Jazz cameo in Horizon Zero Dawn

Posted:
19 Mar 2017 at 00:55
Source:
h/t/ Skunk Shampoo

Horizon Zero Dawn is a video game that came out recently for the PS4, and a few people on YouTube have noticed it includes a cameo-of-sorts from Jazz. Here’s a representative video. As you can see, there are two non-threatening rabbits, and one of them is named Jazz and the other is named… Jack.

Yeah, it’s kind of a least-possible-effort cameo, but at least one of them drops a green item when killed.

- Violet CLM

Comments

Sir Ementaler on 19 Mar 2017 at 01:14

I propose that we display a “+25 Wildlife Kill” message above heads of dying players in multiplayer.

Stijn on 19 Mar 2017 at 01:35

Worth noting that the game was made by Guerilla Games, founded by Arjan Brussee (who no longer works there) and Michiel Ouwehand (who still does, according to LinkedIn).

Blackraptor on 19 Mar 2017 at 04:19

I have been playing this game a lot and haven’t seen this, pretty frickin awesome! Side note: The loot drops from wildlife are random (green is just a sign of increased rarity) and all rabbits are non-threatening in the game, poor critters generally just flee from you and get slaughtered for resources ;P

PT32 on 19 Mar 2017 at 04:52

This seems awesome

Ja22 Jackrabbit on 19 Mar 2017 at 11:28

So there’s just a simple rabbit named Jazz? He’s not even green or doesn’t carry a gun? Oh come on, they could be more creative. :-)

Slaz on 19 Mar 2017 at 13:51

Remember that Jazz is still copyrighted by Epic. Making them green with a big gun and calling them Jazz and Jack would give Epic’s newbies a valid reason to start a lawsuit. It’s the US after all (Epic, not Guerrilla).

Ja22 Jackrabbit on 19 Mar 2017 at 21:57

Hm, that’s a bit strange to me. It feels like if I say ‘Google’ in this post, I have to pay for it.
brought away by a taxman

Violet CLM on 19 Mar 2017 at 22:27

I mean, I’ve played three different games that have blue hedgehog enemies who attack you by rolling around.

Jelly Jam on 24 Mar 2017 at 19:03

@Violet what about this one ?

Violet CLM on 24 Mar 2017 at 22:44

That’s one of them, yes :P