These are the keyboard controls that Jazz Jackrabbit 2 uses. They can be changed in-game if desired, but most players are known to stick to the default settings.
Weapon Switch Keys
- F1: Show Help Screen1.
- F3: Shrink visible region without changing resolution. If the level’s background is textured and the texture’s tiles are translucent, the game will crash with an Access Violation error.
- F4: Expand visible region without changing resolution. If the level’s background is textured and the texture’s tiles are translucent, the game will crash with an Access Violation error.
- F5: Load Game1.
- F6: Save Game1.
- SHIFT+F7: Display packet stats in jazz2.log and spy window2.
- F8: Show/Hide players’ names.
- F9: Show Game Information.
Press once for a list of players in the server as well as the current baud2. Press twice for the name of the level, your position in the level, your fps (frames per second), your resolution and your color depth (e.g. 640×480 8-bit color). Press it a third time to turn off the game information.
- F12: Take a screenshot.
These keys can be used to make the game screen switch to another resolution without using the options screen.
- CTRL+F1: 320×200
- CTRL+F2: 320×240
- CTRL+F3: 400×300
- CTRL+F4: 512×384
- CTRL+F5: 640×400
- CTRL+F6: 640×480
- Single Player and Local Play Splitscreen Only
- Internet Play and Local Network Only
- Single Player Only