seems to be a lot better in many respects. No apparent bandwith limit, lightning fast and no ads... So I think I'll be okay now. Thanks anyway, though