No screenshots yet.
|hgfHandles.j2l||Infiltration Mission||4.31 kB||11 Apr 2018|
|Waz15.j2t||Waz15||7.78 kB||22 Mar 2018|
|hgfHandles.j2as||1.17 kB||11 Apr 2018|
|pip-compaction.it||Compaction||2323.10 kB||30 Mar 2018|
|MLLE-Include-1.4.asc||9.55 kB||30 Mar 2018|
Trying to sharpen my level design skills with this one. I’d definitely appreciate feedback on the level design. I think I’m finally starting to get somewhere on that front, but I’m not 100% sure, and would love to hear what you guys think on the matter.
NOTE: Level technically runs fine in vanilla, but bottomless pits won’t properly kill the player, the player won’t get infinite lives, etc. It is still advised that you play in Plus as a result.
NOTE 2: Yes, I realize I made the bonus warp invisible by mistake in the initial release. This should be corrected now. Sorry about that!
Cool level, challenging and enjoyable! Music is nice too. The hardest parts (and most annoying) for me were the slow swinging ball platforms as you’re most likely going to get knocked out to your doom by a bee or miss landing on it after detaching off the vine. Other than that, the level is very enjoyable. Download recommended!
Let’s briefly list the pros and cons of this level.
- Well, the level is rather difficult, but this is indemnified by unlimited lives. And there are enough of savepoints – not too much, not too few.
- A lot of things depend on difficulty you choose. “Hard” adds lava tiles that definitely won’t make you feel good, “Easy” places springs at the tops of some spikes (but this won’t prevent you from loosing a heart if you jump on them) and adds a lot of cannonball platforms that prevent you from falling into the spikes or bottomless pits.
- The boss (Devil Devan) isn’t modified, but the arena is. The vines, yeah. They make the things harder. Generally speaking, you have to climb the vines all over the level (and look out for blue vines – you can’t keep a grasp on them)
- I also liked level’s music.
- The gameplay is a lil bit tiring. You literally don’t have a chance to catch your breath when you simultaneously have to avoid a couple of respawned bees and to maintain balance on a cannonball. It’s not the best option for those who like fast gameplay.
- All those morphing TV-sets that can be found all over the level are useful only if you don’t play as Jazz.
- I really don’t think that adding some food to the level would spoil it.
- Though the difficulty has a strong influence on the level itself, it doesn’t look like it changes anything in the boss fight. Thus, Boss seems too miserable after you accomplish the level on “Hard” difficulty :)
Nice level. Pretty challenging and not too big. Check it out!
The odd feeling given by Infiltration Mission is of a Jazz 2 level made by someone who has never played Jazz 2. On some level, it’s trying to do the same thing as Maze of Steel, focusing on gameplay and spike balls with little break between sections. But there’s less variety here, and somehow the eyecandy here works against itself… the graphics are too detailed to pretend it’s a test level, which is what it’s unconsciously trying to be, yet not detailed enough to treat it as a normal single player level. The level design feels more appropriate for a game with a smaller resolution. The boss is an interesting concept, but intolerably slow (especially when compared to the pace of all the rest of the level) if you didn’t collect every coin along the way.
Eat your lima beans, Johnny.