|ezstar.j2l||FTL Starship||15.50 kB||07 Nov 2019|
|ic - technoir3.j2t||IC - Technoir3||161.80 kB||21 May 2016|
|babylon.s3m||534.49 kB||02 Jul 2019|
|ezstar.j2as||1.56 kB||07 Nov 2019|
|MLLE-Include-1.4.asc||9.55 kB||24 Oct 2019|
A starship based on the universal design of FTL drive cores. Level inspired by the Mass Effect Trilogy.
Created for JJNET Mappool Contest 2019.
EDIT: Various minor edits regarding ammo distribution and masks.
EDIT 2: Fireball PU is now obtainable from below by directly shooting non-powered-up fireballs upwards.
Copy pasted from contest feedback, note this is rated on its suitability for 2v2/3v3
+ Fun carrot areas
+ Versatile & fast-paced gameplay
+ Probably most suitable for 2v2 + 3v3, gameplay-wise
- Some minor flow blips (that have potentially been updated):
• shooting gun8 PU seems suboptimal from left-side
• weird suckertube delay at bottom left
• some layer 3 pipes feel a bit bumpier than expected, probably easy to fix
I recommend 2v2/3v3
Rating omitted since ez-product
From contest feedback:
+ Fairly balanced layout with both open and closed areas
+ Pretty smooth and friendly flow with lots of diversity
+ Lots of room for strategic play and skill moves like RF-climbs
+ Balanced weapon and carrot placement
+ Visually impressive but not too distractive, no harsh colors
- Takes some time to learn completely, some areas are not so easily distinguishable
- Some tubes are sometimes hard to move in
- Some scenery is hard to distinguish as foreground from sprite layer, like the ceiling tubes at the top of the level
/ Seems playable in 2v2/3v3
Eat your lima beans, Johnny.