|xlmrag-MLLE-Data-1.j2l||MLLE Extra Data||9.22 kB||10 Apr 2020|
|xlmrag-MLLE-Data-2.j2l||MLLE Extra Data||6.63 kB||10 Apr 2020|
|xlmrag.j2l||Ragnarok||25.15 kB||10 Apr 2020|
|Castle2.j2t||Castle 2||209.44 kB||29 Mar 2002|
|diamondusln.j2t||Diamondus (Loon Edit)||866.40 kB||20 Jun 2019|
|IC - Diamondus1.j2t||IC - Diamondus1||273.16 kB||03 Apr 2011|
|xlmrag.j2as||7.34 kB||10 Apr 2020|
|A. Brandon - Surfacing.s3m||Surfacing||679.04 kB||26 Aug 2011|
|MLLE-Include-1.5.asc||12.62 kB||10 Apr 2020|
My entry for the JJnet Season 16 Level contest.
Suited for 2v2’s and upward.
Please mind that this level uses respawnable Small Trees which can be shot down to prevent players from going a certain path. There are only two of these trees, and they are placed near the RF powerup. The respawn timer has been set to 45 seconds.
This feature could be nifty for strategic purposes.
Fixed minor flow errors and updated script.
Fixed minor script error
One of Loons best levels and together with Byzantine Blues the best entry in my opinion. I thought it might be a little too big for 2v2’s at first but I take that back. Well done!
Copy pasted from contest feedback, note this is rated on its suitability for 2v2/3v3
+ Visual appeal
+ Very fun & unique Full NRG area
- Some incredibly awkward start positions
- The bottom section of the level feels rather disjointed at parts, similarly, some ammo at the bottom feels very time consuming to collect (namely seekers)
- Top section feels a bit isolated, I personally didn’t have issues with it in 3v3s, but in 2v2s it felt pretty much a defensive haven
I recommend for 3v3, although I would need to test this further in 2v2 to really endorse it for that too
Some flow (particularly at the bottom) can feel very odd and take a lot adjusting
I do like this map, and have rated it higher than others (that I voted for) because I feel like it has a better finish, but felt it wasn’t as suitable for ladders etc
From contest feedback:
+ Interesting layout with a few influences from other levels
+ Much room for skill moves like RF-climbs
+ Balanced with both open and closed areas
- Fairly peculiar flow, hard to get used to
- Feels sometimes a bit cramped with the ceiling scenery, especially in the middle
- The top area of the level feels a bit redundant and isolated
/ Playable in 3v3, not sure about 2v2
Not rating it, because we’re in the same level group.
Eat your lima beans, Johnny.