Aaaaaand it’s that time of the year again! The Jazz2Online staff wishes you all a (slightly belated) merry christmas and a spectacular new year. Enjoy the last bits of 2016!
Source: this very website tbh
- Remember this post about Nick Stadler coming across a cache of JJ2 artwork? Well, Jazz J. followed up about this on Twitter and was told that much of the work was destroyed. No more details have emerged yet but it’s not looking promising.
- Long-running Jazz 2 recode project Project Carrot has just posted a new update video, the first since May, “including features such as the lighting system, positional sound, bonus warps, the base for the Freezer weapon, and a number of other newly implemented events.”
- If you’re looking for a way to spend your time inside in these cold winter months, we’ve got some fresh single player experiences for you in the Downloads section. Blackraptor has released a massive update to his old Generic Single Player Level, making it the “biggest standalone single player level ever released,” and Speaktrap just finished a metroidvania-inspired level using the HauntedH tileset. And if you still haven’t played Forest Forgotten from long-time SP enthusiast Spaztic, there’s no time like the present!
- Did we mention a new JJ2+ got released the other day? Most of the server list has been updated by now, though there are a few 5.3 holdouts still.
- Somewhere there is a school teacher who likes JJ1.
- There are some new interesting sprites and tiles in the Jazz Jackrabbit Custom Sprites section of The Spriters Resource. The Jazz 1 page got some significant updates recently as well.
- After 7 years, The Last Guardian has been released.
Santa visted Carrotus early this year and look what he left in our Christmas stockings, a new JJ2+ release!!
Lots of bugfixes and behind-the-scenes improvements this time, as well as some new features:
/gemtransfer allows instant transfer of gems in Treasure and Head Hunters, instead of the default behaviour of gems dropping to the ground.
/resetadmins reloads the admin configuration file, restoring admin privileges to those specified in there
- Code that draws translucent tiles was made faster, so that they won’t slow down the game as much
- A health glitch associated with anti-radar mode was fixed
…and more! As always, check the changelog for the full list of updates, report bugs in the JCF thread and download the latest version here.