No screenshots yet.
|xlmsnowland-MLLE-Data-1.j2l||MLLE Extra Data||3.92 kB||21 Oct 2019|
|xlmsnowland.j2l||Snowland||8.88 kB||21 Oct 2019|
|xlmsnowlandN-MLLE-Data-1.j2l||MLLE Extra Data||3.93 kB||21 Oct 2019|
|xlmsnowlandN.j2l||Snowland Night||9.23 kB||21 Oct 2019|
|Blizzard Night.j2t||Blizzard Night||116.80 kB||10 Oct 2018|
|Blizzard.j2t||Blizzard||119.06 kB||02 Apr 2019|
|xlmsnowland.j2as||1.87 kB||21 Oct 2019|
|xlmsnowlandN.j2as||1.88 kB||21 Oct 2019|
|A_Whole_New_World.mp3||3691.47 kB||07 Oct 2019|
I am proud to present you my newest level, and entry for JJ.net Season 16 CTF Level Making Contest!
The .zip file contains 2 levels with different lighting.
xlmsnowland – the lighter version, and xlmsnowlandnight – the darker version.
This level took me a lot of time to make because the Blizzard tileset was really difficult at some points. I had to redraw some tiles and fix masking for many of them. Loon has helped me with some eyecandy and other stuff. Big thanks to him! Also thanks to Sir Ementaler, Warren and PJ for helping me with scripts and everyone else who played and tested it.
This level has 1 full energy carrot at the top. Seekers can’t go through the wooden box around the carrot (thanks warren). There are 2 power ups – Toaster PU under blue base, and Fireball under the red base.
Every platform was carefully designed to make the movement be smooth and to make the campy spots easy to counter attack.
- One of the main features in this level is that you can score/capture from below.
- Bouncers can be used to attack carrot from vine on top. Bouncer color is changed to red because they were almost invisible with the blue level.
- Electroblaster can be used to attack vines under the bases if you shoot where the snowman is placed. Because of that – speed of electroblaster bullets is 1.5times faster
- There are a few places where fireball can be used to shoot up
- RF can be useful at bases for RF climbing to escape the hunt
Suitable for 2v2 and 3v3.
10/21/2019 Edit: Fixed the filenames because the original MLLE Data filename for Night version was longer than 31 character and caused players to get Unauthorized file request error when joining the server
Copy pasted from contest feedback, note this is rated on its suitability for 2v2/3v3
+ Fun C area
+ Fun to do tricks with the base through the floor
+ Some useful RF climbs that don’t feel forced
+ Atypical PU scheme
- I don’t like the mixed ammo patches
- Ceilings are incredibly bumpy
- Some really awkward spawn positions that allow free rushes
- Generally very cramped, making gameplay feel quite rigid
I recommend as 2v2/3v3
+ Visually decent in the night version
+ Good selection of weapons and powerups
- Fairly quirky flow, hard to move in smoothly
- The vines at the top of the level are mostly on the way, rather than adding more gameplay depth
- The buffer tubes and spawn positions are quite evil, it takes a long time to attack the enemy base after dying
- The lower levels feel too cramped and it’s easy to hit the ceiling while moving
- Some things are a bit unintuitive, such as the floor below the bases which is not one way
/ Seems to be playable in 2v2 and 3v3, but 3v3 might get a bit cramped
/ The day version might be a bit harsh to the eye, the night version works better
Eat your lima beans, Johnny.